Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of dog is this?

I also see chow and Siberian husky.

Kind of looks like my dog, Keito. He is a Jindo. Almost everyone thinks he is a chow mix.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

thanks for all the kind remarks. She is certainly a very good addition to our home (however, I think our cats would disagree, but thats another topic for another day).

It seems to me that it's obvious to everyone that she is part Chow and that no one is certain what else. Oh well, she's still a lot of fun no matter what she is.

Wow, Keito sure does look alot like Grace. No wonder people mistake it for a chow.

Ok, after seeing Keito I may have to change my vote to Jindo. I've heard the name before, but never seen one. I can see how they would get confused with a Chow.

Your Grace is beautiful! I'm not very good on guessing breeds but I'd go with who ever said part Akita because of the tail.
    No matter what breed she is, I love that face

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Hmmm... I thought she kind of had the face of a yellow lab. But nobody else mentioned that. She is BEAUTIFUL though!!!
    Lori Green!

Drake and Jake 2004
    Jacob 4-20-04
    Drake 1-11-03

I would have to say that lady grace is a purebred Chow because their was one exactly like that in my dog's obedience class!

She certainly is beautiful! Welcome to Pet Talk by the way. Do you have any other dogs?

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

maybe...chow, jindo, mixes of husky and shiba and akita? possible.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

who are you welcoming to pet talk?

Thanks for all the recent kind words about lady grace. It's been a while since i've visited this site, so i think i'll give an update on lady grace. I've given up on tring to figure out her breed. When people ask, i just say chow and husky mix, and people always comment how they see the chow in her. One lady told me she looks just like their shiba.

My wife and I have had her since feburary, and since day one we have had problems with her doing her business in the house, but we have gotten use to it, and just clean up the mess and go on with our lives. For the past few months she's gotten a whole lot better, able to hold all day while we are at work.

Well, my wife is a teacher and is off for the summer, and having someone at home all day long has changed Lady's schedule and she's been making a few more mistakes then before. And it doesn't help that 1 week ago we brought home a 10 week old Yorkie.

Lady is 3 years old and 140lbs, McCartney is 11 weeks old now and 1lbs 12oz and the two of them ask like long lost brothers. They chase each other all over our apartment and are getting along great. The little one likes to nip at lady whenever he can get a chance, but Lady is so sweet and just puts up with it.

One big happy family.

Just so you know, that in shelters, they will say the dog is mixed with chow, even if it isn't, just because it either has a black tongue or has black spots on its tongue...

Your girl is beautiful though, and I agree, I think shes a Chow/Akita.

akita/chow
    Layka