Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Pray for Max

Please Pray for Max

I know it has been a while since I was on (been busy with 2 jobs and going to school full-time) but I hope you will all put Max in your prayers.

Max went to the vet today for a cyst on his tail. (he had 2 but I have been putting warm compresses on them until I could get an appt. and the smaller of the 2 broke open).

Since he hasn't had surgery since he was pup, they wanted to do a complete blood work up. I will know tomorrow if his Old body is able to handle the surgery.

He isn't in any pain that I can tell. He is eating and drinking well. He has plenty of energy. (Which is a good sign)

I have been in the medical field for almost 25 years now and I am very familiar with what things look like. I know in my head that Max has cancer but I just hope that we caught this in time and everything will come back to OK him for surgery.

I know he is old (15) but in my heart he still has plenty of years left.

Thanks for listening and Please put Max in your prayers.
    Lisa
    Lisa, Max and Spike

Please don't give up until you hear the worst. Duke had a bad cyst removed last year and I was so worried. It wasn't cancerous at all but a clogged up hair follicle. I hope the results won't be as bad as you're expecting. Duke will be 11 in April and it's not silly for you to wish him to live longer. The longer they live, the more love we feel for them.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Will be sending positive thoughts to Max. I hope it's not cancer; maybe his immune system isn't fighting the cysts because of his age, rather than something more sinister. Please keep us updated when you get some results.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I sure hope it isn't cancer like your thinking. I will keep your sweet Max in my prayers.
    Let us know what the vet says.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Poor Max. He will certainly be in my daily prayers.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Max's Mom, I'm in the medical field too and I know how easy it is to come to a dire conclusion. But please, please, think positive. If the other "lump" was a cyst (in the same area right?) there's an excellent chance that this one is too. Are they sure that this "cyst" requires anesthesia for removal? Did they try aspirating it? My Cody had a large lump on her abdomen a few months ago. They tried aspiration first and it was a large fluid filled cyst. I've always held a special place in my heart for your precious pups and I will be sending lots of prayers for dear Max and for an encouraging diagnosis. Don't give up hope, ok??? Please update us as soon as you have any news. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I'll be sending some prayers your way, Lisa. I hope Max is okay and everything works out.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Max is added to the list. I hope that all turns out alright and that it's just a cyst and nothing worse. Hugs to Max and the rest of the family.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I'll be keeping Max in my prayers & hope this is something
    that the Vet can fix quickly. Max has the sweetest smiley face
    ever. Try to keep positive & we'll all keep up the prayers for
    him.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Max will be in my prayers. Please try to think positive. My RB dog Muffin had a slightly smaller than a baseball sized cyst on her hip for the last two years of her life and she did fine with it. (Vet didn't want to do surgery because of advanced age). Hugs to you and yours.

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

Prayere comming your way!!

We all wish the best for Max!

Lisa- Please keep your chin up.... for yourself as well as Max!

~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I haven't seen Max before but he looks precious, and I'm sure this has to incredibly hard for you right now, but like the others, I would encourage hope and optimism as much as you are able.

I know my Willie had severe problems right after I lost Cody. Willie was 10 years old. I took him into the vet and he had cancer in his spleen. The vet advised surgery and gave him a 50/50 chance. I had just lost Cody a couple months earlier, and felt I was about to lose Willie next. It was a nightmare. But I prayed and had my family praying for him. The operation went ahead, and he was able to remove the spleen and the cancer didn't seem to have spread any. It took the old guy a couple weeks to regain his strength from all that, but he did, and he went on to live for three more precious years.

Even when things look the worst, there is always a chance it can be worked out. That was a very major surgery, but Willie came through it all ok. I'll be praying for your Max to do the same.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Not my baby Max, no.

Please let me know when he is scheduled for surgery, if he is.

Sweet Max will be in my prayers tonight, and until he is better.

Maybe if you tell him that his annoying cousins Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada won't be coming to visit, he'll feel better

Tell Max I love him very much.

Here are some more pictures of Max, for those of you who haven't "met" him yet:

This is Max's favorite sleeping spot:

Walking on the deck:

Look at that smile!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Max, you are sooo handsome! I hope the cyst is nothing. Shiloh had a very suspicious lump removed from her paw area and it turned out to be benign. I hope all goes well, Max! Prayers are on their way!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)