Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Annual California BBQ-July

Second Annual California BBQ-July

The Second Annual California BBQ will be held on July 24th, 2004
    in Los Angeles.

I am hoping as many people as possible can make it. I realize a flight or drive to Los Angeles is asking a lot.

I am working on a list of local hotels to share with you, which I will post later.

Depending on who can make it, and for how long, we can plan some sightseeing trips as well.

Last year it was so much fun to meet Kelly (Noah's Mommy), Karen and her husband Aaron (wolflady), Pam (the AntiPam), Tracey (KrazyaboutKatz), Laurie (lbaker) and last but not least Richard......the best slushie maker west of the Rockies.

Rusty and Ginger (neighbor's Goldens) can hardly wait - Richard sure knows how to scratch a dog in the right place.

Rascal, always the perfect gentleman and greeter is excited. Annie and Emma went under the bed when I told them.

I am hoping that it will be like a "real" Thursdays - everyone is welcome - a guaranteed good time - no one will drink and drive.

Please feel free to p/m me to ask any questions. directions, phone numbers etc. will be given out later.

Also feel free to email me at: [email protected]

Who knows, we might even have some "entertainment."

I don't think I have to tell anyone how excited I am to be attending!!! My holidays are already planned and depending on how expensive the hotel costs are, I may be down there for a week.

I want to be easily amused for a change

Mr Fish: my heart palpitates at the thought of meeting you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm going to try to make it out there. L.A. isn't too far from me, and I wouldn't mind making a trip out there this summer.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh wow! I might be able to make that! My fiance and I will be moving out to San Diego hopefully in June or early July. If it all works out, I'm sure we could make it to the BBQ. Ah, I really hope I can...it would be so much fun!!

Yay!!! You can count me in Gini!! You're the hostess with the mostess!! **hugs**
    It was so much fun last year and everyone had a blast talking and sharing pictures of their animals. Maybe I sould bring Priya along??!! LOL LOL I'll be there with bells on!

Anyone from up north is more than welcome to carpool with Aaron and I. Maybe Amberlee could make it this year and KAK has to come again! I'm looking forward to the bottle of Bailey's and Richard's drinks and salsa!! YUM! Is Mr. Fish ready?.....

Ooooh, I'm in L.A. I'll ask my parents about this, that is, if you don't mind a teenager going.

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    that is, if you don't mind a teenager going.
    THEY DONT! I so wish i could come, yet its just a bit far.. Just a bit further than the bat bush...........

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    Ooooh, I'm in L.A. I'll ask my parents about this, that is, if you don't mind a teenager going.
    Absolutely we don't mind - there will be all ages at the BBQ.

In fact, if you would like to bring your parents and they understand our passion for our animals = they are more than welcome to attend also. It is a BBQ - very informal!!

More later (I am working late tonight).

Ok Gini!
    I'll ask them late tonight, and we'll see.

Ok.. I've requested some time off in for this meeting, so we will see what happens. I've also requested time off for Utah, too, so I might have to pick between the two. We'll have to wait and see!

Gosh, this is the best incentive to get my back yard looking good in July.

Please know, everyone who can make it regardless of your age is more than welcome. (bring your Mom and Dad too).

There are some plans cooking for some sightseeing trips - the word DISNEYLAND was mentioned............a chance to see the REALLY BIG MOUSE!!

It will all fall into place nicely, I hope.

Can we bring our cones????? Gilbert really needs some socializing.
    Last edited by slick; 01-21-2004 at 12:45 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Cones? Hmmm, how old are they? I don't want to be arrested for corrupting underage cones.

Tentatively this looks good. I'm not sure about travel plans yet. I'll be in touch.

AmberLee
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I'd love to go again. It was so much fun last year. Since Karen has already offered, I'd probably carpool with her and Aaron again unless AmberLee wants to drive down too. At least we have plenty of time to plan for it this year.