Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help!

Our second oldest cat despises our youngest one. We are forced to keep them separated. The youngest sleeps by herself in a separate room. When they are out, she is always being attacked. Some cats just don't like each other and if you want to keep them both, probably the only solution is to keep them apart.

Forgot to mention - ours have hated each other for 8 years, so.....

I am sorry to read about the problems you are having with Ally and Connor. Over the past year I have taken in a number of foster cats (from military personnel). The first time this happened Emily definitely was NOT impressed with me (and let me know it). It took us about 4 months to reach a compromise in the house that everyone could live with. I made sure that all the cats had their "special" place where they could go and no other cats would bother them. I also provided lots of loving (and kitty treats). But everyonce in awhile she would still bat at them (even though she was half their size). I figured that as long as no blood and limited amounts of fur where on the floor (and they could tolerate each other), I was doing okay.

But the most important part was just time, time and more time...

I am very sorry to hear that, Ally. I don't really have any experience, but it sounds like everyone else gave some good advice. Ron and Raven dislike eachother also, but no one has gotten injured from the fights yet.

I'm so sorry to hear about this Julie. I don't have anything else to offer you except some cyberhugs and prayers that everything will work out in the end. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I sure hope that your husband can become more patient because it can take many months for cats to like each other.

My Storm and Cirrus don't get along either but luckily Cirrus is so afraid of Storm that he hides so no real fights break out. He only hisses and growls at Storm. I've learned to live with it and try not to interfere too much. Good luck Julie and please take care of yourself. {{{{HUGS}}}}

I only just read this thread now. I don't have much advice, but I'll be praying that everything works out. You do have a nice big house. Is it possible to keep them seperate.........or is that something you wouldn't want to do?

Good luck!