Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amy's vet visit today

Amy's vet visit today

Amy's vet visit went very well today, she weighs 6 pounds now at 5 months. She saw another vet, other than the other 2 she has seen there and this vet was really great with her (or me?). Remember, Amy is the one with the bad hip/leg that wobbles and quivvers on her all the time and I have been concerned as to what might be wrong. This vet, checked out her previous X-ray's that included her hip and she examined them really good and saw nothing. So, then she turned to Amy and began a real good examination of her hip/leg which she continued for a pretty good length of time. Her conclusion is there is muscle or nerve damage caused while in the birth canal. She soothed my concerns and told me Amy would lead a long, normal, healthy life once she understands her limits and to let her set her own limits.

I feel better with the third opinion that matched the other two and a vet that spent enough time with me to calm my fears and worrys about my special needs kitty baby. Her appointment is set for next Wednesday to have her "fixed" since this vet said with her problem, it is very important NOT to let her have kittens with this hip/leg thing. The weight of it would greately handicap her even more. Phew! I feel so much better. Just remember her in your prayers next Wednesday if you will...I still will worry)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Awwwww, she is absolutely precious! Amy is in my prayers. She is just too precious! aww With her handicap~ it's just more to love about her!

~Gina~

DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE PICTURES OF HER????
    Joanne Smith - kitty lovah

Wonderful news about Amy!!

A competent, personable vet that exudes confidence is so important, because he/she can put to rest so many of our concerns, and explain to our satisfaction what our pets' health issues involve.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery from her spay surgery, and I'll bet her handicap won't ever get the best of determined and precious Amy!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Wonderful news about Amy!!! I'm sure her spay will be fine as well!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

More pictures of Amy as requested

by Spunky... AvaJoy, you were right about the determiantion of this little one. She is just SO special to my whole family with how determined she can be when she wants to do something!

Spunky, here ya go....
    2 months when I first got her...OH WAIT! She is only half dressed! Only has one sleeve on yet!
    \

and who can resist a sleeping baby shot? 2 months

at about 4 months

and this action shot I got last week end with Chester

THANKS! SHE IS TOO TOO ADORABLE!! AWWWW HOW OLD IS SHE NOW? ADORABLE.
    Joanne Smith - kitty lovah

May is

She is 5 months old. The lady at the pet store where I got her said she was born August 4, 2003..so Feb. 4, she will be 6 months..Geez, time passes so fast whent they are babies. The pet store just took them in to give them away, there were 3 of them, all girls. Other than that, she knew nothing else about them. When I picked her up out of the cage there, she just cuddled and purred so, that I did not put her down until I got home and soon as I put her down, I noticed something was wrong with her. Her hind end kept flopping over like her leg completely gave out on her so she would walk up close to walls and furniture to keep her from flopping over. (Just her rear end would fall over tho) I immediately took her to the vet where they all fell in love with how she loved to cuddle and pur and had her checked. The lady at the pet store could not tell me is she was born like that or had been injured. I guess now, she was born like that. She is in NO pain, no matter how you poke, pull, push or prod on that leg/hip and she acts like a normal kitten, jumping, running, playing, not realizing she has limits. My bed is pretty high so I have a chair against it for her to get up and down from the bed easier. Sometimes, her hind leg won't work good enough for her to make that jump and I don't like her jumpimg that far down. It does seem that the bigger she gets, the harder it is for her to do some things and the more it wobbles and quivvers on her but she is one determined, brave little girl that is just the sweetiest little purring machine you ever saw!

Aww, Amy, aren't you gorgeous!! Very best wishes to you pretty girl. Hope all goes well next week.

Re: More pictures of Amy as requested

Originally posted by Laura's Babies

and this action shot I got last week end with Chester

THEY LOOK LIKE THEY'RE DANCING, CUTE !!!!

Beautiful Amy!! How brave you are to not let that leg stop you!! From that action shot it is obvious that you can hold your own! btw/I just love that picture!!!
    You are a gorgeous girl and I'm sure you will have a wonderful life in your loving home. Do you think that maybe God had your meowmie pick you up for a reason? She didn't put you down long enough to even know you had a problem. I do believe that God blessed you both on that day.

I think you are right!

I think Chester was sent to me since I had a house but not a home, Amy was sent to me because He knew she needed a place where she wouldn't be thrown away because of her little handicap and she would get all the loving, care and attention she needed. Chester made my house a home and Amy made it complete!

Hey sis, we're successfully on the "forbidden" table ... HIGH FIVE!"

What adorable babies.

She's just adorable! I love the "high five" picture. Her handicap will just make her more unique and loveable to you! So good to hear it doesn't cause her pain.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

LOL! That's a great caption Jen.

Amy is so adorable. I'm glad the vet gave her a good prognosis. The action shot is excellent.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Such a bad day

I don't know if it is the constantly changing weather here or what but Amy is having a horriable day tday. Her poor hip/leg is really bothering her and she has fell several times, really bad falls. When I pick her up to make sure she is alright, I can feel her bad leg just quivvering... I never have felt it when holding her before. This is the worst I have ever seen her and it is so pitiful to see her like that! She is to sweet for these bad days!