Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayer Request

Prayer Request

I didn't find out about this until yesterday, but Monday night my friend Mark was attacked outside of a bar. He wasn't found until Tues morning, where they discovered him to be unconscious. Yesterday morning he woke up form his coma but is still in critical condition. The bar that he was attacked at held a candle light vigil for him last night which I attended, as well as his family members, the mayor of Tucson, and hundreds of other people. While the reason for the attack is still uncertain, police suspect that this was a hate crime. Mark is a young gay man, and the bar he was attacked outside of was a gay bar. While I know that not everyone on PT agrees with homosexuality, I know that every single person here is against violence and hate. Mark is a great guy, he's one of those people that if you are around him you have a smile on your face. Mark is always very cheerful and always in a great mood, his mood is always contagious and it's impossible to be in a bad mood when you are around him. It's so hard for me to understand how someone could hate so much especially when they don't even know the person. So if you can please say a little prayer for Mark and his family.

I couldn't find an article about it in the local papers. But there is a brief article in our Gay and Lesbian center website.
    http://www.wingspanaz.org/content/ne...hp?story_id=98
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Laura, that's just awful. Mark will definitely be in my thoughts. Let us know how he's doing.

Laura,
    I am so sorry to hear about Mark. I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

That's so sad and unfortunately all too common up here. Prayers on the way for Mark.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Laura, there is never a valid reason for an attack like this. I am so sorry your friend is going through this. We will definitely keep Mark in our prayers, and hope for a full recovery. And if it's ok, I'm also going to pray that the person responsible for this horrible act will be apprehended.

Logan

Mark will be in all our prayers. Keep us updated, okay. You will be in our prayers as well.

Oh, Laura, that is awful. Prayers on the way for Mark.

Chris

That is terrible. He's in my prayers.

From Decker with Love

Oh Laura, how dreadful I hope the horrible human being that did this to him is found and prosecuted asap! I will certainly keep Mark and his family in my prayers. How awful that he was left there for an entire day, unconcious Get well soon, Mark! We're pulling for you!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

How awful - and sad. Like Logan said, there is never a valid reason for an attack like this. I'm so glad he was found in time, and that he has come out of the coma. Positive thoughts and prayers are going out for him and for all of you (family, friends, etc.). This senseless hate just has to stop.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

OMG! <dials God>

Hi God ~

Sorry God, but we're screwin up, agin, down here
    onna Big Durt Ball...

Please reach out wiffa God'sPawz an
    wrap em round poor Mark an his Fambly.
    He needs Your Help ta get better...

And, kuld You maybee try to Teach us ALL to be a
    lil more Unnerstandin an Tolerant of each udder?

Thankx, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Laura I am sending my best thoughts for Mark.

I hope so much he'll be ok.

13. The sickness is hate. Laura, my thoughts are with your friend Mark.

I'm sorry to hear about Mark. Will be sending positive thoughts to him and his family for a full recovery.

I hope the person/s responsible are found and punished to the full extent of the law. There is no justification for that kind of act, none at all
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I'm sorry as well to hear that Mark was a victim of such anger and ignorance. Nobody deserves to be hurt like that, and, I hope that he and his family all recover and don't, in turn, keep hate in their hearts because of this crime. My "signature" rings very true in moments like this.....

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer