Thread: should I be worrying?

should I be worrying?

Ive just moved maggies food dishes into my room. (My dog was eating her food). Just a couple minits ago, I went to fill her bowl up. Noticed that her water wasnt gone. Was the same since yesterday. I dont think I have ever seen maggie drink water from her own bowl. She usually drinks out of Katie's. What's worrying me is that I havent seen her drink water for a time now. I checked to see if she was dehydrated, I tried to lift her skin but its fine. its not loose. Should I be worrying? Or do you think she just drinks at night? when everything is quiete and dark? ehh, sorry I worry over the littlest things for Maggie!

Maybe she found a new water source? Sunny drinks from the other animals dishes somtimes. I have had my friends tell their kitties drink from the bathroom sometimes. I keep that door closed, so i don't know if sunny would or not.

She might have....I have cought her a few times drinking from the toilit(sp?)

Cats like to express their independence in strange ways.

Amber,

It doesn't sound like you have much to worry about. Since you tested her for dehydration and her scruff went back to normal, it sounds like she's getting her water source from somewhere else. Since you have caught her drinking out of the toilet, I would make sure it's flushed and clean and you don't use any "bleach tablets" in the tank. This could be toxic.

How about putting a water bowl in the bathroom??? Unless she starts showing signs of not eating or using the litterbox, I wouldn't worry too much!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Okay thankyou very much! Glad I dont need to worry

I wouldn't worry. As long as she is peeing OK there's no problem.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I just have a quick question, if you don't mind. To check for dehydration you pull at the skin a bit? I've never heard of this, could someone explain a bit?

I have never heard of the skin thing neither? What is it.. how do you do it? And about the cat, Tony wont drink water from his bowl anymore, and I was worryed until one night I woke up to hearing the water running, and the little buger learned how to push up on the faucet (sp?) and have water come out, so now I leave a little stream of cold water for him to drink from.

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!

sure, If you take a cat, pull on the skin, and the skin stays up all loose, the cat is dehydrated. If you pull on the skin and the skin goes down really fast then its not.

thank you, all my kittys fat goes right back down lol, so they get enough water!! Thanks for telling me about that

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!

your welcome!