Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you getting your furkids for Christmas?

What are you getting your furkids for Christmas?

I wish I could afford two nice big dog beds now that I'm pretty sure the dogs are old enough and wouldn't chew them up, but my husband and I are still paying off hefty college loans and we have to limit what we spend carefully. I may try to improvise and make something for them though, I'm still brainstorming.

Otherwise, I am going to get them these dental chews from Drs. Foster and Smith catalog:

I got a Souper size one a few months back and it is still around. Not only that, it is the absolute favorite chew toy for both dogs. They compete to get it and the "loser" has to make due with one of the nylabones laying around. I haven't seen anything like it in pet stores, and the corn starch bones are destroyed in an hour or so. I'd heartily recommend this product for any heavy chewers. My dogs just love it. In fact, Tommy is gnawing on it as I'm typing right now.

What are others planning to get for Christmas?
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I went out to buy the pups gifts yesterday. After I came home, Kai found the bag and started playing with the toy still in the package. I didn't have the heart to take it away since he already loved it. Then I cracked and opened the two packages of treats I bought LOL. I guess I haven't progressed one bit.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I'm getting a good big tug-o-war rope for them. The neighbor's dog Bob always passes them toys under the fence and Bob's rope is Dusty and Roxy's favorite.

Dick and I get ours something very small, because we know their Aunt Judy will send them Christmas packages. It's the same for her. She does small since she knows their Aunt and Uncle will go overboard. It's a joke that started a couple of years ago and we've just kept it up.

Last year she sent us this STUPID duck that quacked until October of this year. I wonder what I can do for her this year? Hmmmmm......I'm sure I can come up with something interesting.

Those dental chews are Chilli's favorite. She got a dinosaur one from me when I visited her, she loves it! Sadly, Mr. dinosaur's head was quite deformed when I was leaving. haha...

She has like 5 already in different sizes and shapes. haha...
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

I'm getting Rio lots of Jumbones and different treats, along with some stuffies/squeek toys.
    She's not learned how to open them on her own so I help her a little!
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

my dogs loves to chew i think ill get them a package of those dentle bones. and a new sweater for little bit he loves his other one so much that he drug it out of my closet today and brought it to me to put it on him lol it was so cute. But roxy and chewie will be happy with some new bones and a bag of treats there are not as spoiled as little bit lol
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

What am I getting my dogs?

TOO MUCH!!

Lol...so far I have several toys and treats....not done yet either...

I have one of those dental chews, a blue "dental dino" and Nebo loves it.

I think we're getting Rocky and Chloe their own big beds. We always find them trying to squeeze into a tiny bed we put in the backyard for Opie our cat when he's out there. I don't know why they try to fit in it when they have dog houses. For Precious, I'm not sure what I'm getting her yet. I think i'll get her some treats and these green tooth brush shaped bones that she loves. We got one in a bag at Pet Co when we dressed Chloe up for Halloween. Precious got a hold of it and loved it! She usually doesn't like chewing on things very much but she really liked these.

Ps. I attached a pic of chloe trying to get into the bed
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~Chelsea~

Probably some Booda Bimples, Venison treats, peanut butter cookies, a couple of stuffies, maybe a jacket or coat.

For Aneko, I have no idea. She has very few teeth, so chewies aren't really an option. She doesn't play (she's really old) and she has a newish bed already. Any suggestions? I know she'll get some Pupperonies. She loves those!

[email protected] is so cute!

I don't know what I'm getting Katie yet. I'm sure I will go overboard though. I keep telling my husband that I can't wait to go christmas shopping for Katie. He teases me and says I'm crazy. You wait and see though, he'll be right there beside me picking up a couple of items himself. He always does every time we go to the store.

This is our first Christmas with Katie and I'm really looking forward to it. She was a special blessing for us when we were going through a difficult time and she was there to help us through it. Christmas will be like the icing on my cake and I'm so excited!!!

Robin

I don't know yet what I'll get the kids, except too much! They already have a too many toys to fit in their toybox!!! I think they will get some new balls for outisde...maybe a soccerball and basketball...those should last Sadie at least 10 minutes!!!

Some new squeaky stuffy toys, rawhide treats, probably a nice jacket for our walks when it get's so cold out (that may even turn into an early Christmas present), and anything else that catches my eye that my precious can't live without

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

I got an "Octopus" chew toy - has 8 rope legs and a rope handle with a squeeky chewy body ........... and then I also got a "reward ball" - put food in and they play with it to get it out ......

I know Ruby will like both things ......... Captain, dunno. Sometimes he does, othertimes he thinks toys are BENEATH him .......
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I wish I could afford to buy some nice dog beds and like, two more of those Galieo's, Daisy LOVES Them! and so does Barkley, they fight over them. lol I Think I might get them one and they each get a HUGE cookie with a ribbon on it, lol, I have sooooo many people to shop for this year i can't believe it!!!!!! I don't know when this shopping is gonna stop!!!!!!!!!

Thanks For my Beautiful Sig. Fiachra!