Thread: Christmas Treat?

Christmas Treat?

My mom always bakes up a storm around Christmas time (well, she bakes almost every week anyways) but she's almost baking or making something everyday in december/november. We give big trays of cookies to our neighbors/relatives as gifts since we can't afford to buy something for EVERYONE.

So far we've baked tons of sugar cookies, chocolate & peanut butter fudge, chocolate cookies with white choco chips, chocolate truffles rolled in peanuts, sprinkles, and sugar, and tons, tons more. My mom is like the baking queen. We'd be millionaires if she ever decided to open up a baking factory. We just store everything in the freezers so it keeps fresh.

Have you guys made/started on your Christmas treats?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

My mom is going to sometime..She's so busy with work. No idea what she'll be making, probably cookies and stuff We also make this Chocolate Marshmellow Squares. Yum

(I'm -still- waiting for my baked goods to come in Kay, I'm disappointed!)

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I'm going to be making cookies for 3 different vet clinics, 2 shelters, my bf's family, and a few of my friends. That is my plan anyway. There is a very good chance I'll burn all the batches and just give cards instead
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Yes, i have made chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips, chocolate covered pretzels, russian tea cakes, spritz cookies, and pinwheels (chocolate and vanilla swirl)...and i am going to my sister in laws on Monday and will be baking more cookies and cranberry, banana nut bread

I'm not much of a baker, but I guess if I tried, I could be!!! We did make Haystacks (butterscotch, peanuts and Chow Mein noodles) this week, and Scott, Helen and I proceeded to eat every single one!!!!

I am not much of a baker anymore, I let my oldest daughter take over that part, lol, she just bakes and cooks all the time, cookies, pies, cakes, and finally taking up making jellies. Doing all the things I used to do, my younger daugter, and get this she is 18 cannot cook nothing but romen or ramen noodles??? I feel sorry for her hubby when she gets married, LOL, noodles for the rest of his life.

Anyway I just don't do much baking anymore. I just make the pumpkin pies, and the dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas. My son-in-law loves the pumpkin pies, one year he wanted me to make him a pie, so I made one and forgot the sugar, it tasted very salty. LOL. Now they joke about that all the time, so this year I told him I put the sugar in but forgot and put cayenne pepper in, instead of cinnamon.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!