Thread: Ohhh that makes me mad!!

Ohhh that makes me mad!!

This is an ad I just saw on PetFinder......

Akc Chocolate Lab,female 4 momths old.Buckeye is good with kids and other dogs.She Knows sit,shake,and place commands.Working on down.99%potty trained to ring bell on doorknob.Very friendly and intelligent dog.Has been to vet 3 times and is current on all shots."Thought we wanted a big dog".$400 invested.Adoption fee-$150.00

Thought we wanted a big dog..... ohhhh grrrrrrrrr

Come on people!!! Think a little huh??
    Now because these stupid people didn't think before they got this sweet puppy, she is going to be uprooted at 4 months!!!

Even though I'm SURE she'll find a wonderful home (everyone seems to be looking for lab pups) it's just still not fair to her!

I really wish people would think a little more!

okay..... I feel better now... thanks!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

That's horrible I wish people would think more before they actually got a pet. Poor baby, I hope she finds a great home soon.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Yes, that is indeed one of the major issues behind the huge pet overpopulation crisis today - peoples' attitudes that pets are disposable property.

Got a chair and don't like the color? Well, just take it to the thrift store and buy another one?

Got a car, but the neighbor got a newer one? Well, just trade yours in on an even newer one ... gotta keep up with the Jones's.

Got your kid a bike and he broke it? Well, just throw it away and buy a new one.

Got a puppy and it ate the couch? Well, training is too much bother, so just take it to the pound.

Got a dog and she's getting old and stiff? Well, take her to the shelter and get a cute, new puppy.

Sad, but true. The vast number of animal euthanized in this country today will never decrease until people start to see pets as a lifetime commitment, for better or for worse.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Twisterdog - well said!

Imagine when this person's kids grow up ............ "OH, thought we wanted BIG kids .............. onto eBay you go".
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

How sad. Our local shelter said that one of the lousiest excuses for a dog to be put up for adoption was because the dog's color clashed with the furniture color.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Why don't people think!!! I gues these are the same kind of people who say... "Gee, thought we wanted to be married but we don't! On to the next!"!
    THINK PEOPLE, THINK.
    I hope that beautiful loving (and smart) puppy finds the home she deserves.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr. T, Macs and Oskar

Grrrrrr

I hope that pup finds a wonderful forever home, with someone who understands what it means to make a commitment to another living being.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada