Thread: New Pet and a near disaster

New Pet and a near disaster

Well I finally got my BF to cave in - I ordered a cage for my new pet as of Friday this week. I'll be getting a Redtailed Boa Constrictor. I'm fond of the Guyanan, as I like the coloring on their tails better (it's a deeper brick red - much more vivid), and they don't get as big as the Columbians...

As for the near disaster - well - the stupid timer I have set up on Prism's cage went nutso nutso on me - and somehow entered in some really bogus times to turn on and turn off - I know I never entered these, I don't know how the heck they got in there, but suffice to say it started running at 6:00 am today, and when my boyfriend woke up around 9:30, he saw that it was STILL RUNNING!!! He turned it off, but the cage is absolutely flooded.

I'm surprised the pump didn't blow a gasket - it's only rated to run for 5 minutes at a time, and here it was running for over 3 hours!!!

AAHHH!!!! Well - I'm using some of the substrate I have - it's called Bed-A-Beast and it comes in a brick - if you put it in water it absorbs it and puffs up - so I figured why not use it to absorb the water in the cage?

What a Sunday!
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

Meep! Poor wet Prism! Good luck getting it all fixed up!

and I'm still SOOOO jealous about the RTB!!!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Good gracious - it's a good thing he awoke when he did! Oh well, now when other animals complain about baths, Prism'll know what they're talking about!

Can't wait to see pics. I too use Bed a Beast for my gecko, and he loves it.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.