View Poll Results: What type of toys do they like??

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cat Toys (Which ones are a favorite?)

13 86.67%
  • Dog Toys (What do they do with them? How does the dog feel?)

2 13.33%
  • People Toys (Which ones? How did they find them?)

3 20.00%
  • Non-Toy items (Paper, Bags, Q-Tips, etc. What is a favorite with your cat(s)? )

6 40.00%
  • My cat(s) don't play with toys

1 6.67%
  • Other "toys"

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Does Your Cat Play with Cat Toys?

Does Your Cat Play with Cat Toys?

Do your cats play with cat specific toys? Or do they prefer dog toys? People toys? Or, like most of my cats, do they like paper bags, water bottle tops and used q-tips?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Cat Toys
    Toy mice
    Catnip ANYTHING
    Balls (sponge, with beads inside, bouncy)
    Sticks with feathers or strings

NON Cat Toys
    Used (ick!) Q-tips
    Balls of paper
    Tissue paper
    Grocery Bags
    Water bottle tops (clear cover thingy)
    Tape
    Any wires or computery thing they can steal from David's briefcase/laptop thingy

Our cats prefer to play with all of the above. Micah LOVES mice because we play fetch with them each night. (He's so smart! ) Phoebe, even more than Samson, LOVE, LOVE, LOVES the plastic bottle caps! She hides them and each night brings them to bed with us and plays for hours and hours!

Noah and Phoebe have a strange and gross used q-tip fetish. We have to hide them in the kitchen trash or else....eww!

So..what about your fuzzies?

Speckles will sometimes play with the furry mice but not often anymore. At 16, she just wants to eat and sleep. The only exception is with the crotched mouse that Catmandu send her. That seems to be the only one she will take out of the toy basket these days.

Max does not play at all. He doesn't want to lower himself.....he's got that "I'm God's gift" attitude.
    Last edited by slick; 01-24-2004 at 09:36 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

cocoa and oreo love to play with toys with bells and cocoa likes toys with a lepoard strip

like this

Corkscrew really isn't too much into playing with toys, but he does like the feather wand. Tibby likes the feather wand and the furry mice, but her all time favorite of course is tampons.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

This is their most favorite toy

Got this at Pet Smart and you can change the things on the end. I call it "Amy's physical therapy" toy since that is what I have used it the most for. Gizzy uses it for that too, since she grabs it in her mouth and runs likitty split through the house dragging it with Amy hot on her heels. I find it just about anyplace where she'll drop it when she is done playing. You can see Amy laying on her side playing with it too. She lays down a lot to play with that bad hip/leg she has.

Next to this, grocery bags and big boxes are their favorite things. Gizzy likes to also play FOOT ATTACK when you are in bed and move your feet.

Blueberry plays with EVRYTHING he can get his paws on lol, just anything that's there he'll make it into a toy.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Bob likes some of the kitty toys. He loves his catnip owl, and feather on a string. He really likes the laser pointer. Of course there is his box fetish. He also likes to root around in paper and plastic bags. That is about all for Bob. Unless of course he is playing while I am gone.

Joey likes the mice and the soft balls that she has. She likes the laser pointer too. I am trying to get them to play with this together. She loves to bat around plastic bottle caps, I find them everywhere. She also loves to carry things around. Here favorite is old towels. She will drag them from there place in the laundry room to various places.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Re: This is their most favorite toy

Originally posted by Laura's Babies
    Got this at Pet Smart and you can change the things on the end.
    We have that too!! Its so cute...I bought it because I liked it...my cats think its fun too.

I forgot about the laser pointer! Our fuzzies love that thing!!

JC and Chlo play with anything from your toes to baby toys,to cat toys,to dog toys,to paper,tinfol,wrapping paper,paper bags,just about anything.They love to play.If one doesn't the other will or they both will.Of course sometimes it is household items or your watch or something that you need and can't find later but what sweeties they are.JC seems a little better with the aggresion issue but it's not gone.
    Laurie

Mine have two cat toys they LOVE. One is the track ball flat circle with the cardboard in the middle and the other is a terry cloth mouse made by Hartz with a rattle inside. People toys that are favorites are the good old milk/water ring tops. Paper bags and boxes are ALWAYS fun!

Kylie occasionally plays with Keegan's tennis balls, but her favorite toys are the 'teaser' toys like the cat dancer. She loves that!!!
    She used to play with cotton balls and milk jug rings but when Keegan came to live with us. She ate them.
    She occasionally likes the fuzzy mice. Again if Keegan doesn't eat them.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Storm's favorite toys are string, mice, cat dancer, quickdraw mcpaw, feather teaser, and anything with catnip.

Sunny's all time favorite toy is the cat dancer. When I adopted him, the rescue group gave me a cat dancer because they said it was his favorite toy. He used to carry it to bed with him. LOL He also loves balls, the kitty roulette wheel, feather teaser, mice, and anything with catnip. He also loves to play in water.

Cirrus loves just about anything. He gets so excited that he starts chirping when I bring out the feather teaser or the cat dancer. He also loves balls and mice too.

Everything is a toy to Sky. Sky's favorite toy is the kitty roulette wheel and his brown catnip mouse which came with him when I adopted him. He also loves balls, mice, the cat dancer, and feather teaser.

They also love paper bags and boxes. I have to hide rubberbands, twist ties, ribbons, paper clips etc. because they also like to play with these too.

My guys will play with most anything too. The all time favorite in our house is the SUPER BALL!! They love to play hockey or pick the ball up in their mouths and drop it. It will bounce and roll and the attack is on!! They do play with their mice as long as they have long fur or feather tails, straws are also a big favorite. Then the usual stuff, a couple gazillion water caps, milk rings, plastic tops from my hairspray bottle.

Mine play with a little bit of everything. For cat toys they love superballs, catnip mice, feathers (I like to buy them Peacock/Pheasant feathers).

Smokey has an oversized stuffed catnip mouse that he loves to play with and then he falls asleep with it.

Abner especially loves a toy called Da Bird. (you can see it on the floor)

Tigger loves boxes or should I say loves to make holes in boxes.

Mystic is the weirdest of all of mine...she like to play with underwear (yes underwear).

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08