Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid friends...

Stupid friends...

Don't you just hate it when people make fun of you for showing affection for your dog? Why is that so wrong?
    I got a new sweatshirt for my birthday. Pics included at the end. It says I LOVE MY COLLIE on the front and ALOT on the back.
    When I went out with my friends on Friday, I wore it (because I wear it EVERYWHERE I love it so much) and I got made fun of... Okay? Suddenly it's not cool to love your dogs?

To top it all off, they made fun of OZZY! They said he was ugly! I got pissed, and left early after yelling at them. Who here thinks Ozzy is ugly? Um..nobody, I'm sure. (not in a bragging sense)

Also, they said I was obsessed with my dogs. No..I just love them. Having a dog breed sweatshirt is obsessing over your dog? Stupid 'friends'. Ugh.

Dogs really are true friends. They don't care about what you wear or look like...sometimes I wish it was only me, Ozzy, Darlin and Pet Talk in this world.
    Okay, pics! This sweatshirt is so awesome. (By the way I'm wearing it right now. )
    Front:

Back:

Some people just don't understand I hate it when friends do that, especially if they don't have pets and they make fun of you for being obsessed with your pets. they don't understand what its like to have a dog or a cat, they're probably just jealous.

and I love that sweatshirt

forgot to add: Ozzy is NOT ugly! I know how that feels, since I have a Persian, some people say Persians are ugly because of their flat faces, and it makes them look "weird"
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

*gasp* Ozzy ugly??

Ok, your "friends" who said that need an eye exam. I'd tell them they could learn a lot from Ozzy on how to be good friends.

I'm sure you know everyone here will back you up on this one!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

OHHHHH, do that make that shirt for siberians? I'd love one!!

and Ozzy is adorable!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I want one of those!! Where did you get it?
    Aw...just forget about them. Ozzy's gorgeous and we all know it. They're just jealous. I had someone say that about my folder (covered in Molly and Daisy pictures) that they were ugly, not important, etc...I just said "Well, they look alot better than you!". A lot of my friends don't know a Golden Retriever from a Poodle.

I agree. We saw Peter Pan together yesterday, and you know the St. Bernard they have in the movie? Well they leave her out in the snow one night, and show her barking and whining. I was saying how mean it is to leave a dog in the nosw, and stuff. My friend just said 'Gosh, Cj, save it for your own family. You're too obsessed with dogs, god..'

I was like...okay? They just don't understand. You're right.
    Thanks!

Whoa, that's alot of replies.
    Thanks for your support guys. Means alot to me. *hugs to all* Ozzy says thank you.

Haha Julie! They look better than you. Haha, I have to use that sometime!

I got the sweatshirt from CafePress. I made it. This is my Collie Holic store! =) Click

Ahhhh....I must get one of those! I want the hoodie.

Lol, yeah and it works everytime.

Originally posted by Foam
    I agree. We saw Peter Pan together yesterday, and you know the St. Bernard they have in the movie? Well they leave her out in the snow one night, and show her barking and whining.
    Poor Nana

CJ your friends make me laugh. Ozzy, ugly? Please

That sweatshirt is great and if you're friends can't understand or accept your love for animals or even for your own dog...well, there's a problem. Can't you tell your friends that that gets you upset? My best friend hates dogs but she likes Mickey and she doesn't mind me talking about him. Even if they don't like dogs, they need to respect YOU.

You're right though, dogs are true friends. They don't care if you are male or female, black or white, Jewish or Muslim, gay or straight, handicapped or not...they don't care. Ahh you gotta love em.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Thanks, primabella...that really means a lot. I totally get what you're saying about respect but..neh. They just don't care.

Don't worry about it, your friends are idiots.

First off, Ozzy is gorgeous...and secondly, I LOVE the hoodie! I think I just might need to get one!

Hey Brooke, if we both get the hoodie....we'd be even cooler!
    There I go again with a mindless post...

Aw what stupid remarks. Ozzy is GORGEOUS! Don't let them tell you otherwise.

All of my closest friends know I love my dogs more than anything and don't mind me talking about them all day. Once, I was at a coffee shop with a "friend" and we were looking through a dog book. All the pictures were drawings (and not very good I might add). So I said, "that's a weird looking sheltie" because well, the drawing didn't even look close to a sheltie. So she replied back by saying "Well, Kai's even uglier." I nearly lost it. But anyways, don't let them get to you. Just ignore all the ugly comments.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

They don't sound like friends to me. My good friends pick on me a little about how much I spoil my babies, but they'd never go so far as to hurt my feelings or insult me or the furry ones.

I love the sweatshirt and Ozzy is BEAUTIFUL!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Don't pay any attention to them. Dogs (and animals in general) are the best, you know it, I know it, and everyone here on Pet Talk knows it, and that's all that matters Ozzy is absolutly gorgeous, you love him, and we all do to.

Your sweatshirt is awesome! I love it!
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!