Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Story

I am sorry about Tim. I said quietly. It must have been horrible seeing him get bitten. " It wasn't very pleasent." he said quickly under his breath. I just got up and walked off.
    The next day I was getting Molly ready for her sheep herding competition, and Levi came up again. This time he had a dog. She looked like a golden retriever, but I wasn't sure. I tried to ignore them. But, I just had to breack the silence.
    " Is that your dog?" I asked willingly. Yep. Is she a golden retriever? I asked again.
    All I got was yep. ( Boys and their stupid replys. )
    What do you use her for? I asked. Well, she herds sheep. he replyed sharply. I sort of chuckled and looked at the golden. She herds sheep? I chuckled again. She is a golden retriever, and I have NEVER EVER herd of a golden herding sheep. He sort of looked at me like I was crazy. Can you show me?I asked. Sure. Can I borrow your sheep? I thought for a moment, and then just gave up and said yes.
    Before he walked off to start herding sheep, I just had to ask...
    What's her name?

i think he thinks it's her fault tim got bite.

---don't mind my crazy predictions...i always look for hidden meanings and stuff

I think that is what he thinks too.

I know her name!

More please!

yeah! more please!

Her name is Daisy. ( You knew it didn't you GoldenRetrLuver?)
    I watched in amazement as she herded the sheep one by one into the shute. When they were done I was speechless. She was such a beautiful golden, and she was very good at herding sheep. But, then I looked at Molly. Molly was just as good of a sheep herder.
    Are you going to be in the sheep herding competition? he asked.
    Yes. Molly and I are entered. He looked at Molly, and kind of gave a " You are kidding right?" look. What is wrong with Molly? I asked. Nothing, she just looks a little skiddish. I looked up in anger. We will see who's skiddish at the competition.

BTW: Sorry it was so short, I have to hurry off to homeschool.

More!

more! Tim is a meany!

Is this story about Molly and Daisy? LOL

( It is Levi that's a meanie. Tim is dead.)

I gave Molly a bath, and I put a bandana on her neck. She looked really pretty. I brushed her one last time. " You are such a pretty girl Molly." I said quietly. She looked up and barked in agreement. I laughed so hard that I was almost on the ground. She understood my every word. " You will beat Daisy." I know you will.

I walked Molly down to the competition grounds about 5 hours early. I wanted to be there before anyone else. I wanted to get a good look at the course and let Molly get used to the surroundings. I saw the sheep in the chute and went to pet them. Molly came over and started nipping and crouching down at the sheep. No Molly. I said sternly. Save it until the competition.
    People started arriving one by one. I registered in, and I talked to all of the dogs and their owners. I was #64. I was in the first class. Levi on the other hand, was # 67, and he was in the 3rd class.
    First class was called. There was 2 people in front of me. I waited with the other 1st classers.
    The first competitor was a border collie. She let 2 sheep out of the group, and there was not a firm pattern. There were some sheep here and some sheep there. The second competitor was a gray sheltie. It was really good, but once it got the sheep in the chute one got away.
    It was then my turn. Molly and I headed out there and stood quietly while they released the sheep. Molly stood up and growled. I kindly laid my hand on her tail end, and pushed down so that she would sit. The man gave me the signal to let her go, and moved out of the way.
    After that, I saw everything in slow motion. I heard the loud speaker, and even saw the sheep move slowly. I felt dizzy. I tried to shake myself out of it and looked down at Molly. I reached my hand to the hook of her leash and unlatched it. I raised my hand for the signal to go and Molly was off.
    The last thing that I saw was Molly getting the sheep into a group, and then....

More!
    Ahah, I wonder what the *real* Molly would do if she saw some sheep.

and then...

I fell. All that I could hear, was people talking over me. I could also hear the loud speaker. I couldn't tell what anyone was saying, but I knew that they were people. The last thing that I felt before I went uncontious was Molly licking my face.
    A few people from the competition hurried me down to the emergency room. The doc never found anything wrong with me. I sat in the hospital bed, waiting to die. But, I never did. When I woke up in the hospital bed, I looked around and didn't see anything but a large blanket on the chair, and Molly laying down in the corner. I grabbed the remote by my bed and flipped through the channels until I found Animal Planet.
    I was watching " That's My Baby", and the blanket moved! I looked at it hard and it didn't move. I figured it was just my imagination. I kept watching tv, but I kept glancing over at the blanket in the chair... It moved AGAIN! Now this time I knew that I saw what I thought that I saw.
    I walked over to the chair and pulled the blanket off of the chair. I was startled at the sight of Levi sitting in it. Levi! I yelled in anciously. He jumped out of the chair and looked like he had been bitten by a snake.
    " Mornin Sunshine." he said teasingly. Yeah right. I grinned. Get out of my chair. He moved and I sat down in it. Molly came over licked my hand. I looked up sharply with a worried look on my face. How did Molly do? I asked worringly. She did fine. He replyed with ease. Did she finnish the competition? No, she was too worried about you. But, they did schedule the competition for another date. Since you weren't there anyway.
    Why did they post poll the competition? I asked anciously. Because, I slipped some strings and they said that it would be ok. I thought for a minute.
    How come you are being nice to me all of a sudden. He grinned and looked up. I don't know. he replyed. I guess your prettiness has taken over my mind.

BTW: GoldenRetrLuver, I think that Molly would probably growl at the sheep and keep a far distance!

hehe

Originally posted by petlover
    BTW: GoldenRetrLuver, I think that Molly would probably growl at the sheep and keep a far distance!

hehe
    Who knows lol

More please!

I could feel myself blushing and I looked down. I smiled while looking down. I looked up again with the smile still on my face.
    At that time, my parents walked in, and Levi walked out. I could tell that he was just as surprised as I was at the sound of his words. Those words kept on playing in my head. They sometimes played so loudly that I couldn't hear what my parents were saying. I felt silly and smiley for the rest of the day. I was acting more like a cheerleader than a hard-tough cowgirl. I tried to knock myself out of it, but I couldn't. I had a crush on him.
    The next day while I was in the barn feeding my horses, I went through the erands that I had to run.

Put check in savings, stop at store get dog food, etc.
    About the time that I was done saddling my horse, I heard hoofs running down to the barn. I figured that a horse had gotten loose and I was fixing to hav to jump on my horse and run after it. It was only Levi. I looked up and smiled and said " Hello Stranger." He said " No time!" We have to go. The exitement in his voice just made me very ancious to hear what he had to say.
    " Where do you want to go?" I asked anciously. Just jump on your horse and I'll show you. I saddled more quickly than before, and I jumped on. We galloped all across the fields, until we reached the local arena and fair grounds. I stared until I could see what was going on.
    I gasped at the sight of trailers and LOTS of people. Levi looked over at me and smiled. " Should we go for it? he asked excitingly.
    Yes, yes we should. I replyed anciously.
    Race you there. He replyed quickly taking off.