Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Pet Talk GIFT SWAP 2004*

The usual rules have a spending limit, ($15) and the questionnaire helps with knowing what to get pets/people! It's not about money, really, it's about the fun we have picking out stuff for others, or even making stuff if you are so inclined!

Count me in, of course! I still have the little foam bunnies that decorated my last package here on my keyboard!

Originally posted by Karen
    It's not about money, really, it's about the fun we have picking out stuff for others, or even making stuff if you are so inclined!

That exactly right Karen! I really enjoyed picking out stuff for Naomi in my first swap and Logan in the second. I feel really bad that some people didn't receive packages from the last swap. I first said I was not going to participate in any more but I love buying things for others and I love seeing the pictures of them with the things I sent.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I'm in.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm in - had a ball shopping last time.

I'm in!!

Poor Rosemary really had to do a lot of shopping for my gang the last time around and she did GREAT!!!!! But, I would like to say that when you have as many different kinds of pets as I do, and as many, I don't think it is fair for the person who draws my name to have to shop for everyone. My idea would be that if I am matched with a "cat" person (like Rosemary, who has two cats), then I would be find just receiving cat gifts. The same would go for a dog person or bird person.

Count me in, Amy, whenever you plan to do it.

Logan

May I be a party pooper? I want to address the THREE people that didn't recieve gifts last time. This really steams me up. We are moving forward without addressing the non-recievers. I feel this is a slap in the face, really. (not to me, to them).

Originally posted by Karen
    The usual rules have a spending limit, ($15) and the questionnaire helps with knowing what to get pets/people! It's not about money, really, it's about the fun we have picking out stuff for others, or even making stuff if you are so inclined!
    I understand that but you must see it from my perspective. I'm a jobless teen who saves every little penny for these things. Even just one item per pet (for someone with a few pets) could cost alot around here. I don't know about over there but where I am, things aren't very cheap and I'm not the most creative person in the world. I try to stick to the limit but then the pets would only get crummy things and I'd just feel horrible. I could always just buy general pets things for the whole group rather than per pet like logan said I guess.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

*raises paw*
    I'm all for gift swaps! Sooo much fun! =))

Originally posted by Logan
    Poor Rosemary really had to do a lot of shopping for my gang the last time around and she did GREAT!!!!! But, I would like to say that when you have as many different kinds of pets as I do, and as many, I don't think it is fair for the person who draws my name to have to shop for everyone. My idea would be that if I am matched with a "cat" person (like Rosemary, who has two cats), then I would be find just receiving cat gifts. The same would go for a dog person or bird person.

Count me in, Amy, whenever you plan to do it.

Logan
    I loved shopping for your gang Logan. I just hope the fur and feather kids liked what I sent. I hope you liked what I sent for you as well.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

You know I did, Rosemary!!!

I am definitely in!!
    I recieved wonderful gifts from Julie last time!! They are still playing with them!!! (they did destroy 1 thing, I feel sorta bad--it was orange and blue)

I had so much fun shopping for Angus, Huney, and Roxy--and it was well worth it when I saw their pictures with the noisy toys I picked out for them
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Originally posted by Cataholic
    May I be a party pooper? I want to address the THREE people that didn't recieve gifts last time. This really steams me up. We are moving forward without addressing the non-recievers. I feel this is a slap in the face, really. (not to me, to them).

3 people didn't recieve??

Wow!!
    Do we know for sure who the non-senders were?
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    3 people didn't receive gifts?? Wow!!
    Do we know for sure who the non-senders were?
    And if the non-senders received gifts??
    Last edited by Freckles; 12-02-2003 at 07:11 PM.

February or March?? We're in.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings