Thread: A baby picture of Lily in black & white... :)

A baby picture of Lily in black & white... :)

Last night, I have posted a baby picture of Lily at www.fotocommunity.de , a German website for photographers.

So far, people there seem to like my girl: Click here for the pic!

Thought I'd share.

Kirsten

Aaaawwww Lily, how cute!!!

Black and white photos are always so very experessive...I am really fond of them...

One of my favourite photos of Nellie is a black and white, too...I have framed it and it's in my living-room, though most people first think "What the heck...?"...and then they notice Nellie peeking behind the tree...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

LOL, yes, she's hidden very well in that picture - but I found her!

Kirsten

Ok, Kirsten, now I have to go get my German to English dictionary so I can figure out what everyone said! From the little I know, it looks like everyone things the pic is wonderful - as do I.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Ok, Kirsten, now I have to go get my German to English dictionary so I can figure out what everyone said! From the little I know, it looks like everyone things the pic is wonderful - as do I.
    Do you speak some German?
    Just curious!

Kirsten

EEEEK! I only remeber "ich bin, du bist" after taking 3 years of German in college.... it looks like you are calling her a typical tenager, but at the time of the photo she was 5 or 6 months (weeks?) old... then you said something about her not being in her birth house? About a friend? UGH! All I can say is that there's now no wonder why I was a C student!! Ha ha ha ha

Whatta silly liitle girlie you have there!

PS: how is you write english so fluently?

Originally posted by catnapper
    EEEEK! I only remeber "ich bin, du bist" after taking 3 years of German in college.... it looks like you are calling her a typical tenager, but at the time of the photo she was 5 or 6 months (weeks?) old... then you said something about her not being in her birth house? About a friend? UGH! All I can say is that there's now no wonder why I was a C student!! Ha ha ha ha

Whatta silly liitle girlie you have there!

PS: how is you write english so fluently?
    LOL, don't worry, I'm like this with French! Had it 5 years at school and cannot speak one sentence correctly!

I have always been better with English, guess that's because I always liked the language. Actually I have learned a lot from the internet during the last couple of years, when I started talking to people from the US, Canada or the UK.

But you're almost right! I said she's a teenager now (almost 8 months old), and by the time the photo was taken, she was 5 or 6 weeks old. Mentioned that at that point, she still lived in her birth house, with friends of mine.

Kirsten

the link didn't work for me
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

The picture is great. Wished I knew German so I could read what people are saying and some of the other stuff on the website. Very nice!

I love the pic of Nellie to. It took me a few to find her.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by Kirsten
    Do you speak some German?
    Just curious!

Kirsten
    Just a tiny, tiny, tiny bit. A couple of years ago when we were planning trips to Germany and Switzerland, I bought some tapes and listened to them on my way to and from work. I sorta got the basics down at that time, but since then I really haven't had a chance to use it, so I've lost quite a bit of what I knew - and I didn't know that much. I'm going to put this site in my favorites so I can practice a little. It's the old thing, if you don't use it you loose it, and I've got nobody around here to use it on.

I haven't kept up with the tapes because my new car doesn't have a tape deck. I'm thinking about having my brother put the tapes onto CD's for me so I can listen again. I know the basics will come back easy, it's the non-basics that've got me stumped.

Oh, and a quick funny story. I had listened to the tapes for about 2 months or so. I was feeling pretty smug and thought I had it all down pretty good. So I got online and got a German radio station on my computer. Well, after listening for 5 minutes and not recognizing one single word, I knew I had a long, long way to go yet.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Aww!!! How cute!! Both the pictures are adorable.

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!

I love this picture of Lily - she's so cute and funny

bisi.cat, that's a great picture I found Nellie, but it took me about three seconds.

Thanks!

Oh, and a quick funny story. I had listened to the tapes for about 2 months or so. I was feeling pretty smug and thought I had it all down pretty good. So I got online and got a German radio station on my computer. Well, after listening for 5 minutes and not recognizing one single word, I knew I had a long, long way to go yet.
    T&P's Mom, don't let this discourage you! The German pronunciation is very different from the English language, that's probably why you didn't understand much. But you'll get more practice from listening to your tapes, I'm sure!

Kirsten