Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moses

Moses

I would like to introduce you to Moses. A high white cameo, Maine Coon. He is 4 yrs old and is a Premier (Champion Alter). Next year I will try to get him a granded. I believe he can do it. His mother was a silver patched female and his father was a silver. I also have his sister who is a high white patched tabbie. They are both very sweet cats. Moses is my male cat sole mate. He is very lovable gives kisses, puts his paws around my neck and nuzzles me in the face. When I was sick and out of work for 3 weeks he stayed beside me for most of the time. He is Uncle Moe to the kittens that are born here and shows them how to drink out of the sink and tub. He sleeps with the kittens when they are allowed to run the house and helps with wash duty. He is very protective of them and watches what they get into. Here he is with one kitten from a past litter.

Stella
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Stella. Moses is incredible! I'm so glad you posted his picture. I'm the one who PM'd you about Pete. I will post his pictures and you can give me your opinion. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me!
    Here's Crazy Feet Pete

What do you think will happen if he grows into those whiskers! I may have to move into a bigger house!!

This is Pete watching birds on tv. You can get a better idea of his coloring on his back.

His markings and coloration just remind me so much of Moses!
    Last edited by catcrazylady; 12-17-2003 at 10:44 AM.

Here is one more of the window trio! Peanut Butter is the orangie in the middle. He is three years old and about 18 pounds. You can see Pete is almost as big at 13 months. Of course he doesn't have that weight yet but I have a feeling he will.
    I love this picture!!
    My window Trio

The little gray tabby on the end is Pete's brother. He looks big in the picture but he is no where near the size of these other two!

welcome to Pettalk RP! Moses is just stunning.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Catcrazylady,
    He could be Moses's twin brother. What a beautiful cat. He has a great looling coat. I really like him and his markings. But I have to tell you Pete looks better than Moses. Such a sweet face Pete has. His brother looks like a silver is he. I would think the mom had to be a silver patched tabby with white.
    Here is another of Moses

Thank you so much for the compliment RPCathouse. I don't think he looks better than Moses!! Moses is BEAUTIFUL too! I never knew about the cameo coloration until I saw Moses and started investigating Maine Coons. I think that they are beautiful! I think I could have a house full of cameo's!!
    Pete's mother is a wild tortie. Seven of my nine cats belong to her. She likes to bring me her kittens when it is time for them to start eating and then she just leaves them and we get the job of trying to trick and trap them to get them in. I'll post pictures of the rest of them for you to see. Peanut Butter, Stubby, and Lucky are all from the same litter.
    This is Peanut Butter

Stubby

Lucky

Next came Maggie Sue. She is the only one to survive from a litter of five. She is the spitting image of the mother. You can't tell them apart when they are together.

Then came the last three. This is Pete's brother and sister from the same litter.
    Pepper Jack

Pete's sister Pervy (short for nervous Pervis)

She gives us lots of variety in kitties!! Now you can see why Pete was such a surprise.
    What is the difference between a patch cameo and tabby cameo? Is this cameo coloration only on Maine Coons? I have just never seen markings like Pete's and Moses. As you can tell I really think it is beautiful!! Thank you so much for any information and I really do appreciate the compliment. Too bad Pete is so afraid of strangers because I would like to able to take him out and show him off! I guess I'll just have to settle for pictures on PT!!

You are my kind of lady a cat lady. I hate to tell you but the mom is a patched tabby. The reason I can tell is the smoke rings around her eyes. It looks like a light eyeshadow around them. A tortie doesn't have them. Look at any tabby and you will see the same ring around the eyes. A tortie is a solid black with red with or without white. But no ring around the eyes. The picture is of Mudge a silver tabby do you see the light color around her eyes, and Smokey Jo a black smoke with white. No light coloring around the eyes. It took me awhile to learn the difference between the two.

Stella

Picture of Smokey Jo and her mom Mudge

Well I'll be darn!! A patch tabby huh? I never knew that before. When I went back at looked at my cats pictures I noticed that almost all of them have that light ring around their eyes. I knew you would be a fountain of information! Thank you very much!
    I have learned that Maine Coons come in a huge variety of beautiful colors. I'm guessing that my boogers have a lot of Maine Coon in them along with no telling what else! It doesn't really matter though because I love my mutts!
    Would Pete's father have to have been a cameo since the mom is a tabby or is this just a gene that can pop up at any time? I know that I have looked at lots of websites and I haven't seen very many with the cameo coloration. If I'm asking too many questions just tell me to shut up! You had asked if Pete's brother Pepper Jack was a silver and my answer is "I don't know"! I thought he was just a plain old tabby cat!! See that's why I started bugging you! I may have to start studying up on some of this because I find it very interesting.
    Maybe after the holidays settle down you can post some more pictures of that incredibly gorgeous Moses and I'll post some more of Pete. I really am becoming a cameo nut!!! But I will always be mom to a bunch of mutts!!
    Thank you again for the info. I'm going searching again today for more patched tabby and cameo information.

Dad could have been a red, brown, or silver. What you see on the Mom is what you will get. If the mom shows red or cameo then you will get those colors. The Dad could be brown, and you still will get cameo if the mom has it. There is more details to it and I am learning all the time. Keep asking
    Stella

Thanks Stella for all your help. It is quit confusing when you get into it!!
    Do you have any kittens yet? I know from your previous posts that it should be soon! How exciting...new babies!! Be sure to let us know and post pictures when you can.
    I went to your website and you have some BEAUTIFUL cats!!
    Give extra hugs to Moses from me and thank you again for all your info.!!

Yes it is confusing, I am still trying to figure it all out. With each litter here I find out something new. Like the first born is usually the smallest. The last one is usually the largest. At least here. I gave Moses a big hug for you. He is a lover. So we hugged for a long time. You give Pete one for me. No kittens yet, should be soon. I had to breed Penny to Desi again, the first breeding didn't take. Such is life. Penny is Moses's sister. She will give me cameos, reds, silvers, Patches, and browns with or with out white. Here is a picture of Ch. Stacalone's Penny Lane of R. P.
    Cathouse. Here she has her litter and she took her daughters kittens to baby sit for awhile.

Stella

Penny is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! She must be a wonderful mama to babysit all the precious furballs!!
    I will give Pete as much of a hug as he will allow. He is so busy getting into Christmas stuff these days!!

Keep us posted on the upcoming babies! Post as many pictures as you can of your beautiful cats! I love seeing them and I'm sure many others do to!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    OOH! MC kittens! I counted 6 or 7? SO CUTE! My Mishi has that "smoke ring" around his eyes - my beautiful, big red MC.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

How many cats are in that litter?? What tiny cute babies.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Everyones cats are gorgeous. I love Maine Coons. I think that my Storm is a Maine Coon mix. What do you think?

As you can see, I love showing off my handsome Storm.