Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our loss

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful kitty boy. May he rest in peace and be forever happy at Rainbow Bridge.

From Decker with Love

What a beautiful and heartbreaking story of Weeble life.

He loved you and was loved in return, it sounds like he was a very happy cat and he left you with a lifetime worth of memories.

Play well on the bridge Weeble.....Caramel, Mr Stray and my childhood kitty Linda will be happy to show you around.

Welcome to Pet Talk

That's very sad. Take consolation in his long and happy life.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Weeble, your story brought tears to my eyes, I know exactly the warmth of having a cat in your life can bring, and I know the sorrow and emptiness you feel when they are taken from us. It sounds like it was his time to go to the Rainbow Bridge, his health conditions seemed unbearable, you gave him peace after his long happy life with you and you were there with him till the end. I would have done the same, I would hate to see him suffer. I lost my first cat when she left one day and never came back, and my second to kidney failure. I hope you can find comfort in his memory and find a way to memorialize him in a suitable way, such as an engraved plaque to put in the garden or simply a nice framed picture on the mantle. He will always be with you and will live on forever in your heart. Your hurt will heal with time, good luck.

Kuhio 98 posted this poem several threads ago and I thought it was so perfect, I hope it gives you comfort (and I hope they don't mind if I use it :

If It Should Be

If it should be I grow frail and weak
    And pain prevents my peaceful sleep.
    Then you must do what must be done
    When this last battle can't be won.
    You will be sad, I understand.
    Selfishness might stay your hand.
    But on this day, more than the rest,
    Your love and friendship take the test.

We've had so many happy years
    That what's to come can hold no fears.
    You'd not want me to suffer. So,
    When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend.
    Only -- stay with me until the end.
    Hold me firm and speak to me.
    Until my eyes no longer see.

I know, in time, you, too, will see
    It is a kindness that you do for me.
    Although my tail it's last has waved,
    From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve it should be you.
    Who must decide this thing to do.
    We've been so close, we two, these years...
    Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Author Unknown

That was a beautiful tribute. So many of us here have gone through the pain that you feel right now. It can be such a gut-wrenching experience.

Weeble - you sounded like such a wonderful friend and companion to your humans. Rest in peace sweet Weeble.

These are not the droids you were looking for

thank you

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts. Last night was difficult. I have a four month old daughter who still wakes up during the night to be fed. Weeble would usually sit on the couch with us. Last night I just cried while looking at his empty bed, even though its had been about a week and half since he has been himself. I was hoping that his lymphoma would go into remission. We had started chemotherapy and various others drugs on Saturday morning, but I think it was too far advanced. He deteriated quickly. They think it was probaly in his nasal cavity, as he had chronic colds and sinus infections for the past year and a half.

We have two other cats and I think think they can sense what is going on. Their names are Putty and Daisy; I will tell you more
    about them at a later time. Putty seems sad and Daisy meowed all night.

Thanks again for all of your support. It means the world to me.

Attached is another picture of Weeble wearing my Daughter's socks that I just love!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

more tears. I know how hard it is. What a cute picture, though.

DLK - a big welcome to Pet Talk - it's so sad the circumstances are so unhappy.

You're amongst friends here - we've all lost a dearly loved pet at one time or another - and shed millions of tears - in private and on the board. We all understand exactly what your going through, the agony, the heartache and the 'what if's'.
    You did all you could for your beautiful Weeeble - those photos., are wonderful. Like others, I've cried as I read your beautiful tribute to such a much loved furboy. Give Putty and Daisy extra cuddles they must be wondering where on earth their fur brother is.
    (((Hugs))) across the miles.

RIP beautiful Weeble and play at the Bridge with all our very special 'kids'.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    more tears. I know how hard it is. What a cute picture, though.
    Totally, what a sweetie.

Welcome to Pet Talk DLK. I'm so sorry that your first post had to be such a sad one. I'm also sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure that Weeble is now up at Rainbow Bridge playing happily and pain free.
    I had to put my Pepper to sleep in Feb. of this year so I know what you're going through. The people here helped me a lot and I'm sure they'll help you too. Just take it one day at a time and remember that Weeble will always be alive in your heart. Please take care. RIP sweet Weeble.

Hi DLK,
    I am so sorry to hear about your RB Weeble. His pictures are so very sweet! I also lost a well loved kitty this ;ast April to kidney failure - his name was Ernie. I think all of us here have probably been through this but it is never quite the same pain ans it never really goes away because every pet is ifferent and special to us for different reasons. Thank you for sharing jis pictures!! I hope that eventually, you will feel like sharing your other cats with us also! Weeble is such a cute name! "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!" Very cute!!

DLK
    I am sorry for your loss, I know how you feel. May Weeble play hard at Rainbow Bridge. Weeble Looks so cute with the socks on.

Your story also brought tears to my eyes too. Sounds like Weeble picked your husband and was very lucky to get you too. Two people to love him, I am sure he is happy at Rainbow Bridge.

Weeble, rest in peace.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!