Thread: RIP Thor, you left me much too soon :(

RIP Thor, you left me much too soon :(

My life with pets keeps going downhill. First Thor the cat had to euthanized, Mystic is currently missing, and last night I had to say bye to my beloved ratty Thor. He went to Rainbow Bridge last night in my arms at around 1:36 am. Much too soon, he had so much life in him! He just sired, or I am hoping, a new litter of ratties. He was one of my favorite boys, the lickiest of the whole bunch. Just so licky! If I asked him to give mommy a kiss he would come over and lick me.

Last night I was up late to see if maybe I heard Mystic yowling outside since he has been missing now for four days. The ratty boys started fighting so I went to the cage, and went to grab Thor the trouble maker. He was scared, and I just grabbed him and all of a sudden he started to pee all over me. He never does that. I think I scared him and he thought I was mad at him. I put him in the "time out" cat carrier and he wasn't moving. I was like what the hell? I blew on him but he didn't move, and then I put my finger inside and touched his head, nothing. I don't understand. How could he just die in like one second? He must have had a heart attack.

I took him out and tried to do CPR on him. I was rubbing him and rubbing, and pushing on his heart. I tried giving him some breaths but it didn't work. So I thought that if he had any life in him giving him a bath would surely wake him up, but it didn't. I bathed him while he was dead, dried him off, and then held him for a few hours just sitting at the computer crying. I still tried to revive him but nothing I did worked. I just don't understand. To top it off I think I blew too hard when I gave breaths because he had blood (yes it was actual blood) coming out of his nose. Unless something happened in the cage. I will go investigate in a little while. I just don't feel like doing anything right now.

RIP Thor, please please come back again some day. You touched me so much, your kisses will never be forgotten. YOU will always hold a very special place in my heart that no other rat could feel. I cared for you so much and now you're gone. I tried to save you, I did, I promise. I just don't understand, but I guess it was your time to go. Life isn't fair sometimes. You went too soon. I love you Thor and always will. You were my special little guy and could always chear me up. I am crying thinking of you. Please don't forget me, as I will never forget you.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Sorry to hear this news

I am so sorry ::hugs::

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

My heart is breaking for you Do you have a picture that we can remember him by?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

You can see a pic of him and also read about him here:

http://www15.brinkster.com/luckies4me/ThorofRMPR.html

I also made Mystic's lost cat sign today. You can see it here:

http://www15.brinkster.com/luckies4me/Mystic.html
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I'm so sorry. He was adorable. I'm sure he knows you did everything you could to save him, he knows without a doubt. He'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge with tongue and whiskers wagging.

Again, I am so sorry.

R.I.P. Little Thor

And come back soon Mystic, Mommy needs you.

Bart and Wiggum:
    In the Spotlight

Thor was a handsome guy. I am sorry you lost him so suddenly. I lost one of my kittens suddenly a few weeks ago and I know the pain you're going through. That happened right before my birthday too.

Great poster for Mystic. Try to put them up ALL over town, anywhere you can! Hundreds and hundreds of them
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

We are getting ready to put posters up as soon as we are done eating. I am hoping we will get a few calls.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

bump
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Cass: I burst into tears reading your story, especially the part about bathing him. I'm so so sorry and I wish there was something I could say or do to ease your pain. I'm sure Thor knew you were trying to save him, but God must have needed him for another task.

You've been through sooo much lately and I keep asking myself why life is so da** unfair. You don't deserve it. On the other hand, I do believe that we are never handed more than we can handle and I know you will get through this somehow. We are here to cry with you any time.

RIP Thor and please keep a watchful eye on Cass, and if you can, look out for Mystic and guide him home.

Big hugs coming to you Cass.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am so sorry to hear about Thor.
    I know how sad you are right now, and your post nearly made me cry. Thor knew how much you loved him, and still do.

Play hard at the bridge, dear Thor.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I hope he's getting fat on yogies right now!

I am still so sad over this. We may have a virus here, KRV. Killham's Rat Virus, which can cause sudden death in older rats and bleeding out. It also causes loss of litters in the womb, failure to concieve, and failure for babies to thrive after they are born. We are scheduled to have an Elisa test done next week, so will be awaiting test results. If we test positive we will need to quarantine for 6 months possibly. I won't be able to breed any litters, take in new rats or rescues. I am praying we have not be exposed to this. It is now all over the Northwest and several breeders have already had their rats come back positive for KRV and several other illness, including CARB. Please say a prayer that we DO NOT lose anymore rats, and that our test comes back clear. Most of the time however, KRV shows no symptoms, so it can hide in one's rattery for an extended period of time without the breeders knowledge.

I will have some idea if I have this once Honey's litter is born.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Cass, I'm crying right along with you You've suffered so much loss and saddness and my heart is breaking as I read your words. Sweet Thor was so lucky to have such a special and loving Mommy and you did everything possible to try and save him. As Cinder and Smokey would say, God must have needed two very special furangels to have taken kitty Thor and rattie Thor from you. I am hoping and praying with all of my might that Mystic is home with Mommy very soon HUGS to you Cass. I'm so very sorry Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh my goodness! Don't know how I missed this thread! My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry, to hear about your terrible loss. I'll also be praying that Mystic returns home safely.