Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Story

Story

Does anyone mind if I start a story for ya'll to read? I entered a writing contest and I had an idea in mind. Does anyone care if I share it with ya'll It is pretty interesting sounding. I just don't want to be a coppy catter of anybody that has written stories on here.

BTW: ILoveMyAbbyGirl, I am not trying to copy you. I love your stories. I wish that I could write like you. I am just practicing I suppose. I hope that you don't mind.

Post away!

LOL... I don't mind at all, everyones doing it. It's fun, I like seeing everyone's writing styles. I don't like being... asked if people can post stories... It's a free world! I don't like all the attention being brought to me.

I'm ready!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Ok, it is about barrel racing. I hope that noone gets bored to death. lol

I don't like kisses from grandmas and I don't like it when family that you haven't seen in a while tell you how you've grown. I am a hard working girl, and I have no time for family kisses and such. I work at the stables. It aint no clean job either. I am not a clean girl. I am not the nice and neat type, and I don't have your girly table manners. I don't listen to classical music, I prefer country. I would rather roll in the mud then go to some dance anyday. I am a rough,hardtalkin, lonestar girl.
    I go out to the stables twice a day to care for all of the horses, pigs, chickens, mules, etc. I work with a cowboy about my age. His name is Tim. I try to ignore him because I am boy shy. I can't talk to them. I take my dog out there with me and she rounds up the sheep. She is a rough haired collie. Her name is Molly.
    When I went out to the barn thi morning, I found 2 snakes under a hay bale. I could hear something under there. It only shocked me when I picked up the bale. I grabbed a shovel that was laying against the tack room and pointed it at the snakes. I couldn't kill them. I might not love kisses, but I do love animals, and I will take a kiss from an animal anyday. Even knowing snakes are the thing I fear most, I called for Tim and let him do away with them. My boss said that we had to keep snakes out of the barn.
    The old cowdog came out with me on my morning ride. His name is Duke. Molly is his girlfriend. I don't really know what I was looking for when I rode my horse out on the trails. I guess I just felt like taking a ride. It was beautiful all through the trails. I loved it. It was the beginning on Fall and I loved the smell.
    I felt my horse speeding up all of a sudden. I was lost in the daze of Fall beauty so I had to shake myself out of it. By the time I did, my horse was almost at a fast trot. I heard something behind us. I figured that it was the dogs. I let her go a little faster. We were then in a lope. I could hear the thing more strongly now. I looked behind us. I saw the dogs, but they were very far behind. I couldn't hear them. I then noticed that the sound was coming from right beside me. Through the woods somewhere I supposed. I let her go on to a gallop and then....

bump

what is it? hurry up and write more!
    oh yeah! whats the girls name?

I couldn't see anything clearly. Everything was blurry. The next thing I knew I hit the ground, and then.... Laughter? Right then I knew what had happened, and I felt like hurting someone.
    As I rose to the ground, the laughter stopped. I walked slowly toward the part of the woods that I heard it in. There was a big, huge, bushy looking thing right in front of me. I walked around it. There, I found Tim and one of his friends.I sat there waitin for them to explain, but they didn't have to. I already knew what had happened.
    " Spit it out" I said harshly. Tim started first.
    Well.... We were getting bored and we saw that you were heading out toward the woods. So we jumped on my horse and followed slowly on the trail right by yours.... They were already chuckling.Then what? I asked. We carried a small bag of tiny rocks and sort of threw them at your horse. They busted out laughing. I looked down at them smiling. You thought that was funny huh? They laughed harder. Then I guess that you will think that this is funny too. I jumped on Tim's horse and took off. I needed to catch up with my horse.Plus, now Tim had to walk all the way home. He had a good 6 mile walk ahead of him.
    I caught up with my horse and jumped down off of Tim's horse. I walked up slowly and grabbed her. I tied Tim's horse to my saddle and we headed home.
    I got back around 11:00 A.M. I didn't see Tim and his friend on the way back. I took the saddles off of the horses and brushed them. When I walked in the house my momma's face looked really pale. Tim was laying on the kitchen floor wrapped in some blankets. He looked so cold and sick. What's wrong with Tim?I asked. My mom looked over at me and I looked on the table. There, lay a ....... That answered my question.

Her name is Shannon.

BTW: Does anyone want to be in my story?

Originally posted by petlover
    She is a rough haired collie. Her name is Molly.
    Ahaha...that sounds a little familar.

I just had to! Daisy is goin to come in too! I meet her at a.... Wait, am I getting ahead of myself? Luv your doggies!

I just had to! Daisy is goin to come in too! I meet her at a.... Wait, am I getting ahead of myself? Luv your doggies!
    Thanks!
    More of the story, please!

There lay a dead snake. It was a deadly one. I could tell by the look of it's head. I looked up worringly. My mom said that his chances of survival looked hopeless.
    I prayed for another hour. I prayed and prayed and prayed. All of our neighbors were over trying to help. Noone called the emergency room because it was so far away. They would never get here in time.I would miss him if he died. He may not have been a friend, but he was ok. I would miss having him around is all.
    The sun began to move down below the trees. I felt a tear drift down my cheek as Tim took his last breath. Then he was gone. There were no last words, and no facial expression. There was nothing. It was like he didn't even know that he was dying.Or maybe he was dead before his his life was really over. I just wish I knew why God took him so young.
    We buried him on a Saturday. I took Molly because she always sort of liked him. She couldn't understand why we were putting him in the ground that she dug in. I tried to explain it to her, but she didn't understand.
    After the funeral I took Molly out to practice sheep herding. She had a sheep herding competition on Tuesday.She had been looking good, but I wanted to test her a little bit more. She followed all of my commands. She didn't let one lamb get out of the herd. She did perfect.
    The next day is when Tim's friend came along. He was a cowboy. Nice boots, nice hat, real good lookin.
    Hi. I said anciously. Hello. he said back. I was kind of surprised that I could even talk to him. Who are you? I asked. I am Tim's friend. I know that, but what is your name? Levi Randall. I sort of looked up and smiled and said " Well, I'm Shannon." He smiled back.

Is it getting boring? If it is don't worry. I will get it interesting again. By the Way, GoldenRetrLuver... Daisy is coming up in the next post.

That's good!
    More!

Her name is Shannon.
    YAY!!!! i've never been in a story before! She's even alittle like me! i would've taken his horse too and stuff!