Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lower back pain/bad dreams

I just spent 3 nights surrounded by 3 dogs. Usually Chester sleeps curled next to me and we either spoon or we’re butt to butt.

Well hubby was out of town and Aneko (who usually sleeps next to him) flung herself on top of my legs at every opportunity. Millie (usually at the foot of the bed) had to be next to me, but on the opposite side of Chester. I spent 3 nights completely immobile. As soon as I got one settled away from me on the other side of the bed, another would wake and fling their body across me, or try to give me french kisses. Every time one of the girls moved Chester growled. We don’t have these problems when my husband is home.

Needless to say, I’m bordering on exhaustion.

If I had to do this every night, everyone would be in crates. I say, move him.

I have Gout in my left foot and JJJ3 has decided that he will lie on it. Now the last thing that I need is 15 pounds of Cat on my foot! But he means well , so I let him rest.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I suffer in my recliner in the evenings and I suffer pretty much all night long from kitty bodies causing me to be a contortionist!!! We only have two that sleep in the bed but I get totally pinned down with one on each side. I told myself long ago that I must be insane to lose sleep and suffer just so I don't disturb the furballs! I have been doing better now about moving them out of my way but they just come back!!! I keep reminding myself that I have to work all day while they sleep and that eases my guilt about making them move. As long as it's dark I can move them but if the light is on and they are in one of those adorable sleeping poses then I'm screwed because I can't move them!!

BRATS...BRATS...BRATS!!! How trained are we????? Does anyone think that they think twice about waking us up when they want us out of the bed!! Of course not...they had a good nights sleep

In our Humane Soceity newsletter, they had a "Cat Facts" section and this one reminded me of you Richard.

The prophet Mohammed, the founder of the Moslem religion, loved cats so much that he once cut the sleeve from his robe to avoid disturbing his cat which had gone to sleep in his arms.

It's funny you mentioned it...One time I had a nightmare that my leg was cut off. First, it was a horrible pain, then I could barely feel it except a little tingling. I woke up crying to discover Ron AND Raven laying on it. lol. I guess they laid just right on a nerve or artery because it hurt so bad!

Thank you Wolfie!

My son fell asleep on the couch the other night... he eventually went to his own bed in the middle of the night. Was it because the couch is uncomfortable? Nope, because it wasn't big enough for him and Allen... rather than moving Allen he got up and went to bed!

I've left the TV on a channel I didn't care to watch because cats were piled on top of me on the sofa and I couldn't reach the remote.

Most of the time Thumper will move but when she is being stubbern she will allow mom only a smig of edge of the bed. So mom does her twisted routine and goes to sleep. Most of the time she sleeps between hubby and I or at the foot of our bed.

Originally posted by CatsinDenver
    I've left the TV on a channel I didn't care to watch because cats were piled on top of me on the sofa and I couldn't reach the remote.
    **choke** **choke** **spit** **spit**
    Now that's dedication....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Cubby lays his head right on my legs at night. If it isn't his head it is some other body part of his. What I do is slowly move my leg turn over and put my other leg where that one was. He lifts up his head so he can have his little 'perch' back under his head. If I move to many times he will come up next to me and put me to sleep over and over and over. After I get in the right position to sleep he is back on my legs. When my husband wakes up to go to work, I have the bed to my self for once. I toss and turn the way I want to with out moving slowly. I can always feel Cubby when he comes back to bed. Instead of laying down gracefully he plops right down. At times it feels like he fell on top of me but thats the way he likes to get comfortable. Also if I can't turn over I reach down and pick Cubby up and putting him next to me so I can pet him. He will lay there for about 10 minutes then go lay on my legs again.

I would move over or turn over if I were you.

Katie

My Terra insists on sleeping on my stomach, hip or bum, whichever one is facing up at the time. When I need to move, I just move and she's learned to walk as I move like a lumberjack on a floating log.

We can't have the cats sleeping on the bed - Don has a bad back and with my arthritis in knees and hips - we need every inch we can get!!
    Ms Bagel however, can be everso crafty sometimes and hides under the bed - until the light is switched off and all of a sudden there's a tiny 'plop' as she lands on the bed and cuddles at the side of me - but not on me! However, about 2am I get a little kiss on the nose - which is her way of saying 'OK Mum - want to go down now'!!

All I can say Richard is - the cat has to go elsewhere to sleep - you don't want ongoing back pain - it's the worst thing.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Yes well when Ash decides to sit on anyone, its like oh I can't move I have the cat on me, if its requested the person do something, like one just cannot move the cat, even though my advice to Richard is MOVE THE CAT, I am as guilty as the rest of you, lol.

On a more serious note, I would move the cat, as back pain is very debilitating, I agree with lynnstankard here, if the price for the pleasure of having a happy kitty is pain, then some compromise has to take place, good luck richard .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole

On a more serious note, I would move the cat, as back pain is very debilitating, I agree with lynnstankard here, if the price for the pleasure of having a happy kitty is pain, then some compromise has to take place, good luck richard .

I can run in my dreams-they have become quite pleasant and my back pain is gone!!!

Why, I can tap dance now............without ever having lessons....

actually it's more like 'dancing under the influence'...
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    ...............actually it's more like 'dancing under the influence'...
    Have you opened the bar already then Richard????!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx