Thread: I'm considering going to NY....questions....

I'm considering going to NY....questions....

Ok, ATA has tickets to New York for $74 round trip up until April 30th. Our timeshare is good for there and I've never been back east, so I'm thinking about it.

How would the weather be there at the end of April? Is it still freezing? Is it worth the trip?

Thank you Wolfie!

I don't think any trip to New York is ever not worth it! But then again...I adore NYC [I could just never live there, lol].

I went down there last year for my 21st birthday and had a blast. However, I went during August...so I'm afraid I can't help you much.

I wouldn't think it would still be freezing though...my friend lives in Chicago and it normally starts warming up there in March. But, like I said, I don't know for sure...I'm just assuming since Chicago and New York are both up north.

Speaking as a native New Yorker, GO,GO, GO!!! And April is a great time to go. The weather's beautiful then, all the flowering trees and bulbs are in bloom in the park, nice temps...60's-70's and not too crowded that time of year! Definitely go!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I would go!! I have an uncle that lives there so if you go, let me know and I'll get you his number.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

April weather in NYC is usually not bad. Plan on about 45-55 degrees (according to the almanac) but sometimes it can get into the 60's or 70's that time of year. Remember too, there are cabs everywhere so you don't usually have to stand outside for long. Have fun!!!

Like every one says......GO....you'll be glad you did. The weather should be good, but now days who knows what could happen, so be ready for anything.

You didn't say what part of N.Y. are you going any where near the city? or up state? Almost all of N.Y. is great, but if your going to be close to the city......GO for sure. I can give you some great places to eat, go out, to. You will have a great time.

LOL, I brought it up to hubby tonight. You know what he said?! "What in the hell is there to do in New York?" What a geek! haha. He says he'll think about it, but were really trying to save up to go to Australia and Japan within the next year or two. I'm not as conscious as he is about saving. lol. I want to go somewhere now!

Thank you Wolfie!

You are CRAZY if you don't go!!!

My daughter and I plan a weekend in NYC every single year. We take the train (although this year we'll be coming from opposite directions) in to Grand Central of a Friday afternoon. We check into a hotel (you can find great prices on the internet) go to dinner that night and then spend 2 days walking our little butts off!! I love NYC. My aunt (also my godmother) took me there for my 13th birthday and did every year after that till she died. It was a tradition that I passed on with my daughter. Every year we find new things and places to see! It's the city that never sleeps!

Go, have a wonderful time! And take LOTS of pictures!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by Tonya
    LOL, I brought it up to hubby tonight. You know what he said?! "What in the hell is there to do in New York?"
    Tell him there's EVERYTHING to do!! Think about it, the city is almost like traving the world, you have China town, little Italy etc. You can even find some places that might remind you of some third world country........stay out of them. please

I went to NYC a couple of years ago in April,but it might have been early April.It was pretty cold,but it might be warmer by April 30th.It is a really fun, interesting city.If you go, Im sure you'll have a great time.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~