Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Update(11/30/03 at 10:15PM PST)

Joey Update(11/30/03 at 10:15PM PST)

Well, I just got home a little while ago from the vet hospital where Joey is at.

She did not come home. They tried to feed this afternoon and she threw up. This is not a really good sign, it means that she is still sick. The vet said that are not positive that she actually ate something. However, if a kitty does not feel well sometimes the smell alone can cause them to throw up.

They did as complete of a set of blood work that they can do and nothing is out of whack. Which needless to say was of no help except to rule out a few things. I did not ask exactly what, I should have.

Well, tomorrow they do an ultrasound and hopefully that will show something. The doctor seemed optimistic that this will give us something, that will be of use. It should at least be more then we have now.

I did get to see her again, and I think she recognized me it was hard to tell. She is so scared, she kept curling up and hiding her head in the blanket that she was wrapped up in. I felt so bad for her. I really wanted to bring her home, it broke my heart to leave her there again. I know that being there is the best thing for her, but she doesn't understand that. All she knows is that her dad left her in the scary place. Everytime I think about that I just get upset. I guess I am just really frustrated that I can't do anything and we are not making progress on finding the problem.

I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but I am really starting to get scared that we won't find anything and she will just get worse. I am still keeping the faith for now.

Ok, enough with the venting and pity party.

I said it in last post and I will continue to say it and mean it. You are all the greatest people around. God bless each and everyone of you, because you are a blessing to me.

BTW - I really appreciate the prayers and good thoughts for my girl and me, and please continue to post if you would like to. I do appreciate it. However, please do not feel obligated to continue post if you just want to know what is happening at the moment. I really well understand.

I know that you do not mind me posting, but I had no idea that it would go on this long. I will still continue to post because I think it helps me a little to write it down. However, I wanted to say one more time thank you for listening to me give updates and ramble on about my feelings.

PS - Don't forget about Cass(luckies4me). My baby is sick, but at least I know where she is. Cass has no idea where Mystic is. I know that you will keep her in your prayers also, but I just wanted to make sure.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

So sorry to hear the news isn't good yet.

Is there any chance Joey could have eaten something? Like something undigestable?

Continued prayer for Joey...

Take care and post as much as you want. It really, really does help.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I just posted on the other thread and then found this one.

The wonderful thing about Pet Talk is that every single one of us understand. At some point we have all had to take our kids into the vets for various reasons and it is upsetting.

A few years back, I lost my calico, Patches, to kidney disease and you just wouldn't believe how supportive and caring everyone was. I would sit here and read the post through tears. And every single post helped so much.

Continuing prayers for you and Joey.

I am so sorry to hear about Joey. I hope they find out really soon what's wrong with her.

Fingers and paws crossed for a speedy recovery

I'm so sorry to hear about Joey, I hope she gets better soon. I might be able to give you some hope, my fiance and I went through a very similar situation with Priss several months ago and the result was positive!

I gave Priss a piece of Chick fil a chicken from my sandwich I had for dinner on a Wednesday. We're pretty sure this is what caused her sickness, and my massive guilt I just love to spoil them. Wednesday night she threw up all over the apartment. We cleaned it up and hoped it was all out. Thursday she stopped eating and continued to throw up, just not as much since she wasn't eating. Friday she still wasn't eating, wasn't going potty and was very lethargic, we got her to the vet as soon as we could on Saturday morning. We had to leave her there and wait until they could make time for her. The wonderful vet stayed late to take care of Priss, she examined her and did an x-ray, she couldn't see anything wrong. She told us to take her home and force feed her with a syringe and gave us anti-nausea medicine to give her, it was horrible, we felt so bad having to force her to eat all of these things (but I was glad we didn't have to give her any pills, it was all liquid), PLUS keep her in the bathroom so we could monitor if she was eating and using the litter box. I made her a very cozy nest during her stay in the bathroom, she is after all, our princess. We took naps and sat in there with her and my fiance even slept in there with her part of the night (they have a special bond and he was so concerned). She slowly but surely started to get more energy and started to eat again because of the anti-nausea drugs (she wasn't eating because she knew she would throw up). Finally she was eating her special food by herself rather than us having to force feed her and she was using the litter box. It was a slow process but we finally got our Priss back. All of our cats get very minimal table food now, they have only gotten fresh chicken and turkey since and that is at minimal quantities. My fiance is a stickler about it now since he was so shaken by Priss's illness. We are all happy and healthy now though!

My guess is that Joey ate something that disagreed with her and is probably not eating because she was throwing up, much like my Priss. Don't worry, she'll be fine. Have patience and she'll be home soon and you can nurse her back to health. I hope my story helps you feel better! Good luck!

I'm so sorry to read this. I haven't been here much in the last week and I didn't know joey was ill. Did the ultrasound show anything today?

I'm sorry to hear about Joey.
    I will keep him in my prayers, and continue to check the cat side for an update.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Re: Joey Update(11/30/03 at 10:15PM PST)

Originally posted by CatDad
    PS - Don't forget about Cass(luckies4me). My baby is sick, but at least I know where she is. Cass has no idea where Mystic is. I know that you will keep her in your prayers also, but I just wanted to make sure.
    Bless you Bryan, for thinking of others when you & Joey are in need of support.

Of course we'll pray for Joey & Mystic, PT prayers are unlimited

I hope you find out what is making Joey ill, it must be so upsetting just not knowing what is wrong

Please keep us updated.

Oh, Catdad, I am so sorry to hear about Joey. Keep us posted!

Bryan, thanks for keeping us updated. I hope today`s ultrasound provides some answers so sweet Joey can get on the road to recovery and be home with her loving dad.

Will be keeping the prayers and good thoughts going for you both.

Big Hugs

Bryan - thanks for the further update - I'm so sorry they've not discovered what's the matter with Joey just yet. Don't blame yourself for leaving her - she probably sleeps a lot when your not there - that's good for cats.
    When I lit my Monday night candle tonight - I said a special prayer for your special girl - keep hanging in there, have an extra cuddle with Bob.
    {{{Hugs}}} across the miles to you and Joey - c'mon girl you can do this, get well very soon xxxx

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Still keeping Joey in our prayers. Hope you feel better real soon baby girl

I'm so sorry to hear that Joey is sick Hopefully the ultrasound will give you some answers so she can begin her treatment and her recovery. Prayers are on their way to you sweet Joey girl from Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver. Please get well soon sweetheart Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

We are all here for you Bryan as long as you need us to be.
    I'm so sorry to hear the vet hasn't found what is ailing poor Joey.
    I hope the ultrasound will be able to tell them something.

Keeping you and Joey in my prayers.

Hang in there, I know how hard it is for you. Think positive that Joey will be home soon and will be her old self in no time.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Any word on Joey yet?? I have thought about her and Mystic all day today. Still saying prayers for both. Update us soon on Joey. Poor Baby. Still saying prayers and sending good thoughts.