Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk Gift Swap :(

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

I think if you can't send your gift out at the due date, then don't participate. I can't wait for the next gift swap!
    When is the next gift swap planned? I'd like to arrange it, or help arrange it, if possible... Well, that is, if anyone will let me. It would have RULES.

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    When is the next gift swap planned? I'd like to arrange it, or help arrange it, if possible... Well, that is, if anyone will let me. It would have RULES.
    I don't think there is one planned as of now. I'm just saying I would love to participate in the next one!

Ahh ok...maybe sometime early next year after Christmas..

I'm really being a prude, I'm checking off names of those I receive Christmas cards from.

I'm really being a prude, I'm checking off names of those I receive Christmas cards from.
    I need to quit chatting with you, you're rubbing off on me! LOL
    I'm doing the same thing!

*edited for spelling

Originally posted by micki76
    I need to quit chatting with you, you're rubbing off on me! LOL
    I'm doing the same thing!
    LOL!

Last year, we organized one in December to actually not take place until January - after the holiday rush and madness, as folks have enough to worry about at this time of year.

If you'd like to get that started, go ahead, but as I said, let us keep it away from the Christmas/New Years madness, and have it actually take place in 2004!

Originally posted by Karen
    Last year, we organized one in December to actually not take place until January - after the holiday rush and madness, as folks have enough to worry about at this time of year.

If you'd like to get that started, go ahead, but as I said, let us keep it away from the Christmas/New Years madness, and have it actually take place in 2004!
    Ok. I think that's a good idea...I believe that's around the time of the one I participated in and it worked out nicely. It's fun to still get gifts after Christmas is over!

I've heard you guys talk about this, but what is it and how does it work? How do you decide who sends what to whom? If you don't know the person how do you know what to get them?
    Just curious

Please, if someone decides to do a new Swap, move it to a new thread!

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    I've heard you guys talk about this, but what is it and how does it work? How do you decide who sends what to whom? If you don't know the person how do you know what to get them?
    Just curious
    I think usually the person who arranges it creates a questionaire that asks the person's name and address as well as their pets info...like what kind they are, what type of toys/treats they like, etc. In the one I participated in we bought most of the stuff for the pets and one gift for the person. Everyone sends their questionaires to the arranging person and they match up names and send the info of the swapper to them. You don't buy from the same person you're receiving from. Did that even make sense?

*edit* Amy's too quick.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I think usually the person who arranges it creates a questionaire that asks the person's name and address as well as their pets info...like what kind they are, what type of toys/treats they like, etc. In the one I participated in we bought most of the stuff for the pets and one gift for the person. Everyone sends their questionaires to the arranging person and they match up names and send the info of the swapper to them. You don't buy from the same person you're receiving from. Did that even make sense?
    Yep that made perfect sense, thanks.
    Sounds like fun!

HE HE I was going to start a thread like this Jo but I didn't great minds think alike.
    I just wish that the people that haven't sent their gifts yet hadn't received theirs b/c then they would know how it feels.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I think there are two swaps involved here.

Tina and I were organizing the one that took place in July/August and there was a deadline on when you had to send your package. From what I understand there were two people from that swap that didn't receive a gift. I was very sorry to hear this. I jumped quickly and said I would not participate in any future swaps because I felt so bad that people didn't receive a package and I was one of the people organizing it. But because I really enjoyed buying the gifts for the package and I really loved seeing pictures of the furkids with the things I sent I am rethinking this.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Originally posted by Cataholic
    And, that is what peeves me. Now, two people **might** feel hurt, or not apart of us, and that is not only soooo wrong, but, soooo untrue.
    I agree completely! I not participating anymore untill I get a decent explanation from my "person"!! After all, she got my gift, so if I knew why I didn't get anything, I wouldn'mind; but not saying anything, that is childish!!