Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Update and Some Pictures

An Update and Some Pictures

I have been lurking for a while, and finally decided to post.

My father came to visit us on November 20th. He left on Thanksgiving. It was his first time to meet Andrew since we got married!! (Andrew and I will celebrate our 3 year anniv. in a few months ) The visit went very well. Andrew and my dad got along and liked eachother. And Drake and my dad got along famously!! My dad did particularly like dogs. But Drake made a believer out of him and won him over! Imagine that! They went everywhere together and Drake would follow him around the house It was so cute. My dad said that I wasn't allowed to come home and visit with Draker.

I heard from the shipping company today about our household goods. They arrived in Germany today! The company needs some customs forms (which the Army should have provided, but didn't) and then they can deliver our stuff. So, Andrew is going first thing tomorrow to get the paperwork done. I should have my stuff in a week or so! Hurray! It has been a mess and I hate being in a bug house that echos because there is nothing in it!! But that will be history soon!

I went in today to see about starting me job as a translator. The boss brought over my contract and said I would be the linguist for the company my husband is in and would be deploying to Iraq no later than the end of January. I told him I was unaware of the deployment status and he said that he thought I had been told. I had to kindly tell him that I couldnt accept the position. This is devestating news for me. I really wanted that job, but going to Iraq is not an option for me. It's enough that Andrew is going. There would be noone here to take care of Drake. And I do not think I am capable of living in a tent in the dessert for a year or so. So, I have to start looking for a job all over again!!

Other than that, things are slowly looking up for me. Here are a few pictures of my precious Drake. Andrew will kill me if he sees that I posted the one of him in PJs. My mother sent him a scarf as a present with my dad. I put it on him everytime we go out for a walk. Andrew laughs and we get smiles from everyone on the street. Wouldn't want Drake to catch a cold, would we ? Silly me!

It's wonderful your dad and Andrew got along. Andrew sounds like a nice guy and your dad knows he loves you, so what's not to like - right?

And I'll bet you're surprised to know that your dad and Drake got along so well. (Ha Ha) He's a beautiful baby - how can anyone not love him?

Good to hear you get your things soon. Must be awful living without them.

I'm so sorry about the job. Small comfort that I'm sure you'll find something, but I know Drake really appreciates the fact that you will be staying to care for him. And I'm sure Andrew appreciates that fact too. I can't imagine living in a tent for a year - YIKES!!

And the pictures are fantastic - even Andrew in his PJ's. The scarf looks great on Drake - such a handsome guy. You sure can tell he loves his dad, can't you? That's some lap dog!

Keep us posted on how things are going. I, for one, love to hear about different countries and to see pictures. That way I can travel without ever leaving home.

Souraya, thanks for the update. Funnily enough, just the other day I was thinking about you and wondering how things were.

It`s great that your Dad and Andrew got along so well, also that your Dad and Drake liked each other too!

Glad to hear your long awaited goods will soon be turning up right outside your door, about time!

Sorry the job didn`t work out. Sending positive thoughts that something will turn up soon, I am sure it will.

Yay! Drake pictures! He is just sooo gorgeous!

Take care now, and please keep us posted. (Lots more Drake pics wouldn`t go amiss either! )

Chris

Good to hear from you! Until I read a little bit, I didn't recognize your name. Very sorry to hear about the job misunderstanding. I don't blame you for not going. I think you're brave enough to be where you are. I'm glaed you'll have your things for Christmas and I hope you two have a great one! Drake looks so cute with that scarf. You've got two handsome men there.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

thanks for the update!! drake is soo sweet. I get lost in his big brown eyes ..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Souraya,

I am so sorry to hear about the job mixup & the furniture
    problems. I am so glad you don't have to go into harms
    way & I wish that Andrew didn't either. Surely they could
    use a linguist where you are now, right? I hope things get
    straightened out for you guys soon.

It's great to see pics of the handsome Draker. He looks so
    very dignified in his new scarf. He's really looking good.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great ot hear from you and see new pictures of the Drakester

Sorry the job didn't work out I don't blame you for not wanting to go To Iraq...likeyou sid having Andrew there is bad enough... my BIL has been there since April and I know my sister is hoping he makes it home soon.

Souraya, so glad to hear from you.

FINALLY getting your furniture - huge *sigh* of relief!

Sorry to hear about the job issue ......... fingers crossed for you to find something else. HEY, try BMW!!! Surely they need linguists???
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Aww! He is soo cute! Love the pic of him sitting on his lap!

Adorable!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Things sure do sound like you have been going through a tough time. Hang in there! Remember it is just a rough patch and you will be moving right on through it to the other side. Best wishes for you and Andrew.

Love the pics! Drake is awesome looking!

Robin

Drake is so beautiful. You don't post enough pictures of him, I want to see more!

Thank you Wolfie!

Hi Souraya! I was just thinking about you too!
    Sorry the job didn't work out, but there'd be no way you could be in the same company and place with Andrew. I'm admittingly a wee bit upset that he's going there anyway. Things happen for a reason and don't you have a technical background? I'm sure you'll find something quickly.
    How fantastic that the visit with your dad went well! How could anyone NOT fall in love with Andrew and Drake? Two of the most handsome males I know! Drake is such a splendid dog..I melt in his eyes too and I LOVE the fur around his ears! I'll bet all the fraulein doggies follow him everywhere!
    I hope you continue to keep in touch with us. We miss you a lot. Have fun finally decorating! {Hugs always} Karen

I've been Boooo'd!

Hi Souraya!! I too have been wondering about you! Draker looks great in his scarf and on Daddy's lap!!
    Good luck with the job search, sorry to hear about the set back.
    Keep In touch!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I love Draker in his scarf, he looks so handsome!

I'm so sorry to hear about the job, I know how much you were looking forward to it. I'm sure you'll find something else you'll like just as much

Good news about your stuff, I bet you just can't wait

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

It is so wonderful to see some pictures of our "German" friend, Drake, and of course, Andrew, too! Souraya, I'm so sorry the job didn't work out, but I am glad you are able to wait and find something that will keep you there with Drake.

How is Germany? Is it cold yet?? I have so many thousands of questions for you!!!! And I miss you, just knowing you are no longer a couple of hours down the road.

I'm so glad you had a good visit with your dad and that he and Andrew finally met! Does this mean good things for your mom finally getting the dog she has wanted for so long??? I hope so!!!

Please keep in touch!

Logan