Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any of you "older ladies" dealing with menopause? I could use some advice!

Hey Richard I can assure you she didn't find it funny either, imagine one minute you are hot as hell the next freezing, hey think of the bright side here, whenever you were cold you had your very own instant hot water bottle, well thats what hubby tells me anyhow, it can have its advantages ya know.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Funny! Carole thats a good one!

Originally posted by carole
    Hey Richard I can assure you she didn't find it funny either, imagine one minute you are hot as hell the next freezing, hey think of the bright side here, whenever you were cold you had your very own instant hot water bottle, well thats what hubby tells me anyhow, it can have its advantages ya know.

....But how do you adjust the temperature?

The part that I remember was the sheet change...Poor baby would sweat so badly we'd have to change the sheets.....

Hey,

What the hell is going on here??

Poor Robilee asks for advice and here we are cutting up.......

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Hmm well yes Richard that is a tricky one, there is no temp control on these units unfortunately, I am sure Robilee won't mind a bit of humour added to this thread, and hey you know what PT is like any thread can take a turn for the worse or better .

It really is no fun at all for either partner I suppose, but it is a fact of life, we all have to go through, with a bit of medical help, or alternative help, support , love, understanding and humour we will all get through it hopefully.

I hope all this sweating us poor women do, can at least shed a few unwanted menopausal pounds, or at least some unwanted toxins out of the body,there has got to be an up side here don't you think. lol

At least Richard you had empathy for your GF and obviously supported her as best you could, and thats the best one can do.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole

At least Richard you had empathy for your GF and obviously supported her as best you could, and thats the best one can do.

Empathy my ear!

No one could make mushrooms in wine sauce like she
    could.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Hehehe, Theres our funny Richard!

Like I said you guys are great! Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

Well, I went to the doc today and spilled my guts and told him all the details. I felt like a complete idiot and was pratically in tears. He is a super doctor though and very easy to talk too. He hugged me twice and said we would get this all worked out. He still thinks my main trigger is the depression mixed in with the menopause. He and my husband both think that I have been through so much and handled it all so well and that now that it is all over with I have a lot of pent up anger and resentment and along with the menopause I have sunk into a major depression. Blah, Blah, Blah. He has switched me to a different med called Lexapro we will give it a try for 4 weeks and then I go back to see how things are going. Oh, I had to have bloodwork done also. Keeping my fingers crossed that it come out alright too. All medical tests make me very nervous now. The doc gave me 8 weeks of pills for free. Love that. When I got home hubby asked if I could start by taking a whole box today..Hahaha...isn't he funny! Everyone has been talking about the hot flashes. Whew, they sure are something aren't they?! I've actually been dealing with them pretty well. You are right though it feels like you are burning from the inside out. I haven't had any night sweats though. I hear those can be the worse. The last hot flash I had I kept opening up the backdoor so I could try to cool down and someone would keep closing it. I would get mad and open it up again. After doing this several times I finally screamed at the family that they would just have to bundle up cause I couldn't take it anymore so I went to open the backdoor again and hubby shoved me right out and shut the door behind me...lol...I didn't mind I just sat right down on the steps and tried to cool off a bit. Ahhh, the things us women go through! I was scared about bringing this topic up but I sure am glad I did. It seems like we all need to talk about it and the humor was much needed. Thanks for helping me out folks!!

Hugs...Robin

Thanks for updating us. I hope it helps you. It is a hard thing you've been going through. Thank goodness for our funny husbands! I think I have mine worried about male menopause!

We love you and you can talk to us, anytime. We are all family now! We are the Pet Talker family.

Originally posted by RobiLee
    [B] I was scared about bringing this topic up but I sure am glad I did. It seems like we all need to talk about it and the humor was much needed. Thanks for helping me out folks!!

Hugs...Robin

Are you allowed back in the house now???
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    Are you allowed back in the house now???
    Oh Yes, I am allowed in the house for now...but only until the next episode and then he says its back outside again! Trust me I will win this battle though. I will be kicking them all out and be sitting in my house with my air conditioning on even if it is 28 degrees outside and I will be enjoying the peace and quiet!!! Do you think the family will go for that?!

Oops, I forgot. Katie can stay with me! She likes the cold too and she never back talks! Love that pup of mine!

Robin, believe me you just give them the eye of the menopausal woman and they will run not walk to the nearest exit! You will win the battle, like I said before EVERYBODY at my house and beyond it knew to stay out of my way, and my son-in-law even knew, but he would tell me it was time for my bitch shot!

I hope that Lexapro helps you, I am on it now too. I have been on it for about a month and I do feel a little better. I am also taking a one for anxiety too, so both together are doing me really well.

But you know it is nice to get an understanding guy in here that is not afraid to voice his opinion, and understand. I don't understand why that man hasn't been snapped up yet, understanding + a good sense of humor is so great. Its a wonder some of these unmarried women don't just snap him up. LOL.

Robin I am really happy to see that you at least feel like you can see the light at the end of the long dark tunnel, that helps a lot.
    I think this was a good thread, and probably helped a lot of us women to see that we are not all suffering alone and so we can joke about it. I love this and I gave it 5 stars *****, Thanks Robin, you are the greatest you and Katie! And may we all continue to support each other like this. At least give each other a laugh, a smile, a hug or just big huge pat on the back!!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Or being next to her when she was going thru her
    'radiant heat' phases
    Ahem!! They're called "Power Surges" or "PHS" (Personal Heating Systems) thank you very much!!!

RobiLee,

I will be kicking them all out and be sitting in my house with my air conditioning on even if it is 28 degrees outside and I will be enjoying the peace and quiet!!! Do you think the family will go for that?!
    That's my girl!!! Who CARES if they'll go for it??? Stay cool chick!!

I've gone from wearing PJ's (and waking up in the middle of the night with "night sweats") to gotchees (underwear) and a tank top!!! Works wonders, along with a cool mist humidifier. Only problem is poor MooShoo, my little 4 legged hot water bottle gets kicked out of the bed. He'll live!
    Last edited by moosmom; 01-07-2004 at 09:20 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    [IMG]Or being next to her when she was going thru her
    "radiant heat" phases[/IMG]

Ahem!! They're called "Power Surges" or "PHS" (Personal Heating Systems) thank you very much!!!

What do I know????

I'm a guy.......
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

......so I went to open the backdoor again and hubby shoved me right out and shut the door behind me...lol...
    dear robin, when i was a smart a$$ teen, i laughed at my mom, sitting on the back porch eating ice cream in her nightgown, in january. i'm really lucky she let me live. good luck with the antidepressant, some days i think prozac should be in the public water supply.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.