Thread: A new pamphlet for my rescue group

A new pamphlet for my rescue group

EDIT: PayItForward and I worked on a rewrite

Why adopt from a no-kill shelter

A no-kill shelter safely houses all cats for as long as is needed to find its perfect new home.
    Because we know that for every pet there is someone who will find him or her to be the perfect companion. Sometimes all that is needed is the time for them to find each other.

No-kill shelters often use foster homes to house their cats and kittens.
    Foster homes know their foster pets much better than any employee of a pet store or even the local SPCA. Our foster cats are family members, not just numbers. Each foster parent can tell the adoptive parent something about each cat, their likes and dislikes, their temperament and their quirks.

Every dollar collected goes directly to the needs of our cats
    As No-kill shelters do not work for a profit, every single dollar collected as a donation or as an adoption fee is used to directly benefit the animals currently listed with the shelter as well as those still needing and awaiting rescue.

Lack of funds does not equal lack of care
    Sadly donations received do not always meet the expenses created by our cats’ needs, but our dedicated volunteers ensure that each cat is respectfully cared for with all life’s necessities as well as love and proper medical care. Our unpaid volunteers sacrifice their time and money to meet any shortfall, to ensure that every cat receives the care they need.

All cats are properly vetted
    Unlike pet store purchases or your local SPCA all our cats are properly tested, wormed, inoculated, flea treated and neutered according to their respective ages. After adding in the cost of all these procedures you will find that our adoption fees are quite reasonable.

Each home is properly screened
    We conduct a home visit to learn about your family so each of our cats can be placed according to his or her needs. We know that our potential adopters would not wish to find out later that the pet they fell in love with did not work within their life style.

Our volunteers share a love of cats and work towards a time when every cat is wanted and loved.

By adopting a cat from a No-Kill shelter, you will have found a loving companion for life and will help free up a much needed space in our shelter or a foster home. By providing any donation you will have helped to fund the rescue of another needy cat
    Last edited by jenluckenbach; 01-02-2004 at 05:01 AM.

Sounds good Jen. All three of ours came from no-kill shelters and I really appreciated the personal information on each of our adopted pets. I have sent in pictures of the twins from time to time and though I have not had a reply, I am sure she enjoyed the pictures. ( a busy vet) I have e-mail contact with the director of Dylan's shelter - he was never fostered since he was not there very long, but he quickly became a favorite with the staff and they had his history. She has written to check on him several times

Sounds great! Do you want to mention that your rescue strives to find perfect matches and even performs in-home visits to ensure the match is ideal for both the animal and family involved? I thought this was a wonderful aspect of your rescue that showed compassion above and beyond what any pet store would do! But, as always, some people might question the neccessity of home visits... just a thought.

Either way, its thoughtful and nicely written and I think it will help a lot!

Excellent!!! You do a wonderful job!!!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Originally posted by K & L
    Excellent!!! You do a wonderful job!!!
    Ditto, I totally agree.

Well done, Jen!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

I like it.

You and PIF did a great job.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Nicely done!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!