Thread: Adoptable Dogs at the Shelter

Adoptable Dogs at the Shelter

As usual this time of year, the shelter is overflowing with wonderful adoptable dogs. Some of the volunteers are fostering. I unfortuately cannot because of it would be too stressful for Penny Lane, but enough people were able to foster so that no dogs had to be put down. Thought I would post some pictures of a few of the sweethearts that are available.

This is Chyenne - she is a sweetheart of a dog about 3 years old. Very shy and scared in the shelter environment, but once you get her out of the kennel - she is just a love bug. All she wants to do is sit on your lap and cuddle.

This is Egypt - she is a Jack Russell/Whippet cross (we think) about 1 year old. She is very smart, learns commands very quickly. Walks well on a leash and doesn't pull. She loves giving kisses and would like nothing better than to sit on your lap.

This is Rocky - he is one of my favorites. He has a great personality but is full of energy. He is great with other dogs and if you ask him to sit he turns and sits right at your side and looks at you with the most adorable brown eyes. He loves children but would need to be in a home with older children due to his exuberance.

Another one of my favorites. This is Siam - she is a Dalmation mix - so of course she is another one that is full of energy. Once she gets out of the kennel, however, she will start walking nicely on the leash. Her favorite thing is to lean into you for scratches and pets.

This is Spook - he is a 3mo old Lab Mix. Very sweet and playful, but doesn't show any dominant traits. He just loves to play ball and go for walks. He is actually very mellow for a 3 month old Lab - doesn't try to jump too much and loves pets and scratches under the chin.

This is Ty - he is a 8 month old Shepard Mix. He was found with another dog who was adopted a few weeks ago, so he is very lonely. Very sweet and loving - just loves giving kisses.

Oh they are all beautiful! I wish we could take them all, but, alas, you guys all know why we can't. If they get adopted and it's out of town and you need a transport, let me know.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

they are all so cute!! I think Siam is my favorite with spook as a close second (gee, what a surprise!) Egypt is a little cutie too, and something in Ty's coloring reminds me of Kersey. I hope they all have homes for Christmas

More...-+

This is Buster - what a sweet dog - looks mean but he is such a lovebug. His whole body wags with joy when he is out of the kennel. He pulls on the leash - but when you ask him to wait, he just looks at you and seems to say "Whatever you want".

This is Miles - just a sweetheart. He is in foster care right now and if very bonded with his foster mom, so he acts very aloof when you first meet him - but once he knows you - WATCH OUT!! - He will be your best friend for life.

I wish I could have gotten a better picture of Big Boy because he is at great risk of being put down.. He is another one that just melts into you for pets and really needs a forever home. We have had a few applicants for him, but their adoption application had been denied - so we are trying real hard to to get him placed. He is another one that looks mean - but is a jello ball when you get to know him.

This is Sierra - what a cutie. Also in danger due to her being a Pit Bull Mix and the shelter being so crowded. Such a sweet dog - our adoption coordinator has such a soft spot for her, but she is already fostering her maximium so can't take her.

If anyone knows of anyone who would be interested - please give us a call. We can arrange transport (even if I have to do it myself). I am very concerned that they will start putting dogs down due to space. Rescue groups are always welcome.
    Last edited by clara4457; 11-30-2003 at 08:00 PM.

You know who I love--Big Boy!!!
    I hope he finds a forever home soon!!
    They are all so beautiful!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Emily - I had a feeling that you would find Big Boy attractive. He is just a sweet dog. If I didn't have Penny Lane, I would probably adopt him myself. We have had a few people interested, but they have a rule at the shelter that they won't adopt Pits, Rotts or GSD's to apartment dwellers because they have found that the high risk dogs that are adopted by people that live in apartments have a high risk of being returned.

It is very sad - but probably very true.

they are all so cute!..i hope they all find forever homes!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.