Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Page 8????

What happened to Page 8????

Cinder and Smokey's story is so much fun and I was glad to see there had been some recent contributions...in fact I read Phred's latest update last night. But today, Page 8 just comes up blank on my computer. Is it me? Gateway? I'm so disappointed!!

Hey Logan, Me Too !! Last night there was a
    similar problem on the Dog General Topic..
    The problem's not You or Gateway..I am
    disappointed about Cinder & Smokey's page to.
    After lunch maybe I'll send Karen or Paul a
    e-mail...
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, Gosh! Dad sez we're such blabbermoufs we mita run outa pages for our Tails Book .

Hope Miz Karen an Mister Paul can do sum poundin onna pawboardz an do a quickee fix onna problem!

An anudder skaree thought is OUR WebShotz page is commin up blank, too. Kan enniebuddie see anything on http://community.webshots.com/user/dogdad??

Dad thinks a lot of our old posts what used to have our pixshure onna bottom signature block are now missing the pix. He did sum lookin onna WebShotz site and found this item inna Terms of Service...

"6. What Can I Do With Materials Provided By Webshots?
    All of the material on the Webshots Site is protected by the copyright laws of the U. S. and other countries. You are only allowed to use these materials as indicated on the Webshots site; other uses are prohibited by
    copyright laws.

All of the material contained in the Webshots Gallery, the Webshots Daily Photos, and the Webshots Desktop software program may be viewed only on the Webshots Site. You may not copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any copyrighted material in any format, electronic or otherwise."

Dad sez they (WebShotz) may be doing what a lot of the "other" photo album sites have done - Refusing to allow their site content (photos) to be DISPLAYED on BBS sites, like we all do. Dad thinks maybe when we post an IMAGE for direct and instant display, we're also bustin the WebShotz rules .

If we just post a LINK, so's the reader hasta "klik" onna link and then actually GO TO the WebShotz site to SEE the photo; that's probaly OkeeDoKee wiffa WebShooterz an that's what they want ya to have to do.

That's gonna be a maximum Bummer!!

We should probably open a new topic titled sumthin like "Posting Photos from Off-Site Sources" in the "GENERAL" section so allua Kat and Petz folks can see the discussion.

Les'see iffa pix pops up inna sig block on this post...
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Hey Cinder and Smokey. The one good thing I can report is that my webshots is now working again! This morning, I was answering a post about my Butter and his blue eyes and I wanted to show a picture and all my webshots albums were empty! I was very upset about that! But a little while ago, I went back and everything was ok and all pictures were there. Hope yours are too. I didn't even try your link...but I'll do it now, and let you know what happens.

Sure do hope Page 8 will come back!!

Ok....I can't pull your site up. But hold on, cause mine came back. Hope yours does too!

[ September 27, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

I too, was excited to see Cinder and Smoke back on top. But I could not get into page eight. No photos come up for me on Phred's page either.

It is now 12:23 P.M. in Indy. Tried Pfred's
    page and the pictures were not there.Error
    message about "JavaScript' error.The > arrows
    on the page worked so I go from pic to pic.
    Went back & tried the first page book
    again and there were all the pics displayed,
    right on the first page..SPOOKEY STUFF!!
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cinder, Smokey and Dad:
    I just went to your Webshots album and did admire you once more without any problem. The only thing that seems wrong is that the first photo, the one that is at the top of the album, has the boken icon. If you click on the text for the name of the album, it comes up fine.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Yipes! Jest like Dad ta over react an panic ...

Our WebShotz ablum is alive an well - photos pop up jest fine, now.

But Dad still insists we may be bustin the rules at WebShotz. We started a topic on General at: General: "Posting Photos from Off-Site Sources..."

Maybe we can get some experts on Copyright Law and / or a Lawyer to comment. Be a shame if we can't post the photos like we're doing it now.

PS: Anybody have any luck getting onto our Page 8?
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Too weird, Phred. Anyway, let's see if my link from webshots shows up.

Here's my webshots address: http://community.webshots.com/user/lgivens4

Well, I think we have proved that Webshots is working...just not for Cinder and Smokey... Since our signatures are coming up, this must be some kind of "fluke", Phred. Hope it will be restored soon.

Logan

What beautiful girls you have Logan!

[ September 27, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

Thanks, Zippy Cat....I am so proud of Helen, Honey and Lilly! You see Helen and Honey in the picture......

PHRED...

I just checked out your album (great lookin' 4-leggers ya got there!)

My only complaint...there's no pics of Bootz Kat?!

It is now 2:53pm Indy time and still can't
    get page 8. Hope this gets fixed pretty soon.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

All last night I couldn't get into Dogs General! But, Phred, your album came up fine in all its' (THEIR) glory! Sure glad to hear Cinder and Smokey are back on top. Now we need to get page 8 up again!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~