Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My spiney mice are HUGE! Cute pics!

My spiney mice are HUGE! Cute pics!

I am amazed at how big my spiney's have gotten to be. I remember when I first got them, and how tiny they were. Now they are about the size of a small rat, and so adorable too.

Squeek is the fattest one, and also the more social of the two. While Pip is the skinnier one with a bad hairdo, and a little more hyper. They like to "nibble" on me sometimes, but have never broke the skin. They love to run around on the bed, which is their favorite place to be. They also like to hang out on my shoulder while I do housework lol. I really adore my little boys.

So enjoy their new pics, will ya? Most of the pics are of Squeek, because Pip rarely slows down.

Pip and Squeek- Pip is in the back, you can tell from his wacked hairdo........it's actually from Squeek being dominant over him.

Squeek

Squeek

Pip and Cheetah

Squeek..........check out the cool pattern on his tail! You can see their bristles very good here.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

This pic is funny. Look at his shadow lol..............the big round ears. Just makes me laugh!

Squeek climbing on my legs.....he'll go anywhere, even climb on the cats and terrorize them lol. He thinks he's a Rottweiler.

And my baby Pip.

Hope you enjoyed the pics.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

They are very cute, Cass. I would be scared to death to let either of my hunting kitties near them though! Thanks for sharing the pictures. That one of the tail is especially neat!

Originally posted by Logan
    They are very cute, Cass. I would be scared to death to let either of my hunting kitties near them though! Thanks for sharing the pictures. That one of the tail is especially neat!
    Hehe, my cats know better lol. They have been raised since kittens with several different types of rodents and small animals. They know it's a no no. In fact, most of my rats love to play with the cats, and they chase eachother around the living room, actually playing. Rats can be nasty, and if the cats do anything wrong they can bite hard lol. I have to watch out more for the cats then the small ones, as the rats will bite their tails and paws if they get too near the cage etc. The rats have taught them well lol.

Brownie and Ewok are especially bonded and sleep together all the time. Brownie (the rat) will actually cuddle up to Ewok, who will then procede to clean his companion.....................sometimes he tries nursing on the rat lol, which is cute. Since Ewok opened his eyes he has been with Brownie, and they are really attached to one another.

Cheetah is tolerable of the small ones, but one wrong move and she's out of there in a flash. The rats scare her lol. She gets along with the female rats, and will cuddle with them, but the boy's are much bigger, too big for her liking, and she thinks they will attack her.

But ya, my kittie's are very good. The ONLY thing I would not trust around the cats are small snakes and birds. Larger birds like cockatiels are fine, but anything smaller than that that flys, I need to be careful with.
    Last edited by luckies4me; 12-02-2003 at 03:38 PM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Re: My spiney mice are HUGE! Cute pics!

Pip and Cheetah

This one is reallly nice photo

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Ha Ha Ha your cat Cheetah looks like he's eyeing up the little mousey!!
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Originally posted by Rio and Me
    Ha Ha Ha your cat Cheetah looks like he's eyeing up the little mousey!!
    Ky and Rio

She was a little annoyed, as she was in the middle of a deep sleep when they came and woke her up.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

cute pics
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Thanks!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

awwwwww! how adorable! i saw some spiny mice in a pet shop once, they were really tiny compared to these. Probably just babies I suppose.
    As good as they come....
    Mehagian a.k.a. Meg
    ~Sweetpea~
    &
    ~Joey~

They are very tiny when they are babies. When they are born, they actually almost and sometimes do have their eyes open, and can walk around and also have fur already.

Here is a pic of them as babies:

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

they turned different colors!!! weired!!! I dont know it is it lol I am just assuming lmao.. They have spiny mice at the petstore here i feel so bad for them they are housed in pine and they are in inclosed tanks with no fresh air getting in or out ..

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    they turned different colors!!! weired!!! I dont know it is it lol I am just assuming lmao.. They have spiny mice at the petstore here i feel so bad for them they are housed in pine and they are in inclosed tanks with no fresh air getting in or out ..

Actually they were the same color, they just didn't have their spines, and you couldn't see their sides, so could not see the brown on them. They do not get their bristles until they are teenagers.

Tanks are the safest housing for spineys, as they can chew anything plastic, their feet are much too tiny to be housed safely in a wire cage, and since they are small they have more of a chance of escaping.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

i always use ten gallons for my hamsters ect.. but at the petstore they look soooo sad and not taken care of.

Cass, I really loved this one:

And this one:

I am like Logan, I wouldn't want Grover near those little cuties. She has just discoverd hunting.

By the way, Happy Birthday!!

Tray

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!