Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet nurses/comforters, not my two!!

Pet nurses/comforters, not my two!!

I`ve not been feeling too good for a few days now, so, on waking and still feeling awful, I thought I would not even dress or anything, just try and sleep and rest the day away.

I fed Ebbs, cleaned out the litter tray, let Bob out and gave him some breakfast (plus most of mine actually, I couldn`t face it). Bob went in his crate and I latched it up because Ebbs would be down, which she was soon after, and she sat looking out the window.

Decided not to go back to bed but brought a pillow down and set up my (small) sofa to sleep on. As soon as I lay down Ebbs disappeared upstairs (on to my bed I discovered later) not to be seen all day. And Bob, well, he was shut in his crate. Later I went for a glass of water and, feeling sorry that I`d left him so long, opened it up. What did he do? When I lay down again he proceeded to harass me, dropping toys on me, pawing at me and licking my toes. He just didn`t get it that I just wanted to be left alone and sleep. I had to use a really stern voice and, yes, some choice swear words, before he got the idea ...... then of course I felt guilty.

So, unlike a lot of PT pets - Anna`s Marigold and Malone come to mind - not only are my two not a comfort, I don`t think they even notice!

Oh, well, I love them anyway.

I've got 9 foster pet comforters that you can take your pick at!! 3 of them are little mini versions of Ebby even.

I've been really stressed and upset and sick lately and my kittens are helping me so much. When I lay in bed, they all position themselves on various parts of my body and start their little purring engines. Just being covered in cat purrs will do wonders to help you feel better!

My crazy puppies would cover you in kisses, but they can get a bit ... over-excited (to put it mildly)

My own animals also comfort me when I need it .. although I'd still love them even if they didn't.

I'm sure Bob and Ebby were offering their comfort in their own way, hehe
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Re: Pet nurses/comforters, not my two!!

Originally posted by ChrisH
    What did he do? When I lay down again he proceeded to harass me, dropping toys on me, pawing at me and licking my toes.
    Dear Bob's Mommy, I do that kinda stuff to my mom too. When she's not busy around the house me and my liddel brudder just figure she must be ready to play so we brings her lotsa toys and stuff. Sometimes when my mom gets down to clean the floor and she is on all four feets, just like how I walk, I figure she wants to play too, so I gets my ball and drops it in her soapy water. That sure makes her notice me but she doesn't seem very happy about it.

Your friend, Bella
    Please give Bob my love. He sure is a cutie.
    P.S. My mom hopes you start feelin' better real soon.

Oh, I can sympathize. I’ve been home all week sick. Mine have warted me to the point that I’m going to work tomorrow sick! I went in this morning and my boss sent me back home. They didn’t want my germs.

When I am sick, I have little love bunny (Ruby) who will happily lie next to me allllllllll day ...........

Then there is the *sigh* master - Captain. Who watches you lie in bed, and *sighs* loudly in the hope you will get fed up and take him for a walk .............. he doesn't really care about YOUR sickness
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Originally posted by aly
    Just being covered in cat purrs will do wonders to help you feel better!

That is as close to a God given truth as any I have heard.

Chris, I am sure you simply misinterpreted Bob and Ebby's conduct. Ebby was trying to give you peace and solitude. Bob was trying to make your mind forget you were sick.

Chris,

I feel your pain. I started with a cough & sore throat last
    Weds & it's been downhill from there. At least I've dragged
    myself to work this week(no fever), but still feel sick. Smokey
    has managed to drag every single toy out of his toy box & has
    them scattered all over the living room & dining room. The house
    is a mess and I don't care. The kitties don't comfort me either
    but do appreciate that their boxes are scooped & I remember to
    dole out the grub twice a day. Hang in there, someday this
    will all be a bad memory, right?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I hope you feel better real soon. Seems it's not only the US that's suffering this dreaded flu thing. I didn't get the flu, but I've had this hacking cough for the last week or so - ever since we got from Denver where they've really struggled with the flu. I wish I could have stayed in bed, but no, it's off to work for me. But the good news on my part is that this morning is the first morning since Thanksgiving that I woke up feeling good, so I'm on the mend. T & P are great nurses, and they could sure give some lessons to Terry.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Aww Chris, I do hope you are feeling better soon. It isn't much fun being in bed all day.

But I have a wonderful idea!! I think Bob & Ebby need to come for a visit and learn how to be snuggly!!!

Feel better!

I have the same issue with my two, when I am sick they just ignore me unless I sleep through feeding time, heaven forbid.

I keep holding out hope that Joey will get the hint and start cuddling with me when I am sick.

Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Awww I'm JUST starting to get over a cold/flu/stomach thing. I've been sleeping about 18 hrs a day for the past three days, and Bassett and Nutmeg have been little heating pads the WHOLE time. At times, Nutmeg would hog the whole bed and I couldn't even get comfortable! They usually don't really care when I'm sick, but I think they understood how serious it was this time (I was REALLY sick) and have tried their best to be comforts to me

I hope you feel better soon!

Chris sorry to hear you're feeling so rotten {{{Hugs}}}} coming atcha!!
    Think you'll have to put up with toes being kissed!!
    Good Luck - and Get Well Soon.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

AWW Bob! Mommy doesn't feel good...but I bet you were just trying to massage her feet... right?

Originally posted by captain
    Then there is the *sigh* master - Captain. Who watches you lie in bed, and *sighs* loudly in the hope you will get fed up and take him for a walk .............. he doesn't really care about YOUR sickness
    That's Kia! She makes me feel guilty for being sick!!!

Thankfully though, when I'm really sick, my parents will watch her so I can rest.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Get better everyone

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. And I loved reading all your pet nurse tales!

I`ve not got the flu, (I had the flu jab in October) I think I have some sort of stomach bug. Though with it going on for so long I suspect it is a flare-up of a stomach problem I had some time ago.

Yesterday my back spasmed and I had that pain to contend with too. Thankfully that is a whole lot better today! Enough is enough!

My kitty and canine are still imperfect on the nursing front though there is some improvement. Last night I went to bed for a hour or so and when I got up to let Bob out, lock up, and give Ebbs her supper I saw her watching me from the doorway. I thought she was waiting to be fed but she left the food and spent a long time just purring and wanting pets. It was so nice! And Bob is doing better too, this afternoon. I lay down on the sofa for a while and he dropped his toy on me once, then he just lay down for quite a while without bothering me at all.

Get well wishes to Liz and micki, and everyone else who is sick, plus stay well wishes to Aly, Debbie and Nomilyn.

love,
    Chris.