Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New neighbor has no respect for my cat. I not sure what to do about her.

New neighbor has no respect for my cat. I not sure what to do about her.

About 5 years ago I got my first neighbor, that took over this one acre of land next to me. I had to give him access threw my lane to his propery. My one rule was that he help care for the lane and drive slowly down the lane so as to not hit any of my cats that might be out there. I told him if I caught him speeding down the lane I'd shoot his tires. LOL He has been great about everything, he drives so slow that I can't belive it.

Now the new problem, is his girlfriend that just moved in with him. She must think our lane is the INDY speedway. It's hard to belive that a car can go that fast down a grass/dirt lane.
    I have talked to him about her and he told me he speak to her about it.

I guess the talk went on deaf ears because she still speeds down the lane. I don't know what to do about her, I feel like she has no respect for me as a neighbor or for my strays that cross the lane to get here.

I've talk to him again about her and I can tell he feels bad, but he says she hard headed and wont listen. Her dog runs the lane and I asked him to explain to her how she might feel if I or my husband didn't look out for her dog.

What more can I say to them to make them understand. Even though some of my cats are strays, I still love and care for them the same as I do my other babies and don't want to see her hit them with her car. She come so close before!!!

Install speed bumps?

Can you build something like speed bumps on your lane? Really big ones that she'll have to notice and slow down for.

I say shoot the tires out!!! You did warn him. I have no sympathy for them just you and your pets. Or kidnap her dog.
    I ' m having a bad day, I'm having neighbor problems too.

Originally posted by Corinna
    I say shoot the tires out!!! You did warn him. I have no sympathy for them just you and your pets. Or kidnap her dog.
    I ' m having a bad day, I'm having neighbor problems too.
    Well I did say that didn't I.

I'm sorry your having a problem too with your neighbors.

One of the main reasons I moved so far out here was to, 1 get away from neighbors, 2 to be able to have my zoo crew without worring about the city limit on pets and 3 to be feel safer. It only took 1 woman to undo 2 of those reasons.

Originally posted by catnapper
    Install speed bumps?

LOL
    I did ask my husband about doing that.

Of course he says we can't because of our cars. We both drive modified sports cars, for street driving and racing. The speed bump, would also effect us.

I'm still thinking about it though.

Ready?

Go find a piece of a car.......shock part, hose or something that looks important.....

Break a piece off and then take the piece to her and say......."Did this fall off your car????

I noticed that pieces fall off my car when I go fast down the road.....Just wanted to warn you.....I don't want you to get killed when your car's frame breaks....."

If that doesn't work....delete the thread......
    you admitted to shooting at her....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    Ready?

Go find a piece of a car.......shock part, hose or something that looks important.....

Break a piece off and then take the piece to her and say......."Did this fall off your car????

I noticed that pieces fall off my car when I go fast down the road.....Just wanted to warn you.....I don't want you to get killed when your car's frame breaks....."

If that doesn't work....delete the thread......
    you admitted to shooting at her....

LMOL

You know her car is old enough she might just fall for that one.

Now I didn't say I'd shoot her, just her tires, to slow her down some. Don't put me in jail yet........Please!

God, how I hate people like that!! Obviously she doesn't only have no respect for your cats and your wishes, she also has no respect for her boyfriend's concerns when you say he's feeling bad about it and she doesn't care.

You've got some good advice here already, and I thought of another thing that might work, some kind of shock therapy. Try to get some pictures of animals that have been hit by cars (I'm sure there are some on the net) and show it to her, and also show her comments of people who lost their pets that way and confront her with their grief. Maybe that will help her realize what she's doing.

Kirsten

Originally posted by Kirsten

You've got some good advice here already, and I thought of another thing that might work, some kind of shock therapy.
    LOL,

My other thought was to stick some road kill under the hood of her car....

But, I didn't say that
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I have though about making a sign post, sort of like a speed sign only with a picture of a cat hit by a car, then under it maybe saying something like "Slow Cats at play"

I'm just afraid she might get a "tude" about it and go faster.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but she's a back hill redneck, missing a few brain cells. So who knows how she thinks or takes things.

What my neighbor sees in her, I'll never know.

Yes, I think such a sign is a good idea!

She really sounds like a stupid cow (pardon my language); stupidity and ignorance is a very bad combination! I'm sorry you have to deal with such a person.

Kirsten

I was just going to suggest posting a sign but you're right, that might just cause more attitude about speeding.

I think I would just tell the guy again to do something about it or else. Remind him of the rules set when you agreed to allow him to use your road.

I've had to deal with so many neighbor problems over the past 10 years that I can really sympathize with you. All mine are child related - all the neighbors kids think my yard is the community playground. They used to even climb my fence around the back yard. I have no children so there is no reason for them to be here. Luckily at the moment all the kids immediately around me have moved - YEAH. Oh gee, I better knock on wood!

From Decker with Love

Did you sign any paperwork agreeing to let him have use of the road? If you didn't, I would tell him this is the last warning, next time you loose the use of the road........PERIOD! (and then stick to it)

Did you sign any paperwork agreeing to let him have use of the road? If you didn't, I would tell him this is the last warning, next time you loose the use of the road........PERIOD! (and then stick to it)
    I think that's a GREAT idea!! That woman sounds as dumb as a bag of rocks!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!