Thread: Young dog has sore on his genital

Young dog has sore on his genital

My two and a half year old labrador has a an elevated, reddish inflamation on his prepuce, but not on his penis. There has not been any discharge or bleeding. We have had him for about 10 months and he is a rescued dog. He has been neutered for at least a year, possibly longer, as far as we know.

I have never known my dog to have ever had an amorous encounter or what this could possibly be. Anyone have this experience or any clues as to what this could be?

Thanks

I think a trip to the vet is necessary. Though I’m sure it’s nothing major, I’ve never heard of that before.

Are you sure that it's the prepuce? Labradors seem to be one of the more common breeds to have a sheath that has an opening that is too small, which for some reason causes the penis to stay erect. It would be a bright red.

But, you could also be talking about prepuce inflamation which is a disorder and can be treated with pills. It isn't dangerous at all. Only this disorder comes with a yucky secretion.
    I've been BOO'd!

Now that I think of it, it is on the sheath and not the prepuce. The growth/sore/whatever is right on the end of that sheath and not the prepuce. I am hearing transmittable venereal tumor (TVT) from friends of mine. I have never heard of dogs having venreal diseases, especially neutered animals. We have a vet appointment tomorrow. Hopefully pills will take care of it and not the radition and chemo I am hearing.

The call to the vet describing his problem was one of the most awkward I have had in a while.

Thanks for your replies.

Are you sure that it's a lump and not just his penis? The penis would be a birght red or pink and would be pointy at the end.

People are probably wondering why I know this....
    I've been BOO'd!

I am 100% sure that it is not on his penis. It is on his sheath. And it is a lump right at the end of the sheath and now it looks a bit ulcerated.

I got a really good look at it...more than i ever wanted ---believe me.

Lol, erg. Don't ya love pets? I just had to bring my cat in for anal gland problems...so lovely. I've never heard of that before. Keep us updated!

Thank you Wolfie!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    People are probably wondering why I know this....
    Wasn't going to ask Jordan, wasn't going to ask.

I've never heard of that before either...good luck, and please keep us updated!

I will report back tonight after my wife takes him to the vet. She said that if they do anything "invasive" down there and she has to be of assitance that I owe her.

Like this is my fault

Thanks everyone. I guess this will be educational if anything

Got back from the vet and they think it is a pimple. They said boy dogs can get this because the sheath is moist and this can cause some "blemishing".

Glad it wasn't that tumor talk but we still are doing a urine sample and if it does not clear up in few days then they will express it and see what is going on more in-depth.

Wow, I've never heard of that before.
    I'm glad it wasn't a tumor, I hope your lab get's well soon!

Now a new issue. The growth seemed to have gone but is now back. Plus, in his "excited state", his member seems to have a yellowish color to it and as it used to just look pink or red. is this smegma? Or an infection?

Thank goodness for the internet. This would be a rough verbal conversation for me in regards to my dogs genitals