Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I think I found my dog....

I say good luck, every dog deserves a chance, she may be unsocilised, neglected or anything its worth a shot, she may turn out to be a great dog, if not you can try and find her the best home possible, at least you would have tryed.
    The breed may have a bad name but she may not follow the breed caractoristics, since she's mix breed.
    Good luck and we want pictures,lol
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

You all have brought up good points. I am going to give it time. After we meet her today, I'll give it another few days.

Another thing that I want to try and do is have a vet check her out. She seems to darn big for those little legs. I wonder if she'll wind up having problems (if she doesn't already).

Originally posted by Tonya

Luckies...the Chi is ancient. I believe it was a female though. My guess is that she was at least 12. Would you still want her? I'm going there at 4 today.

OMG she is old!!!! I LOST my chi Pooka! In Anaheim. I know it is a ways away but my god do you think it could be her???????

My chi was a deer chihuahua, she is a female spayed already (you can feel stitches under the skin), she knows how to sit pretty, and she looked just like the Taco Bell dog. Her name was Pooka. Can you call that name to her? see if she responds? She was stolen from my yard about 6 years ago, and she was an old girl. She has arthritus in her front and back paws, and has a scar (bald spot with skin missing) on her shoulder. She also has kinks in her tail. Does she have a funny tail?

She would be VERY old now is she were alive, around 12-15. Can you take a picture of her for me???

I still have to ask Dan, but if this is MY dog, she is coming here no matter what. I have been looking for Pooka for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Also I do not mind a senior dog at all! Do you want me to give you my phone number?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

That would be such a miracle if it turned out to be your dog, Cass. That would be so great; I really hope it's her.
    I've been BOO'd!

Yes! I asked my mexican friend to come over right now so that he can translate for me....He just informed me he doesn't speak Spanish. lol. I'm on the phone right now trying to get another Spanish speaking friend over.

You are so awesome for wanting to take a senior dog! This makes me happy. I'll get pics for sure and talk to the guy!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    That would be such a miracle if it turned out to be your dog, Cass. That would be so great; I really hope it's her.
    You never know! That'd be so awesome.

Oh, luckies...Anaheim is only 4 hours in good traffic. We could always meet halfway or something.

I am crying just thinking of this. That would truly be a miracle if it's her!!!

How far is Whittier from Modesto? That is where my family now lives, although when she was stolen we were living in Anaheim on the border of Cypress by Cypress college on Knott and Orange. I COMBED the Orange Animal Control for months looking for her. In fact my best friend still hands out posters about her being lost. She was stolen right from my yard during the time the Taco Bell commercials became popular. Then two days later, my neighbors purebred chi was also stolen. They just walked right into their backyard and stole her. He was a present for Valentines or their anniversary or something, this man gave the dog to his wife.

For so long I have cried over her, she was so special to me. She was deathly afraid of skateboards as she was abused when I got her. I adopted her from the Orange County Animal Regulation. She was so bonded to me. Oh and she HATES her nails cut lol. She likes to hang her tongue out too lol.

A couple days before her dissapearance a hispanic man was walking down the street and offered me 200 dollars to buy her. I told him no, got angry and walked away. Then she went missing and I am certain it was that man who took her. I think he wanted her for breeding. I will PM you my phone number.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

my last post was deleted ..

so i will write it again ..

I really hope that you know, Tonya, that you are a great person, you love animals alot, and you are a great person for getting this pit in need ... *pat on back*..dont let anyone get you down about it.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Thank you!

your very VERY welcome

Tonya,

Keep us posted.
    Best of luck!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Well, I'm back. No doggie. The good news is that we did find a home for two of them though.

Mike took one look at Uma and said no way. He thinks that she is crippled the way her feet are. He said he didn't want to knowingly take an animal that isn't healthy. The tears were totally welling up at the guys house. I was so disappointed. I knew I could have gotten my way, but I really don't want to bring a dog into my home that isn't 100% welcome.

Once the guy realized we were not going to buy Uma, he offered her to us for free. Our friend, David who was translating for us took Uma and Jorge (the chi) home. Sorry, Luckies but the chi was a male. I appologize for getting your hopes up.

BTW, I did get pics, but they're on a disposable. I'll get the pics back on Monday.

Originally posted by Tonya
    Well, I'm back. No doggie. The good news is that we did find a home for two of them though.

Mike took one look at Uma and said no way. He thinks that she is crippled the way her feet are. He said he didn't want to knowingly take an animal that isn't healthy. The tears were totally welling up at the guys house. I was so disappointed. I knew I could have gotten my way, but I really don't want to bring a dog into my home that isn't 100% welcome.

Once the guy realized we were not going to buy Uma, he offered her to us for free. Our friend, David who was translating for us took Uma and Jorge (the chi) home. Sorry, Luckies but the chi was a male. I appologize for getting your hopes up.
    omg . iam so sorry you didnt end up getting Uma.