Thread: Feliway

Feliway

I just had a question about this feliway stuff. My Boomer is the sweetest thing in the world when i'm the only one around, but when my husband or anyone else is in our house, he gets extrememly agitated. We had our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and had a few people over. No kids, just 3 extra adults. Boomer kept hiding and wouldn't budge. (my favorite hiding place was with his head buried between the shower curtain and vinyl liner "if i can't see you, you can't see me!!") When I picked him up and brought him out into the living room to show him to our guests he clawed my arm deeply and ran off. About 30 minutes lates we couldn't find him anywhere and after searching for about 10 minutes we realized he had retorn a hole in the lining under one of our chairs and crawled up amongst the springs. not even a squirt with the waterbottle could get him to budge. I guess it could be a little understandable for him to hide and claw me with 3 strangers in the house, but he's even doing this when it's just my hunny and I. I've posted on here several times about his behavior towards my husband and nothing has worked. Sooo on to the point of this post Can feliway be used simply to make a cat feel more comfortable in his own home? I can't buy it here, so would have to get it offline, but don't want to order it unless I'm fairly certain it will help matters. Any input?Sorry to keep dwelling on this same problem, it's just frusterating
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I think it works to some extent. I haven't noticed any earth shattering differences, but I do notice my cats are calmer when I have them plugged in. Small differences like them sleeping next to eachother and liking it, playing together...stuff like that.

I really think its worth a try.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

thanks Noah'sMommy

I went all over the base today trying to find out where i could get some feliway or rescue remedy and finally the secretary at the vet clinic tipped me off that they might have one of them at the boarding center. She gave me directions to get there but after combing the streets for about 15 minutes (unsuccesfully) I just decided to come home and call them Sadly they're closed between 2-4 in the afternoon so I'll have to wait about an hour to find out anything. I'm very hopeful that we can find something to calm my little "worry wart" down without the use of medication.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl