Thread: Welcome Founder...

Welcome Founder...

As some of you might remember, my husband is president of our local humane society. This afternoon, he had to be at the shelter to accept a donation from some school kids. A couple hours later he comes home and I am in the dog run scooping poop (a never ending job around here!) He casually walks to the gate and says--"which pen do you want this dog in?"

This is Founder! He's been in the shelter for months and months. I've always loved this dog and have spent lots of time with him, but he seemed to be doing alright in the shelter so he never came here. We generally take the ones who aren't handling the confinement well. In the last two weeks or so, Founder has become depressed and lethargic. The shelter administrator told hubs that Founder seemed to be going a little "kennel crazy" and pointed out that we have all his buddies anyway--Chase, Pacer, Chum....So he's here as a foster. I think Chum will be going to his new home next week so there would have been an open foster spot anyway.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Re: Welcome Founder...

He is very nice looking.
    What a great change for Founder, to be in
    a real home environment.
    I hope he finds a permanent home soon, but until
    than he has one with you.

----<---<--<{(@

What a handsome boy! Those pups sure are lucky to have people like you and your husband. I really really want to do more for homeless dogs, it's one of my lifelong dreams. Hopefully when my David and I get our student loans paid off (a HUGE chunk of cash), I will be able to do more.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

And this would be number ????? .....

"We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Welcome Founder. He's a beauty!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Founder is a beautiful dog! Hope you get to take more pictures of him. Does he have blue eyes?

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    And this would be number ????? .....

Sigh, 18! Four fosters, but I think one is moving on over the holidays. I hope he is, paws crossed that Chum is moving is moving down the road--literally and figuratively next week.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Originally posted by amoore
    Founder is a beautiful dog! Hope you get to take more pictures of him. Does he have blue eyes?

Nope, his eyes are dark brown. I have some pics of him on my camera. I'll try to up load them tonight.
    --John Irving

Welcome home, sweet, sweet Founder! What a lucky pup you are to have been blessed with such caring humans to help you find your way to your forever family! You couldn't be in better hands! I'm sure you and Chum and Chase and Pacer and the whole pack will be enjoying a very happy holiday this year!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~