Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone see?

Did anyone see?

Did anyone else see the picture on CNN of the policeman, completely exhausted, covered with dirt and dust, sound asleep on the ground with his rescue dog hugged tight at his side?

He had his arm across his dog who was asleep as well.

It was a very touching picture.

Yes Gini I saw that. It was beautiful!

I didn't. You think it is on the net somewhere?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I wish I had seen that...with all that is horrible it would be nice to see something positive. I really hate all this and I resent having to be afraid in my own country. I sure wish all in the world were like our dogs.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Did you mean this one, from the New York Times site?
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, gini, we saw on TV here that image of the man & his dog curled up against each other asleep. And the station programmers kept putting it on again as a sign-off image before cutting to commercials. So we saw it many times.
    We saw another lovely image...& it may have been that same man & his dog (looked the same). In this one, the man was drinking from his water bottle. Then he cupped his hand to make a bowl & poured some water for his dog to drink. Then he rubbed the left-over water on his dog's face to clean & refresh it. The TV station here kept playing that over & over again, too.

No, Karen, your picture is not the one that I saw on CNN. But, yours is no less touching. In the picture I saw, the man was lying fully on the ground with his German Shepherd at his side.

I attended a noon prayer Mass today and our priest asked before Mass started that we turn and greet all of our neighbors and give them a hug. As I hugged so many living humans, many total strangers to me, I started to cry. All of the pent-up emotion finally came out. So I prayed for all of the souls lost, all of the souls who have lost loved ones, all of those souls who are searching and for their four legged companions.

And finally I prayed for the poor misguided souls who planned this horror and brought us to today.

I don't feel fear, I don't have anger, but I am incredibly sad. But I also remind myself that it is important to have hope.

Thank you all for this whole thread.

i really wish i had got to see the image of the man and his dog.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

A beautiful, much needed story of courage and dedication on Larry King last night. The story of a blind office occupant of one of the tower's and his heroic partner. With the help of his beautiful sight assistance lab Roselle, this gentleman managed to escape the fire and smoke as he descended over 100 floors. Though separated from his fellow co-worker's, this courageous, loyal, girl never hesitated for a second as she faced the perils of the burning, darkened, smoked filled stairway, guiding him to safety. The sight of this magnificent canine angel, sleeping peacefully at her partner's feet during the interview, was touchiing beyond words. So many heroes, human and canine.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I wish I could have seen the German Shepherd Dog SAR team. I am in awe of them! What they go through to try to save lives! I also wish I had seen the Larry King show. What courage!! I would have cried my eyes out. Aren't dogs angels in disguise? They prove it in so many cases!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Yes they are angels.. i just wonder if people will look at them differently after this situation and see how good they are and how they help people, i really hope my aunt got to see the dogs, because she does not like dogs.. but one thing that made me feel real good is when she came down here last summer, and she patted Simba on the head, and said "good boy Simba"
    and i asked her, if she had to have a dog which dog would she choose, she said she would choose Simba.
    KayAnn And Simba, the super duper "Wunduh Mutt"

Go Buccaneers!

Who wouldn't LOVE Simba???? He's adorable!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I heard that story Sandra! It's just amazing. That dog should win an award or something.

I agree with Sue - how can you not love Simba? I also have an aunt who doesn't like dogs and she says that if she had to have a dog, it would be Daisy. She is now admitting that we are very lucky to have dogs in the world because of how much they help my dad, and how much they are helping in NYC and DC.

wow tatsxxx11 that is an amazing story! thank you for sharing it.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Originally posted by gini:
    <STRONG>Did anyone else see the picture on CNN of the policeman, completely exhausted, covered with dirt and dust, sound asleep on the ground with his rescue dog hugged tight at his side?

He had his arm across his dog who was asleep as well.

It was a very touching picture.</STRONG>
    Gini&lt; I think that was on ABC's coverage. It was a live shot from Manhattan I bet if someone contacted them ( Of if one of PJ's producers is reading this) you could get a copy forwarded to you. This made me think. Does anyone know of ways we can help the rescue animals that are there right now?