Thread: Naughty dog!

Naughty dog!

By now you may know that I am trying very hard to come up with a plan for Gigi when I am at work. So I came up with the play pan idea... which works fine on day 1 and 2. Today is day 3, I woke up, took care of Gigi and put her in her play pan area and went to the bathroom to get ready. When I came out she was obviously trying to dig and the plastic drop cloth was all crunched up!!! I was pissed. But I controlled my anger and disappointed and just calmly fix everything and let her out of the play pan, then we play and just hang out. Then I put her back in the play pan and gave her her kong (filled with treats and some of those PB mousse stuff) and seems she like it this time and did not pay too much attention to me when I was leaving...probaby she did cry after she is done with the kong... anyway...
    What did I find when I came home???????????? I was greeted by a naughty doggie! She was supposed to be inside of her play pan!!! (The play pan is set against the wall... 3 sides of fence and the wall) She was digging the plastic and it got all crunched up (the pan is on the plastic), that's how it moved the pan and she escaped! Not only was I mad I was worried what if something happened? Instead of yelling at her I just calmly fixed the mess and feed her dinner. I think I am definitely getting better on my level of patience. Anyhoo, I found a new solution, instead of using those plastic drop cloth, I bought those chair mat for office chair, they are heavy duty, so I think this will work nicely. I really hope this will work...I am so exhausted. :P
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Re: Naughty dog!

Originally posted by jenfer
    Anyhoo, I found a new solution, instead of using those plastic drop cloth, I bought those chair mat for office chair, they are heavy duty, so I think this will work nicely. I really hope this will work...I am so exhausted. :P
    Very creative! I think that's a much better solution. The other plastic had me a bit worried about her eating it. I was afraid to say so, though. I know how much stress you're under and I didn't want to make it worse.

Do you speak to GiGi before you leave? If so, don't. It seems mean, but I can't even tell Millie goodbye. I stop speaking to and interacting with the kids about 10 - 15minutes before I leave. It's really helped Miss Millie with her separation anxiety.

Re: Re: Naughty dog!

Originally posted by micki76
    Very creative! I think that's a much better solution. The other plastic had me a bit worried about her eating it. I was afraid to say so, though. I know how much stress you're under and I didn't want to make it worse.
    Thanks Micki, someone else (not on PT) already told me the possibility of her shredding it and eating it or ger her head tangles in it and possibly sufficate. Though it's not shredded (yet). And yes, I was worried all the time when I was at work and wonder what will happen.

Originally posted by micki76
    Do you speak to GiGi before you leave?
    I used to, but I learned that we should help the doggie to remain calm around the time we are getting to leave. So I too do not play with Gigi before I leave. I just hang around, organize or what not, though I let her sit on my lap today.

There are so much things to learn, I am a bit overwhelmed.

And thanks again for your suggestion and worry about me. {{{HUGS}}}
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Oooh! I never thought of using those office mats! That's a good idea. One of the guys from my work uses a piece of scrap linoleum.

Re: Naughty dog!

The chair mat idea is a good one.
    I hope it works too.
    Poor thing you do sound exhusted.
    It's true what "micki76" posted,
    about ignoring the dogs when you leave the house.
    I notice if just say a simple goodby or nothing at all, the dogs
    don't seem to care that I am leaving for work.
    But they sure make a big deal when I get home.

----<---<--<{(@

Yes, I agree with just ignoring her 10-15 minutes before you leave, and she will learn leaving is not a big deal.

Jasper doesnt have any seperation anxiety, because my grandparents live upstairs--and he's usually up there when Im not home!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!