Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Rings: Is anyone else...

Lord of the Rings: Is anyone else...

...sad that it's over now? Guess Christmas will never be the same again without a new LotR-movie in the theatres!

Last night, I saw the "Return of the King" for the third time, and it was definitely the last time, because the English version will be cancelled here and I don't want to the see the German version. So it was like saying good bye to all the characters I have learned to love so much during the past two years.

Now I have to wait for the dvd-release, but that is still so far away. I have also ordered the soundtrack, and I hope it will be delivered today.

But at the moment, I'm almost feeling a bit lost here...

"...here, at the end of all things." (Frodo Baggins, who almost broke my heart in the third movie)

Kirsten

"Here"...raises hand all teary eyed...

I can't believe it either...Christmas will never be the same again!!!
    But what a grand final it was...I really loved each of the movies, because they captured the emotions of the books so much and I still can't decide which was my favourite book/movie of the three...
    I am looking forward to the DVD release (especially the extended version) and WOW next year Christmas we celebrate the Lord of the Rings again by watching all in a row at home...

I do hope that Peter Jackson will surprise us with the "Hobbit" soon!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

Yes, it was awesome. Even though I have already seen it three times I was still stunned. I even loved the battles, which I usually don't like in movies.

In the first two movies, Aragorn has always been my favorite character, but this time, I've been very much impressed by Pippin. When he sang for Denethor, it made shivers running down my spine. I also love Frodo very much in third one, and Sam, of course! Sam is such a heartwarming character and he always makes me cry.

I'm also not sure about my faves. I think of the books, it's the "fellowship" I like best, but I'm just reading them again, now that I've seen all the movies.
    Of the movies, I thought "FotR" would be my fave also, but after I've seen this one, I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm already looking forward to the extended version and can't wait to see them all in a row!

Kirsten

I want to watch the Return of the King~~~
    I love dogs

Me! When I took my mom to see it I was crying again at the end she leaned over and said, "Are you sad that this is actually the end and there are no more movies?"

Yes.. yes I am.

Seeing ROTK for the first time in Toronto with all the other fans.... it is a movie experience that I'll never have again.

*crossing fingers that they can do 'The Hobbit'*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm sad too. It HAS become a part of my family's Christmas tradition.

Great flicks!

I guess like everyone else, BUYING them on DVD for eachother will be the new tradition. That, and waiting for HP movies.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Yes! It's sad this is the end Or as Conan O'Brian said, maybe something will happen and they're be another one like 'Dude, wheres my ring?' lol Anyway, our family has gone to see it on x-mas for the last 2 years..so It will be sad next

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I never saw a single Lord of the Rings movie...I honestly don't see the appeal, that just isn't my kind of movie.

it is sad that this is the last one but i think it was the best one its also sad that there will be no more LEGOLAS *sigh* thats my man it made me cry at the end but i was kinda expecting that cause i read the book
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

I saw it, it was good but very sad . I know it's just computer animated when the horses die but that made me cry so bad that my friend had to tell me when the parts were over. Merry and Pippen were really funny in that movie. It's to bad that ROTK was the last movie because the movies were REALLY good.

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

Pick up the Silmarrilion.

It's a 'history' of Middle Earth-way before the LOTR...

That would be a great project for another movie.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Awww, you guys it's ok. I am a weiner and I already know what happens in the adventures 1-3. 1-7 I believe. I have read the book that has 1-3. The " Return of the King" is really good. I am sure that the movie is good too. I was just a lot more entertained with the book.

Ok guys I had a chat with Peter the other day (I am just kidding) I wish, hey I am sure they will make the hobbit, be silly not to, but it could be quite some time away, you know the farm where it was filmed are charging 50 dollars for a tour, I think that is somewhat outrageous, its only like 15 mins away from me, but I am not going to pay that much, I guess I am not a real fan, but don't you all think thats a bit over the top.?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

NO MORE LEGOLAS!!! NOW WHO WILL I MARRY?????

OH YEAH! AND NO ORE ARAGORN EITHER!! I CAN'T MARRY HIM NOW EITHER!