Thread: my turtle

Hybrid View

my turtle

My turtle is very strange. He had an ear infection! I have never heard about turtles having ear infections. Tell me if you have heard of this strange accurance.

That's not a reason to say he's strange! What caused the infection? Did you find out?

Poor Turtle.
    How can you tell if they have an ear infection? I have frogs, I wonder if they get anything like that?

I have never heard of that, but it makes sense.

Turtles are very prone to eye infections, cause by a vitamin A deficency, as well.

What kind of turtle do you have?

What kind of frogs do you have, amoore?

We have barking tree frogs.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

We had drought here and the ponds dried, so frogs came to our yard, where I was watering. My cats started catching them.

The frogs were so cute. I would rescue every one of them that I could.
    I kept 7 of them and released 40 into a lake.
    I'm not really sure what kind they are. I just call them Bullfrogs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

OMG, that is an adorable frog!!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Do you have pictures of your turtle? I would like to see him.

Sipoweitz is the biggest pet of all the frogs I keep. He comes out of hiding when I enter the greenhouse.

I feed the frogs grasshoppers from the yard (except in winter). They live in my greenhouse, and keep it insect free.

Twisterdog, maybe you could send me one of your treefrogs. I have been wanting one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by amoore; 12-14-2003 at 08:30 AM.

Twisterdog, maybe you could send me one of your treefrogs. I have been wanting one.
    Well, we only have one, so I think my son might miss him if I mailed him off to you.

But, I'm sure he would be very happy to live in a greenhouse!

Thank you, Twisterdog. It's the thought that counts.

I would not take your son's only frog.

Your son sounds like he would make me a good buddy,we both like frogs!
    Last edited by amoore; 12-14-2003 at 08:31 AM.

He's a cute little brownish green frog. If I had a digital camera, I'd take a picture of him, but I don't.

His name is Hippity.

We had two, but the other one, Hoppity, died suddenly.

http://centralpets.com/pages/critter.../FRG2496.shtml

Thanks for the link, Twister!

Sorry your Hoppity left you. Does Hippity have a green throat like the centralpet picture?

Actually, they seem to kind of change colors, like chameleons. Maybe based on temperature or humidty? Sometimes he is bright green with brown spots, sometimes he is tan with brown spots, sometimes almost solid green.

Twisterdog, Hippity sounds so pretty! I wish you could post a picture of him.