Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New

New

Hi guys.
    My name is Lauren, I'm ((almost)) 16, and live near Chicago. I'm currently pet-less but used to have a Westie up until two years ago when we had to put her down. I've been working on my parents to get another one but who knows if that will ever happen ((they told me to wait until school is over to get a real answer )).
    Hopefully I'll have good news for you guys in a few months!!!

Lauren

Hi Lauren!
    I go by a bunch of different nicknames here, but I'm Julie. I'm 14 years old, and am owned by a two year old Golden Retriever named Daisy, and a three year old Rough, Sable and White Collie named Molly. I also have a Pied Cockatiel named Piper, two cats named Angel and Dillian, and six Desert Tortoises.

Welcome to the group! This place is addicting though....you're stuck for life once you join. Good Luck with getting a dog! It took me a while to get my first one too.

Thanks for the welcome Julie!
    Is that your Golden Retriever in your signature? She's so cute! I love Goldens!
    My neighbors moved away a few weeks ago, but they had the sweetest Golden Retriever named Tazz. He was such a cutie.

Yes Ma'm.
    Goldens are the best breed, aren't they?

Here's one of my favorites of her.

I can't forget Molly either..

Hi Lauren! Welcome to Pet-Talk! You'll love it here, I am fairly new and I already love it! I am sorry to hear of the loss of your doggie, I know how hard it can be, got any pics you could share of him, westies are such cuties! I am Brandy, I own two dachshunds and an australian shepherd. I co-own another doxie and have a few other pets too. Hope to chat more soon!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Welcome Lauren,

I'm an oldster. I'm 42 and a middle school teacher. My husband and I have 11 rescue dogs and drive transports and have started coordinating them also. I hope your parents will allow you to have a dog if you want one...just show them you're responsible by doing stuff around the house without being asked and that sort of thing and maybe you'll convince them. Good luck!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Welcome to PT Lauren!!!!

I am sure that you will love it here as much as the rest of us do. I am another oldster. I have two kitties, you can see there faces in my sig file. I would take Mugsy's advice, that should give you a good shot anyway.

Wow Mugsy your old. Ok, I am not that far behind you.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Thanks again for the welcomes you guys! This place already seems great!
    Julie your dogs are so adorable! Molly is gorgeous, I love her color!
    Brandy I have a bunch of pictures of her so I'll try and get them up ASAP.
    Mugsy thanks for the advice. My parents know I can handle a dog, but they just don't know if getting one now is the best idea since I only have two more years left at home before I go to college. I'm still working on it though, and I'm not giving up yet!

Lauren

Originally posted by CatDad
    Wow Mugsy your old. Ok, I am not that far behind you.
    Thanks for rubbing that in CD! lol

Well Lauren...good luck and keep us posted.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

WELCOME TO PET TALK!!

Well, I'm the oldest one to reply to this thread so far

They call me Slick but my real name is Vickie. I'm 51 and owned by 2 cats, Max and Speckles. When I retire (and I can hardly wait) I'm also going to get a rescue dog probably around 5 or 6 yrs. old.

One thing about this site is that we all care about each other and each other's pets. We cry when one loses one and we rejoice when another pet comes through sir jury (surgery) and returns home.

You will also find this site to be a good resource of information.

Actually I think the BEST part is that there are meetings held all around the country. You'll have to check out the Meetings forum to see if any Pet Talkers are planning one in your area.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Welcome to Pet Talk!

I am Nicole and am owned by four cats and the two dogs in my signature

I hope you are able to get another dog soon. You sound like a responsible, caring person and there are many dogs who need loving homes
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Thanks Vickie.
    Those meetings sound great, I would love to go to one.

Thanks Nicole, I hope so too.
    Everyday I look online at the websites for the shelters near us and I always find a dog I want. I just haven't found one my parents want

Lauren

Originally posted by ChiRen
    Everyday I look online at the websites for the shelters near us and I always find a dog I want. I just haven't found one my parents want
    Hehe, Ay.....parents. Know the feeling. You'll get one, just takes time, trust me. What breed/s are you going for?

Welcome to Pet Talk! So glad to meet you I hope you can get your self another Pet. I can't immagine life without my babies. I would be a very lonely woman!

Lauren, you have come to the right place for friends and info.

My name is Ann, I have two dogs , two cats, two birds, 7 frogs.(Actually they have me.)

Vickie, LOL! now I'm the oldest to reply to this thread! I got a year on you little girl! heeheehee!
    Last edited by amoore; 02-14-2004 at 08:30 AM.

Welcome!!! I have two cockatiels, both of whom you can see in my signature. It takes time to convince parents to get pets sometimes.........trust me on that. It took me lots of years of patience too, but I got my dream birdies eventually. Hopefully you'll get your pet soon!!!