Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our loss

Our loss

His name was Weeble and he was the best cat that anyone could ever ask for. He passed away this morning; we had to have him put to sleep. He had lymphoma; there was a tumor in his throat and he had stopped eating and was barely drinking anything. We were having to feed him with a syringe for the past week.

It happened so fast. Early this morning he was having labored breathing and could not breathe through his nose. It was the most heartbreaking decision we ever had to make, but we were with him until the end. It was sad putting him in his carrier for the last time.

Sixteen years ago, my husband was at a mall pet store where they had various pets behind small glass windows. He had no intention on getting a second cat, but when Weeble climbed over a pile of kittens to come up to the glass and meow at him, he had to have him. My husband was a poor college student at the time and spent his weekly $25 grocery budget to get him. It was the best $25 he ever spent. When he walked he wobbled, but never fell down. That is how he became Weeble.

I met Weeble six years later and became his mama. He was the sweetest cat I have ever known and I feel like my heart is breaking. He always liked to please us, never did misbehaved and let the vet do anything to him.

I am going to miss coming home and seeing him in the window, sitting on couch, having him come up to me and reaching out to be held or petted, looking across the room and seeing him in his bed, hearing him meowing at night while carrying around his stuffed orange rat, getting into bed with us and snuggling, waking me up by licking my eyelashes and biting my chin. I could go on and on - I loved him so much.

I wish the pain would stop. I have cried all day.

Thank you for reading my story. This is my tribute to Weeble. He was my sweetpea and he will be missed. You know I will never, ever forget you. You will forever be in our hearts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute you have written. He was wonderful.

Godspeed Weeble.

I am very sorry for your loss.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

I am sorry about the loss of Weeble. You have written a beautiful touching tribute to him.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge Weeble.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Weeble

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby Weeble. If you and your husband would like to talk to others who are grieving the loss of their pets, the http://pub70.ezboard.com/fpetlossfrm1 message board is a wonderful place to come. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

A Place in our Hearts

They will not go quietly;
    the cats who've shared our lives,
    In subtle ways they let us know
    their spirit still survives.
    Old habits still make us think
    we hear a meow at the door.
    Or step back when we drop
    a tasty morsel on the floor.
    Our feet still go around the place
    the food bowl used to be,
    And, sometimes, coming home at night,
    we miss them terribly.
    And although time may bring new friends
    and a new food dish to fill,
    That one place in our hearts
    belongs to them....
    and always will

by Linda Barnes
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Welcome to Pet Talk DLK. I wish it was under happier circumstances.

I am so sorry for your loss. Weeble's was a very handsome boy. I just love tabbies.

May the loving memories of Weeble, comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

We have all been through this ourselves, so we know what you are going through. It's hard, but it will get easier with time.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only hope that in time, you will find comfort in all the good memories of Weeble. Ending his suffering was one final act of love, and the kindest thing you could have done under the circumstances, although it was so hard for you.

Have fun at the Rainbow Bridge Weeble

(((HUGS)))

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Dear DLK: first off I'd like to welcome you to Pet Talk. In time, you will realize that this is the place to come to for comfort and support. I'm sorry that your first post has to be such a sad one.
    Weeble looks exactly like my 16 yr old fem. Speckles. Same markings and everything. Please know that you will meet again some day and Weeble knew how much you loved him.

Weeble: I know that you are romping around at the RB chasing butterflies and micies. Please watch over DLK and do your best to take the pain away. I know by now you've met my RB kitties Casper and OJ and you are all playing together. Have fun kitties and save a spot for DLK.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh, I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to such a wonderful cat today. I hope in time, you can only remember the happy times you all shared.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Welcome to PT, I just wish it could have been under better circumstances.

I wish there was something that I could say to take away the pain, however there is not. You will go through the grieving process like any normal parent.

I can only offer my condolances for you loss of such a wonderful baby. I cried as I read you post, because I know how you feel and I know how much you are hurting. Just know that you are not alone, most of us have lost our babies, some more then one. Two years ago we lost our 21 year old Flicka to kidney failure, and that was one of the hardest times that I have gone through.

Weeble have a safe trip to the rainbow bridge and have fun with my Flicka and all of our babies. You will now be able to romp and play without any health issues.

I know that kuhio98 posted a site that has a forum for greving parents. You may also come her and share your felling with us. Everyone here is very understanding and very good listeners.

Send prayers and thoughts of comfort to your family. Also a very big {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}} to you.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

RIP Dear Weeble , and know at the Rainbow Bridge , that there is a party planned in your Honor!Codolences to your Guardians!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand that you are suffering a deep sorrow. It sounds like Weeble was a fantastic kitty and I am sure that he knew that he was loved very much. With condolences--
    Oreo and Molly

Oh poor Weeble, rest in peace at the Rainbow Bridge!!
    My Sydney is there too and will be most happy to play with you!!

I'm sorry that Weeble has passed over. I know the pain and it will lessen in time as the good memories take over. You will never forget him and you will always love him. Your tribute to him was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. He sounds like he was a very lucky kitty to be so loved and to have had you who gave him such a wonderful life. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Peace to you from me and my nine.

Welcome to pet talk. I am so sorry that your first post had to be such sad news. I wish we all had the opportunity to know Weeble. The part about the $25 food budget just sent me crying. I hope you stay around pet talk and in time the memories will out weigh the sorrow. For right now, you may borrow any (or all) of our kitties as your own. {{{{HUGS}}}}