Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Update(11/30/03 at 12:00PM PST)

Joey Update(11/30/03 at 12:00PM PST)

I thought that I would start a new thread rather then making you all search for my latest update in 3 pages of posts.

I should thank you individually, and when this is over I will. However, for now thank you all. Again I really appreciate all of the prayers and good thoughts for my Joey girl. I think they are helping. Also, I really appreciate all of the very kind comments for me.

Well, I just got back from the vet and the good news is that the xrays they took at one this morning shows that the gas that they saw yesterday had moved some. So, they didn't do the barium, I am sure that they the Joey liked that part. The doctor also saw some stuff that made her a little nervous like the spleen. She said that is not good as they should not be able to see that in an xray. She also did have a small stool early this morning also and it was not diarrhea. Sorry to be gross, the bad side is that it was still bloody. On the not so good side they still do not know if it is over, nor do they know exactly what is wrong. They are also continuing her on a course of anitibiotics. It may not be helping alot with what is wrong, but it will help keep any possibly complications from showing up. So overall, she seems to be better,yea. However, we still don't know what it is so we may not be out of the woods.

The doctor gave me a couple of choices an agressive and a conservitive actions. Read this as an expensive and a cheaper course of action. Well, we worked out a middle of the road. From here they are going to wean her off of the fluids and see if they can get her to eat some bland foods. A wait and see sort of thing and she if she improves today. If she does not show any signs of improvment by about 5:00 or 6:00 tonight, we go with the more agressive. It doesn't involve surgery yet, thanks God. They are going to do some pretty intensive blood tests, and then tomorrow they will do an ultrasound. This will give a much better picture and they can see alot more internal organs and tell really how bad the intestinal walls really are.

The good part is that they brought her out for me to cuddle with. She is definately more alert today, but still is not fully well. She let me hold her for half an hour. That is the longest that she has ever let me hold her. She had slept on me, but we have never cuddled like that. We also did some eye kisses. I still felt really bad having to hand her back to the doctor to go back to her cage. I am however happy that she got to see me and knows that I am still sround and haven't abandon her. It doesn't make her stiuation much easier, but I hope that it helped.

Well, that is about it. Not alot of news, but it is all that's all I have at this point. I will have more tonight.

Thank you and continue to keep Joey in your thoughts and prayer as I know that you will.
    Last edited by CatDad; 11-30-2003 at 02:19 PM.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Thinking of Joey, get well soon honey

Joey will be in our thoughts and prayers until she is well and home again.

The hardest part is not knowing what is really wrong with her. I hope these next set of tests will determine that.

I'm so glad that she let you cuddle with her. This is exactly what she needed, and it does help her a lot, knowing that her daddy hasn't abandoned her.

Get well soon sweetheart.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Joey - please get well soon!

(((HUGS)))

Julie

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you were able to cuddle her and help her feel better. Fingers crossed that the vet finds the cause of her problems soon.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Thanks for the update, Bryan. Glad you were able to have a cuddle, I am sure it helped her a lot.

Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Get well soon sweet girl.
    Hugs
    Chris

Oh Bryan - I am sure that the snuggle time was good medicine for both of you! Thank you for the update and keep us informed OK? Take care of yourself as well.

Bryan,

I am so sorry to hear about Joey. You and Joey will be in my thoughts and prayers.

If you need to chat, catch me on aol IM. I'm here.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers on the way for you and Joey from me too.
    Could you leave one of your old shirts (unwashed) there for her to snuggle on? It may comfort her and make her feel you are near by.

Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    Prayers on the way for you and Joey from me too.
    Could you leave one of your old shirts (unwashed) there for her to snuggle on? It may comfort her and make her feel you are near by.
    Oh I think the shirt thing is a great idea! Glad you got to hold her for a while, made you both feel better. Keeping our clawed paws crossed for you Joey girl! The kitty angels will watch over you till your ready to go back home with Daddy and Bob!!

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Oh sweet Joey .... thank you for letting your Daddy cuddle with you for so long. You truly know how he loves you, and you love him as well! So glad that you are showing some signs of improvement, sweet girl .... you just keep getting better for us!

WE LOVE YOU!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Hopefully you will have a diagnosis soon, and that it will not be anything serious . . . I'm sure the cuddle time helped you and Joey to feel much better. My thoughts and prayers continue for you both. {{HUGS}}
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Poor Joey. I bet you miss her like crazy. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'll be thinking of her.

Positive thoughts being sent out for Joey's recovery!!! It's so hard when you are separated from your furkid. I remember when Nakita had to go get spayed and I was crying like a baby even though I knew it had to be done!

I'm sure you will have a diagnosis soon and all this worry will be a distant memory. It would be so much easier if cats could talk and tell you exactly what is wrong instead of all the guessing and tests that need to be done.

Don't worry about rambling here, if it will help you get through Bryan. We have all done it at one point or another and it helps to share the feelings with people who care!

Keep us updated when you get more news.

Kass
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Dear Joey and Bryan, I know the cuddle time was good for both of you. I hope that a diagnosis will soon be made and treatment started to make Joey well again. You have our heartfelt thoughts and prayers Bryan, so hang in there for your baby.
    Steffi and Lovable