Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another story that I have been working on.

Another story that I have been working on.

The silence was about killing me. I wanted to know. I was so ancious to hear the news that I was about 10 inches off of the edge of my seat.
    My parents were sitting in the corner whispering about something. I leaned closer to try to hear but all that I could hear was a bunch of jumbled up words.
    I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I stood up quickly and walked over to the doctor. My parents started to get up, but I gave them this look of "don't you even think about it."
    I was scared as I walked. I then relized that I didn't want to hear the news. I started to walk slower. The look on the doctor's face was not a happy look. He looked more worried than anything.

" So, how is she? I asked anciously when I reached him. He looked down and sort of whispered something.
    " She has a pretty serious fracture on her left back leg." he whispered. I took a deep breath and asked him the questions that I was thinking about the most.

Me: Will she ever be able to race again?
    Doctor: Afraid not.
    Me: Do we have to put her down?
    Doctor: It would be best, but if you refer to keep after her for the rest of her life then that is your choice.

I decided to put her down. I cried myself to sleep that night. She was in pain and I didn't want for her to suffer. Other than that.. Barrel racing was the one true thing that she loved most. Taking her away from that would be like killing her, but not going to Rainbow Bridge to be happy.
    I didn't race for a long time after that. I was too afraid of having to go through that again. I didn't think that I could go around the barrels feeling as strong and brave as I used to. I would be too afraid to have my horse fall down. I loved the sport of barrel racing. Ever since I quit, I have never been able to be excited over much. I had lost my love and I wanted it back.

This is my story of horses, faith, love, fear, and of course..
    Barrel racing

Is that good?

Sounds good so far Jan! Keep going!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

This is my story of horses, faith, love, fear, and of course....
    Barrel racing

This time of the day, was the day when noone would hear of sitting down, watching a movie, or chit chatting. It was %100 work. Of course, I was the one that mainly worked with horse training. I also showed a steer for show.
    I was working on training a 3 year old stud to get used to having a saddle on his back. Dust was going everywhere. He was bucking, biting, and doing everything that he could to get that saddle off of his back. I had the rope wrapped around a pole in the middle of the corral and was holding onto the end.
    Our cowhand rode up on a buckskin paint that he had trained himself for cow work. He had a shirt in a big bundle in his lap. I could hear cries coming from it. I slowed down the little stud that I was working with, and walked out toward the cowhand.
    He was smiling and talking to something. I walked over and started to admire the shirt that he was holding. The cowhand's name was Brady. He was very nice. He was crazy about animals. I loved that part. He also rode broncs.
    "Hey Kaylin, look what I found." he said excitedly. He held out the shirt and I grabbed a hold of it gently. Inside I saw a really pretty blue heeler puppy. I gasped and started asking Brady a bunch of questions.
    " Where did you found the poor thing?" I found him around Pace Creek. he said nicely.
    "Is he a stray?" I asked. Not any more.

Bump.

oh i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol thanks i will have to write you a story i love to write this has brightened up my day
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

keep going i want to hear more
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

yeah keep going!it 's really good!

I grabbed the puppy in my arms and pressed my cheek against it's soft cold nose. I giggled and looked at the puppy happily. I looked up at our cowhand, smiled, and said thank you. He said your welcome, and asked with the training of the colt. I thought for a moment and then just said sure. After all, I could always use a little help with Gunsmoke. ( The colt in training)

Here is a pic. of Gunsmoke. Which is the colt that I am training in the story.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

gunsmoke is pretty! wirte faster!

We walked toward Gunny. Gunny's eyes flaired up and I caught sight of something inside of him. It was like something was grabbing me and pulling me forward. I couldn't breath for a good while. I couldn't even move. I saw some of his past. It was like a shadow of rolling stones tumbling over the sea. I couldn't understand it at the time, but I knew that he was trying to tell me something. I tried to explain it to Brady but all he could say was " Yep, you're our next Pet Mind Reader". I rolled my eyes and smiled. " I didn't expect a BOY to understand." I said in a teasing way.
    I turned the other way and started talking to myself. " Oh my gosh, I am flirting with him." I said quietly. He turned toward me with a curious look on his face. I smiled and felt myself turning red in the face. I made the excuse that I had to go check on the puppy. He smiled and said that he would see me later. I waved and ran back to the house. Inside, I had my mom, dad, sister, and my 3 brothers waiting at the table for supper. Embaressed, I sat down and bowed my head to say grace. The only thing was, noone started. Everyone stared at me like I had bird poo in my hair. I ran my fingers through my hair. No, all was good.. I thought.

lol! what was wrong??? why are they staring at her?

My brothers giggled. I stared at the floor, but stared at my brothers every few seconds. My mom started to giggle a bit afterwards. Then my sister. My dad just looked at the floor and pretended to be admiring his fork. When I looked up again, I saw that my brother had something hidden behind his back. I looked at him in that way that freaks him out. He smiled.
    At that very same moment he lifted up his hands and shook my diary in front of my face. My face turned so red from the mixture of embarrement and anger. I nearly jumped over the table to get after him. I lounged off of my chair but my dad grabbed me and sat me back down. My brothers and sister started to bust out laughing. My mom sort of tried to explain why it was ok for him to have my diary.

Mom: Kaylin sweety, we don't keep secrets from each other. You know that we don't allow diarys in this house.
    Me: Mom, there is some personal stuff in there that I FLAT OUT don't want you to know.
    Dad: But Kaylin honey, we need to know stuff like what you have in there.

I was steaming red at this time. I was ready to pour out everything that was in my diary. I was mad enough to tell the whole world and even Brady. The one I feared most to read my diary. I decided just to let them knoe EXACTLY what I thought and put in my diary.

Ok, do you guys really want to know what I think?
    For one thing, I don't like this little secret telling rule that we have! How can we ever even have a secret if we have to tell it?!? Another thing, yes I have had a majorly large crush on Brady since I was 7. So... That is MY bussiness. You guys DO NOT need to know that. My little brothers DEFINATELY don't need to know that!!!

I felt better after letting all of that out. I sat back down and started to breath deeply. I smiled at everyone and bowed my head. Little did I know that someone else besides my family were standing right behind me when I said all of that. I wished that I wouldn't have gone as far as I did. Because I was so embarressed at the time.

OMG!!!how exciting!

" Can I see Kaylin for a minute?" I heard a voice that I recognized behind me. My sister giggled, and my mother sort of gave a sour smile. I finally decided to get up and and turn around to see if it was really who I thought it was.... It was.

he's going to tell her he likes her too right???