Thread: The start of a new story...

The start of a new story...

I know I KNOW! I haven't finished the other one yet, but when things pop into my head, I need to write them down before I lose them. So here's the start of a new story.

We are five-year-olds. Perfect examples of little girls. Courageous, energetic and loyal to eachother. My name is Grace and she is April. Our parents are the best of friends, and I think we inherited that from them. Let's wander back in time and see how it all got started.
    It was their senior year at Merriam High School. Merriam was like any other school; their school colors were red and blue, and to get the theme going, their lockers were blue and half were red. Roxanne's locker stuck right in the middle of Nowhere's Land: in otherwords, the "ghetto" of the school locker system.
    Roxanne was everyone's friend. She talked to the geeks, the nerds, the popular kids. She could befriend anyone if she tried. She was a huge animal rights activist, cared for everyone and everything. Roxanne was also considered popular even though that was the last thing she wanted. Her mission in her senior year was to become friends with ''the unthinkable''.
    Enter Andrea, the rockin' rebel without a cause. She was what everyone called "Atrocious Andrea". Andrea sported a nice nose ring, two eyebrow rings, and she also had her bellybutton pierced. In Merriam High, that was over socially unacceptable. She spoke not a single word to anyone. She hated everyone and everything. If Roxanne remembered correctly, she had not even heard this girl speak unless it was mouthing off to teachers.
    The school was terribly old. Roxanne's parents even went here. That was definately a sign that the school was aging fast. Roxanne marched to math class on one of the last weeks before finals. She sat in her normal seat, front row of the class room, middle seat. She liked being the teachers pet.
    Andrea was also in Roxanne's math class. She usually sat in the back of the class, but occasionally had to deal with the consequences of coming late by sitting in the front row, corner seat. Legend has it, whoever sat there was doomed to fail that class. Not in Roxanne's entire Merriam High life had she seen anyone sit there except Andrea.
    Today Andrea had to sit in front again, because she got to school late. She didn't care how late she came, but she was usually at school. She slumped down low in her seat, sticking her long legs out in front of her desk. She was wearing the usual outfit of torn-up jeans and a skimpy shirt that showed most of her upper half. She had a really annoying habit of tapping her ink-black nails on her desk all period. She tapped her nails on the desk with one hand and twirled her hair through her fingers on the other hand.
    "Andrea, number one on the board please." the math teacher, Mr. Dubinski, asked her. He should know by now that she would never go and do a problem on the board.
    "No." she replied, not even bothering to look up and see his reaction. She knew it was the same everytime.
    "If she's declined every time, Doob, she obviously CAN'T." Mike said from the back of the room. He and his "posse" cracked up laughing. To our surprise, Andrea turned around, her ink-black hair swooshing into her face. She tapped her fingernails on the back of the chair. She slid out from her desk and walked to the board. Pushing as hard as she could on the tiny piece of chalk, she completed the whole problem, showing her steps and all. She threw the chalk back onto the ledge of the chalkboard and walked slowly back to her seat, glaring at Mike the whole time.
    "Correct, Miss Stefano. Very good. Thank you for finally deciding to show your talent." he said, returning to the blackboard. Andrea sat down, still glaring at Mike.
    "Sorry to burst your bubble, Mike. I'm not stupid." she said, and then turned around and slumped back in her chair. Mike looked ready to pass out. Roxanne just smiled.
    "Good job!" Roxanne whispered across the room to Andrea. Andrea just rolled her eyes and continued twirling her hair. The class was ackwardly quiet afterwards.
    After class, Roxanne ran up to Andrea.
    "I wanted to congratulate you on standing up to Mike. I know he can be intimidating at--"
    "I was never intimidated by him. He's a jerk." Andrea said, cutting off Roxanne's compliment. "Listen. I have no friends and it's awfully nice of you to try and talk to me, but we are two VERY different people, "Roxie". Stick to your own kind." She walked away.
    Roxanne just stood there. She wasn't going to let this ruin her day. She told herself to try later, maybe at lunch. She stopped mid-thought, looking at the clock. Passing time was almost over. She needed to get to Biology. She raced down the hall and got to class just as the teacher started announcements. Perfect timing. Roxanne was always perfect.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

wow! that's really good!

Keep it comin! Luvin it!

Great story! Keep it coming!

Lunch finally came around and Roxanne entered the tiny cafeteria, searching for Andrea. Roxanne knew that Andrea usually sat alone, she just didn't know where ''alone'' was. Roxanne clutched her bag in her hand and went off to find Andrea.
    She finally spotted her in line for lunch. Roxanne knew "cutting" in line was bad, but she'd make it less obvious.
    "Hi Andrea!" Roxanne said, jumping up in line with her. "How are you?"
    "What do you want from me? You don't know me and probably never will. Get over it." Andrea said, turning and facing the head of the line again.
    "Well I want to get to know you. Give me a chance, Andrea." Roxanne pleaded. Roxanne wanted to show everyone that Andrea had a heart.
    "Whatever." Andrea replied. She picked up and tray and the head cook dropped some ravioli onto the main portion of it. At least they thought it was ravioli. You could never tell in a stone-aged school. They got their food and Roxanne followed Andrea to a table way in the back of the cafeteria. Andrea sat down closest to the window and Roxanne sat across from her. Roxanne just pushed her tray away. The "ravioli" didn't look too appetizing.
    "So, I was wondering. Would you like to try and be friends? I'd like to get to know you." Roxanne asked. Andrea didn't answer.
    "Well let's hang out after school today. It's a Friday. How bout it?" Roxanne asked, looking directly into Andrea's eyes. "Please?"

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I am starting to like one of your stories again. And what did Andrea say?

"Well let's hang out after school today. It's a Friday. How bout it?" Roxanne asked, looking directly into Andrea's eyes. "Please?"
    "If it will make you happy. My god." she said. Andrea was easily annoyed.
    "Great. Meet me in the parking lot after school. We can use my car." Roxanne said, buzzing with excitement. Roxanne had befriended the Atrocious Andrea.
    The end of the day came slowly but surely. Roxanne was waiting in the parking lot next to her car. She was anxiously looking all over for Andrea. Finally, she was spotted.
    "Over here!" she cried. Andrea closed her eyes and walked over to Roxanne's beat-up car. Roxanne climbed in and Andrea slowly sat down and slumped into the seat, like she always did. Andrea looked around. Roxanne had peace sign stickers on the back window, bead's hanging from the rear-view mirrors, and fuzzy seat covers. Andrea closed her eyes and breathed in the smell of strawberries. She had a strawberry air conditioner.
    "Quite the car." Andrea said, resting her elbow on the window. Roxanne threw her bags in the back of the car and started the engine. Andrea noticed her thousand keychains on the keyring. She just rolled her eyes as they pulled out of the parking lot.
    "So, what do you want to do?" Roxanne asked Andrea. Andrea turned on the radio. She flipped it to a hard rock station and turned it up loud to drown out Roxanne's voice.
    "Let's go to the mall!" Roxanne yelled over the music. Andrea nodded. They pulled into another parking lot and Roxanne grabbed her purse from the backseat. "Let's go!" she said.
    They walked into the huge mall. They had every store you could think of. It was bustling with people.
    "Mind if I stop here?" Andrea asked, pointing to the Hot Topic store. The store was brand new, just came a week ago.
    "Sure!" Roxanne said uneasily. They wandered in; rock music blaring in the background. Andrea looked at some shirts.
    "This would look great on you." Andrea said to Roxanne as they passed a t-shirt rack. She held up a tiny shirt with a bunny on it. Underneath the bunny it said, 'You suck and that's sad.'
    "Seriously, try it on." she said, shoving Roxanne into a dressing room and throwing the top over the door. Roxanne slipped it on and stepped back out so Andrea could see.
    "Great." she said, adjusting the shirt so it showed Roxanne's innie belly button. "I like it on you." Roxanne looked in the mirror. To her surprise, it didn't look half bad.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I think that they are going to become really good friends.

"Should I get it?" Roxanne asked, still looking at herself in the mirror.
    "Definately. I'll be your friiiend.." Andrea mocked. "You're an alright kid. Annoying, but alright." she said, laughing. Roxanne beamed with happiness. Regal Roxanne and Atrocious Andrea. Who would have thought that they would be friends?
    Andrea helped her pick out two more shirts and a sweatshirt, all with Happy Bunny on them. He was kinda cute. Roxanne and Andrea left about an hour later, Roxanne happy to have made friends with her, and Andrea, well, we will never know what Andrea thinks.
    Andrea and Roxanne became really great friends that day. Roxanne slowly became transformed into a person that slightly resembled Andrea. She wore belly shirts and torn up jeans. She just didn't like the idea of getting her nose and eyebrows pierced.
    As the year came to a close, that's when Roxanne met James. He was voted "Most Popular" in all four years. How he had noticed Roxanne, of all people, was always a mystery. He had come up to her one day and asked her to the Farewell dance at the end of the year.
    "I-i-i... I would l-l-love to!" She stammered. James ended up kissing her on the cheek before he left and he left Roxanne in a state of shock.
    "Rox? What is your prob?" Andrea asked, poking Roxanne's stomach. "You looked stunned or something." she said, laughing.
    "Guess who just asked me to the dance?!" Rox cried, jumping up and down.
    "James?" Andrea replied, almost positive it was him. Roxie had had her eyes on him forever.
    "Hmm, how'd you know?" Roxie said, laughing. "Are you going with Dylan?"
    "Probably. I can't believe I'm actually going. I've never gone to a dance in my entire life. Want to girl-itize me this weekend? Make it look like I at least tried to act like a girl?" she asked.
    "Why not. You have a dress? You can borrow my black one." Roxie said as they walked to math together.
    "Cool, thanks." Andrea said. Roxie and Andrea had new seats together in the back of the room. They laughed and whispered during class because they had a substitute who looked over a hundred years old. He couldn't hear a thing.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

More please.

It was the dreaded day of the dance. Andrea was over at Roxie's house, trying dresses on.
    "I love the black one on you." Roxie said to Andrea while putting her lipstick on.
    "I thought so too. But what about the red one?" she asked. Andrea was really nervous. Roxie could tell. "I don't know!" she cried.
    "Black." Roxie replied casually.
    "Ok, black." It was as simple as that. Roxie did Andrea's newly died auburn hair. Then they stood together and looked in the mirror.
    "Gorgeous." Roxie said.
    "Girly.." Andrea muttered.
    "Dylan will love it, so you will put up with it!" Roxie laughed. "Besides, it's only for a few hours. It'll be fine. You look great." Roxie hugged her. "Let's go!" she said, smiling. They drove in Roxie's car and arrived shortly after, to the streamer-dressed school, inside and out.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

it good! you really have talent! more please