I have been lurking for a while, and finally decided to post.

My father came to visit us on November 20th. He left on Thanksgiving. It was his first time to meet Andrew since we got married!! (Andrew and I will celebrate our 3 year anniv. in a few months ) The visit went very well. Andrew and my dad got along and liked eachother. And Drake and my dad got along famously!! My dad did particularly like dogs. But Drake made a believer out of him and won him over! Imagine that! They went everywhere together and Drake would follow him around the house It was so cute. My dad said that I wasn't allowed to come home and visit with Draker.

I heard from the shipping company today about our household goods. They arrived in Germany today! The company needs some customs forms (which the Army should have provided, but didn't) and then they can deliver our stuff. So, Andrew is going first thing tomorrow to get the paperwork done. I should have my stuff in a week or so! Hurray! It has been a mess and I hate being in a bug house that echos because there is nothing in it!! But that will be history soon!

I went in today to see about starting me job as a translator. The boss brought over my contract and said I would be the linguist for the company my husband is in and would be deploying to Iraq no later than the end of January. I told him I was unaware of the deployment status and he said that he thought I had been told. I had to kindly tell him that I couldnt accept the position. This is devestating news for me. I really wanted that job, but going to Iraq is not an option for me. It's enough that Andrew is going. There would be noone here to take care of Drake. And I do not think I am capable of living in a tent in the dessert for a year or so. So, I have to start looking for a job all over again!!

Other than that, things are slowly looking up for me. Here are a few pictures of my precious Drake. Andrew will kill me if he sees that I posted the one of him in PJs. My mother sent him a scarf as a present with my dad. I put it on him everytime we go out for a walk. Andrew laughs and we get smiles from everyone on the street. Wouldn't want Drake to catch a cold, would we ? Silly me!