Thread: The Cruise Of The Good Ship "Feline Princess"

Threaded View

Samantha, Daisy and Jessica have sent me a full report of last night's Burns' Supper.

It seems that after HOURS with Raoul and Fernando, all the ladies were ready to party.

As our host, Fister kindly agreed to address the haggis.

I think he might have tasted it for the first time, but I'm not sure if he liked it much.

The Reply for the Lassies was given by none other than Her Highness, the Lady Edwina. As always, she looked ravishing in one of her beautiful outfits.

She made my girls quite jealous. They felt that as hostesses they should have made a bit more of an effort, so they scoured the ship for tartan accessories. Unfortunately this was the only one they could find.

Girls!! Get up! That is not appropriate. You have guests to entertain.

We also had a surprise guest.

Ally flew in specially from Bahrain! Following her very professional rendition of "To a Mouse" when Edwina visited the Edinburgh Festival last year, she agreed to perform again. A magnificent rendition she gave too. She even brought her own props!

Nellie also gave a very moving rendition of My Love is Like a Red Red Rose. When she finished, there was not a dry eye in the house. We don't know whether she was thinking of Lily and Pouncer and the beautiful red roses, or whether there was someone else on her mind. Clearly she was emotionally drained after her magnificent performance.

The girls decided against trying to find a piper in Miami, in case the noise frightened any of the cats (it certainly would have frightened my girls I can tell you! And goodness knows what the little bunnies would have thought.) Instead, Tigris kindly agreed to play the piano.

As Vio said, his playing is more for a jazzy event than a romantic one, but that was just what was needed after the poetry readings. After all, we don't want anyone getting carried away here. Some of the kitties are away from their meowmies for the first time.

Nellie, Edwina and Jessica did a great job of looking after the younger girls and the shy boys. Also Grover was on her best behaviour, so her meowmie has not to worry. And let's be honest, if this face was looking at you, would you not behave as well?

The carousing went on into the early morning, as befits the city that never sleeps. Samantha however is another matter.

SAMANTHA!!! Wake up. You'll miss New York!
    Last edited by Killearn Kitties; 01-26-2004 at 05:21 PM.