Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just can't believe this. :(

I just can't believe this. :(

I have my neighbors cat in my bedroom right now. She was outside in the rain and snow freezing. She is soaked in mud, and soaking wet. My neighbors always leave their cats outside for a long time with no shelter, food or water. They also have another cat, so I am hoping she is inside. This cat was outside just meowing and meowing, and when picked up with the towel went limp from being exhausted. I am off to go feed and water her now. She will be staying with us until they get home..........whenever that is.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

What jerks! Poor kitty! Good thing you found it.

Glad the little thing is warm and fed tonight. Are you friends with these neighbors? I can imagine this would make it hard to get along with them eh? Well, good for you anyway.

What a great thing to do How could your neighbors do that to the poor thing?

I can't believe that Cass! What fools. I sure hope the other kitty is someplace keeping warm. Is there any chance they didn't know?

What a great thing to do How could your neighbors do that to the poor thing?

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I can't believe that Cass! What fools. I sure hope the other kitty is someplace keeping warm. Is there any chance they didn't know?
    Well I am even more pissed off now. But I will take this as a chance to educate someone.

Turns out they were snowed in in Portland. Both cats were outside for a few hours with no food, water etc. Her story didn't make sense as she said she went to Portland for three days, and then she said the cats had only been out for about three hours. Hrmm. I just took the cat to the owner, as I noted they had got home.

Turns out this was the momma cat, they have another one who is the son, but he is fixed. When I was in the room petting her I noticed she was acting very friendly. Scratched her back and sure enough she did the "arch". Yep she's in heat, and yep, she's also been nailed already. This will be her second litter. Who knows what cat got to her, as there are so many around here.

She was juicing so bad (I know that sounds sick) that she got it on my bed and now I have to change my sheets. YUCK! But she is so sweet and a beautiful kitty. She is a torbie with white spots. Anyways, that's how I knew someone had gotten to her already.

The lady said she couldn't afford to fix her cat. I mean I am guilty of breeding a litter too, but at least I knew WHO the father was and thoroughly thought things through, and had homes lined up way before she was even bred, and of course we kept Cheetah and Tin Tin and Mystic. After that, Houdini was spayed, and Cheetah too, and of course the two boys got neutered. Now, I would never breed another litter as there are people who are so much more experienced than I or any old person off the street, and just too many unwanted animals. I mean, the first time she didn't even know the cat was in heat! She took the cat to the doctor because she was yowling............well duh.

The docs had to tell her the cat was pregnant. So now her excuse is that she is moving tomorrow and that she doesn't have the money to get her fixed. She can't tell me that in a years time she couldn't have saved 50 bucks for a spay.

So I am getting her some clinic numbers and the Stray Cat Alliances numbers and info so she can get her cat spayed BEFORE she has her kittens. Hopefully she will take my advice.

But even though she was snowed in, this happens all the time. The cats are always left out, for extended periods of time.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Also she mentioned that the only reason why the male was neutered was because she didn't want him to spray, not because he could knock up every female cat in town.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

That is a shame. I couldn't force my kitties outside in the winter if I wanted to. lol. Kitties like to be warm and cozy.

Such a shame.

I think people should have to past a test to be parents and pet owners. If nothing else at least be required to have basic training.

From Decker with Love

Poor little kitties! I'm so glad you are the good person you are.

Originally posted by jazzcat
    Such a shame.

I think people should have to past a test to be parents and pet owners. If nothing else at least be required to have basic training.
    I agree. Although if it came down to money I would probably fail.

Well now the cat is outside again and she is MEOWING like crazy because she is in heat!!!!

I would REALLY like to sleep tonight, but obviously the owner doesn't care about that, or the fact her cat is going to get pregnant. Why the hell are people so damn stupid???
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by amoore
    Poor little kitties! I'm so glad you are the good person you are.

Aww thank you very much. That is so sweet of you.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Cass, I'm so sorry to hear that you have such an irresponsible neighbor. Hopefully she'll get her spayed before she becomes pregnant again but since she hasn't done this yet I highly doubt it. This is just so sad. I'm glad that you were there to keep the cat warm and feed her until her so called owners returned home.

Originally posted by jazzcat
    Such a shame.

I second that!!!

What stupid neighbors!!! Gggrrrr!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)