Thread: When do they stop growing?

When do they stop growing?

Joxer is 3 years old and I thought he was all grown. But lately he seems to be getting just a little bit bigger. I've noticed this because he and Sid were about the same size (well, actually, Sid is a little chubby, I'm refering more to height and length), but lately he seems just a bit bigger than Sid. (Sid is 7 years old, so I'm sure he's done growing .)

One of Sid's nickname's is "Big Sid" - but if Joxer gets any bigger I'm going to have to get Sid a new name.

These are not the droids you were looking for

From what I have gathered some cat breeds will continue to grow and mature up until 3 or 4. The one that I have read the most about is Maine coons, and that is supposed to be the case with them. They are not supposed to grow alot, but I guess that a little is not abnormal.

I know that I saw this on one or two other breeds, but I cannot remeber which ones. Maybe someone else will know.

So if Joxer a purebreed or a mix of one of those breeds, then I guess you may not be imagining things.

Are you sure that he is not slowing down ang gaining weight. Just Kidding.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Although most Cats hit thier growth spurt at 18 months , it all depends on the Cat.When I took in strays, they were smallish , but that was because they had not has a steady diet.so they gew quite a bit , the first year.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS