Thread: Bald Spot On George!!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"

Bald Spot On George!!

George the mouse has a bare spot on his forehead and a small one on his back. What could this be? I've never had a mouse before. I don't know anything about him! He was a very cheap pet, but he's so sweet! I realize he won't live long and don't want to spend a lot, but I don't want him sick, either.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

umm. how do you know he wont live long . i had a mouse bfor he didnt live long about a year ... what kind of bedding is George on?
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

How much time do you spend with him? He could be bored and as a result barbering (overgrooming) himself. What kind of bedding is he on? Sometimes bedding such as pine and cedar can cause allergic reactions, plus it's not healthy to begin with. He could also have mites or lice. I would suggest taking him to the vet.

I have a house mouse named Fred, and he is pushing two years old. So they can live long if you take good care of them.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

two years still isn't long... long for a mouse, but not long...

Originally posted by sirrahved
    two years still isn't long... long for a mouse, but not long...

It doesn't matter how long they live. If I had an animal and it only lived 6 weeks I would show it the same care and compassion as any of my other animals. They all deserve the same respect, and the same treatment if something should happen to them. Please take him to the vet. He is relying on you to care for him. He didn't ask to be bred, sold to a petshop and have you buy him. You are responsible for his care and well being.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

George kept getting worse, so I called the vet. It took a lot of convincing my hubby, but we took him in. The vet was great!!!

They said they hardly ever get mice in. He didn't take him out before he made the diagnosis. He perscribed kitten revolution, using just a drop. He didn't even charge us, except for the bottle of medicine. We haven't paid for an office visit with them yet...

So, either this will work or nothing will, in the words of our vet. We'll see what happens...

So he has mites/lice then? That is what Revolution is prescribed for in small animals. As long as the dose is VERY minimal it's safe to use.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I am glad you took George to the vet.
    Your vet sounds very nice, and I hope the revolution
    will do the trick.

----<---<--<{(@